Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Reality Check on Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    What do you need an assault rifle for?
    To protect you against a tyrannical govt of course.

Historically speaking, if the govt wanted to get rid of you they'd find other ways. Having a shoot out isnt no.1 on their list.

How is an assault rifle lethal in the hands of a law abiding citizen. That is not the real issue; the real issue has been tainted by logical fallacies (appeal to emotions and generalization) to equate crazed psycho kids who attain these arms illegally as a reason to ban them.

A thousand armed citizens defending the constitution against a tyrannical government is more lethal than a thousand pistol holders, or god forbid, knife fighters.

That is the original premise of the 2nd amendment. If such weapons end up in the hands of criminals and little psycho kids, then that is a failure in enforcement, mainly parents and law enforcement officers, not a failure in the amendment in and of itself because law abiding citizens are only using it for protection similar to a cop using it to protect himself.

Cops who are regularly armed don't go on mass shootings and in fact protect others within their vicinity simply because they are armed. The same can be said of law abiding, well trained regular citizens like you and I.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. This premise is full proof and irrefutable. If you can't find a counter argument, then your position is fallacious. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Ok so you admit criminals acquire their guns illegally and most of the crimes are committed through these measures, then why the f*ck are you going after the registered law abiding gun owners.

See the contradiction dumbsh*t.

I'm not a gun nut, I just think your premise is flawed and stupid.
    Wtf are you talking about?

How is an assault rifle lethal in the hands of a law abiding citizen. That is not the real issue; the real issue has been tainted by logical fallacies (appeal to emotions and generalization) to equate crazed psycho kids who attain these arms illegally as a reason to ban them.

A thousand armed citizens defending the constitution against a tyrannical government is more lethal than a thousand pistol holders, or god forbid, knife fighters.

That is the original premise of the 2nd amendment. If such weapons end up in the hands of criminals and little psycho kids, then that is a failure in enforcement, mainly parents and law enforcement officers, not a failure in the amendment in and of itself because law abiding citizens are only using it for protection similar to a cop using it to protect himself.

Cops who are regularly armed don't go on mass shootings and in fact protect others within their vicinity simply because they are armed. The same can be said of law abiding, well trained regular citizens like you and I.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. This premise is full proof and irrefutable. If you can't find a counter argument, then your position is fallacious. Period.
    Idiots I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    To protect you against a tyrannical govt of course.

Historically speaking, if the govt wanted to get rid of you they'd find other ways. Having a shoot out isnt no.1 on their list.
    Semi-autos in the hands of a good number of people who want to protect their Democracy is good enough against an army of tyrannical supporters in an urban warfare setting.

What do you want them to do .. start throwing rocks or something.

Oh the Bealsanity

Idiots I swear.
    He's my new favorite poster.

Its like a comedy show.

Semi-autos in the hands of a good number of people who want to protect their Democracy is good enough against an army of tyrannical supporters in an urban warfare setting.

What do you want them to do .. start throwing rocks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I have not seen anyone argue that and the propose legislation isn't going to take away guns. So, where does the bold'd come from??? For someone that pretends to be logical, I find it strange that your arguments are not based on reality.
    By those not versed in logic, the argument has successfully used a logical deception (generalization) to say law abiding citizens are the same as psycho deranged kids when they possess a firearm.

It's like drugs: if someone smokes pot, they are as bad as a heroin addict although the pot doesn't even come close to the harmful effects of heroin, but the generalization works since most people are too stupid to figure out it is a deceptive use of logic.

The govt has a million ways to get rid of people. Do you delusional f*cks think it will be a shoot out like its a western movie?

Wanna know the difference between gorilla wars we fight in abroad vs an uprising here?

THEY'RE GORRILLA FIGHTS ABROAD!!!

The US has full control here, it's their home turf. If a silly militia wants to have a standoff they'll be taken care of before it actually starts. Do you not think any sort of organized movement isn't being tracked and bugged? Don't you think they can freeze their finances? Start a media campaign against them? Etc. etc. all this before a single shot is fired.

And if it comes down to it, a single drone strike will take care of them.

Decent college freshman

The govt has a million ways to get rid of people. Do you delusional f*cks think it will be a shoot out like its a western movie?

Wanna know the difference between gorilla wars we fight in abroad vs an uprising here?

THEY'RE GORRILLA FIGHTS ABROAD!!!

The US has full control here, it's their home turf. If a silly militia wants to have a standoff they'll be taken care of before it actually starts. Do you not think any sort of organized movement isn't being tracked and bugged? Don't you think they can freeze their finances? Start a media campaign against them? Etc. etc. all this before a single shot is fired.

And if it comes down to it, a single drone strike will take care of them.
    @ "gorilla warfare"

Shut up, ret@rd.

Anti-gun advocates are riding on 2 fallacies:

1. Appeal to emotions (Sandy Hook)

2. Generalization (possession of a firearm by a psycho deranged kid by illegal means is the same thing as possession of a firearm by a well trained law abiding citizen).

Don't even go there homeboy.
    Its funny that you can say all this and not realize how insane you sound. You can give me a lot of ramblings about how guns "don't kill people" but you still can't answer this question >>>>

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Its funny that you can say all this and not realize how insane you sound. You can give me a lot of ramblings about how guns "don't kill people" but you still can't answer this question >>>>
    That's not how things work in this country dumbfck.

You don't need alcohol. You don't need cars that go faster than the speed limit. You don't need private planes. You don't need private boats. You don't need swimming pools. You don't need a million different things that kill or harm people every year.

But you know what I really don't need? I don't need mommy government telling me how to live my life and shitting all over my constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    That's not how things work in this country dumbfck.

You don't need alcohol. You don't need cars that go faster than the speed limit. You don't need private planes. You don't need private boats. You don't need swimming pools. You don't need a million different things that kill or harm people every year.

But you know what I really don't need? I don't need mommy government telling me how to live my life and shitting all over my constitutional rights.
    Actually that is how things work in our country "dumbfck." Whether you like it or not the government is involved on some level in basically every aspect of American life. One new law won't change that.

Decent college freshman

Actually that is how things work in our country "dumbfck." Whether you like it or not the government is involved on some level in basically every aspect of American life. One new law won't change that.
    What? You didn't address my point and you didn't make any point yourself.

We don't outlaw things in this country simply because you don't think other people "need" them.

For example:

I don't think you need alcohol. It serves no purpose other than intoxication. You personally may not drive drunk, but some people do and they end up killing thousands of innocent people every year. Therefore I think alcohol should be banned for everybody, including responsible users.

^^ that is your logic.

This type of language plays right into the slippery slope argument. But i do find it difficult to care about gun rights in a country where gay marraige is illegal.