Page 124 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2474114121122123124125126127134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2487
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Who do you guys want? Speak true. Kevin Durant or Ben Simmons? Would you like to try & win now or wait & see of what BS is capable of?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

You can't get either until after the season so it's irrelevant. If you have the #1 pick Ben Simmons is clearly the guy, even if somehow the Lakers got lucky and signed Durant. Ingram is closing the gap a bit and it's clear those are the top 2 guys but you for sure pick Simmons still. It would be way too risky to trade down a few picks because those are guards and the Lakers have Russell and Clarkson. Not to mention there seems to be a major drop off in talent this year the farther down the board you get.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Who do you guys want? Speak true. Kevin Durant or Ben Simmons? Would you like to try & win now or wait & see of what BS is capable of?
    I don't see us getting #1 pick tbh.. the odds are against it, but odds are in our favor we will be somewhere in top 3. Who else is showing high pick signs? We need a center or SF.

I also don't see KD coming to LA btw. He is looking for instant contenders. We won't be contenders next year even with top 3 pick.

Home of the 16

I'm only mainly talking about what you want or who do you want to run the Lakers for the next years/decade, KD or Simmons? It's all hypothetical. I'm sure we're all aware of what could happen this offseason.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I don't see us getting #1 pick tbh.. the odds are against it, but odds are in our favor we will be somewhere in top 3. Who else is showing high pick signs? We need a center or SF.

I also don't see KD coming to LA btw. He is looking for instant contenders. We won't be contenders next year even with top 3 pick.
    I agree, very tough to get that number 1 pick. And if you were KD and were prepared to leave what team do you choose, the Warriors or the Lakers? It's pretty much a no brainer. If LA could somehow land Ingram that would be huge. Other than that the top 10 is full of PG's, SG's, and PF's which are all positions the Lakers don't have an immediate need in. I don't see a C worth taking. So it really kind of puts the Lakers in a tough spot. Better land a top 2 pick because if it's #3 it would put the Lakers in a tough spot. Let Clarkson walk and draft a guy like Dunn or try to trade Randle and draft someone like Bender. I'm not sure how a guy like Buddy Hield would fit with Russell. Jaylen Brown looks like a reach for the top 3. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. Those ping pong balls are going to really mean so much for the Lakers this offseason.

Home of the 16

Okay...

By winning now, I meant win in 2-4 years, lol. I said the same thing to my uncle, with this roster, they're not winning for at least the next 3 years realistically if they play their cards right with KD -- if.

NBA lottery pick

They're not going to be contenders in 2-4 years either way. I think the best thing for them to do right now is to accumulate as much young talent as possible and then hope that one season that big FA signing will happen. If they get Jimmy out of there it's totally possible.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    They're not going to be contenders in 2-4 years either way. I think the best thing for them to do right now is to accumulate as much young talent as possible and then hope that one season that big FA signing will happen. If they get Jimmy out of there it's totally possible.
    Yes, it can either go right or wrong, a lot can happen in a span of 2-4 years (but who the f* knows?) regardless if Jim Buss is running the FO or not, just as long as Mitch is there -- a man can hope.

D'Angelo, JC & Julius - they've been really impressive with their selections/decision making 80% of the time, not the best, but it's a solid foundation. The Dwight Howard trade obviously didn't go well as planned, but on paper, that was legit, & so to say "they won't be contenders in 2-4 years" is far much of a stretch than to say they will be in 4 years (if they acquire KD) given what they both have accomplished these past few years by acquiring these promising young talents & seeing or knowing what's to come this offseason or the next.

A lot of things can happen, just not keen on stockpiling young talent unless they're for trading purposes / JC-trade-material, never was a fan of having a young bench -- I'm saying young bench since I wouldn't change the core group that they have right now in DLO/JC/Randle. After all of this shit is done by acquiring rentals, I think & would hope it'll end up with DLO/JC backcourt unless they can find someone else to replace JC.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

Then take Ingram number two and run. Ingram may have a lower ceiling than Simmons but his floor is much higher.

NBA lottery pick

If the team got Ingram I think a lineup of Clarkson, Russell, Ingram, Randle, and whoever at C would be fun to watch. It would probably be a lot like the Timberwolves this year. They wouldn't win a lot but they'd be right there and it would at least be promising.

If the team got Ingram I think a lineup of Clarkson, Russell, Ingram, Randle, and whoever at C would be fun to watch. It would probably be a lot like the Timberwolves this year. They wouldn't win a lot but they'd be right there and it would at least be promising.
    I think if that team can win 40 games next season, it's an awesome start. Then we can consider playoffs in 2 years.

I think 40 wins is definitely realistically possible. Here's why..
    We are on pace to win about 20 games this year with fairly crappy chemistry, Kobe distraction, and front office in shambles not helping. With Kobe distraction gone next year, I expect that alone to get us to 25 wins. Add a very good player in Ingram, boom 30 wins total. If we don't get 10 extra wins from the experience of this season and some chemistry, then this season was an utter failure.

That 40 wins is within our grasps as long as we get a top 3 pick. Won't make playoffs in the West BUT it is success from where we are right now.

NBA lottery pick

They'd need a major free agent signing in the off season + Ingram to get close to 40 games. Look at Minnesota. They have a great young core. They aren't going to get to 30 wins this season. Utah is the only team with young talent that might make it to that but those guys have a year or two more experience than the other young guys. 40 wins is definitely a stretch. If the Lakers land KD it's not though

They'd need a major free agent signing in the off season + Ingram to get close to 40 games. Look at Minnesota. They have a great young core. They aren't going to get to 30 wins this season. Utah is the only team with young talent that might make it to that but those guys have a year or two more experience than the other young guys. 40 wins is definitely a stretch. If the Lakers land KD it's not though
    GROWING PAINS re: TWolves, as they have trouble finishing games, making mental mistakes. Same could be said about Boston last season but they seemed to have matured..... under the guidance of Brad Stevens. Now his team is 3RD best in defensive rating, 9th best in offense.
    2 years ago, they were 18th in defensive rating....

NBA lottery pick

What Brad Stevens has done with that roster in Boston is incredible. On paper that team shouldn't even be considered an 8 seed in the East.

What Brad Stevens has done with that roster in Boston is incredible. On paper that team shouldn't even be considered an 8 seed in the East.
    IMO, it's about creating sensible defensive schemes, effective sets then patiently teaching them to your young players, nurturing them etc.
    BTW, I look at his players, Thomas is under 5'10, skinny and not exactly a lock up defender, Sullinger is too short and overweight and slow and yet they make it work.
    Other coaches like Vogel who lost 3 very good starters have done a great job too. Mike Malone with what he had at Sacramento and now at Denver have done good too.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 02-20-2016 at 03:44 AM.