Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: As a Laker fan, im done with Ron Artest aka "World Peace"

I love Metta, but at this point it makes no sense to keep him on the team. He's clearly never going to be completely sane while playing a competitive sport.

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    I hate that people are acting like MWP elbowed LeBron or Griffin or something, he elbowed James fckn Harden. Who cares.

Regardless who it was, it was pretty vicious dude.

Im glad Harden is okay, and realistically as a Laker fan Harden strikes me as someone that should be put on his ass by a veteran....

Im more angry at Ron because he should be smarter than that. ONE game before the playoffs start? Really?

I hate that people are acting like MWP elbowed LeBron or Griffin or something, he elbowed James fckn Harden. Who cares.
    You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I love Metta, but at this point it makes no sense to keep him on the team. He's clearly never going to be completely sane while playing a competitive sport.

If he isnt dependable to even be on the court, then wtf is the point of his "toughness" and defense?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

As a Laker fan, I am disappointed in his actions. Am I done with him? Meh, depends on the alternative. Frankly, I think Barnes is up to the challenge. Barnes will be fine, except against certain players (Lebron, Durant). Ebanks will be OK off the bench. Metta was actually fairly clutch, and that will be seriously missed in the playoffs.

Best situation for Laker fans is that Stern kicks MWP out of the league, therefore voiding his contract.

I'd love to see the Lakers spend that money on Batum.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Sounds good to me.

Look at him, retaliating with pics now as well. All mad and shit.
    Hahaha he so mad, classic!

Too easy

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Best situation for Laker fans is that Stern kicks MWP out of the league, therefore voiding his contract.

I'd love to see the Lakers spend that money on Batum.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Do not send one of my favorite players to the Lakers!!

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13

Get it done, Mitch!

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Also, I think once Kobe retires Harden should join the Lakers to win a few rings with Bynum.

Banned

Its RON ARTEST. What did you guys expect when we signed him? While it was completely unwarranted and stupid, they still need him if they're gonna get anywhere. Now this depends on his suspension obviously but I don't think it should be more then 3 or so games. people taking it to extremes of 10+ games are crazy. Unless Harden ends up in a coma or something he should be back halfway through the first round.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    Its RON ARTEST. What did you guys expect when we signed him? While it was completely unwarranted and stupid, they still need him if they're gonna get anywhere. Now this depends on his suspension obviously but I don't think it should be more then 3 or so games. people taking it to extremes of 10+ games are crazy. Unless Harden ends up in a coma or something he should be back halfway through the first round.
    dude, it really isnt about how injured harden was because of ron's actions. Dude felt contact, and threw a really hard elbow at someone's head in a "back off" move. Completely unacceptable.

Now, I know ronron is used to playing games where players get a table leg through the heart but he lost his head and acted like an unreliable, dangerous person. Especially when you consider his history (biggest black eye in the recent NBA and destroyed a really good pacers roster) and known psychoses.

I think the commissioner will fell obligated to set a no tolerance type of penality, as the move was both between possessions and clearly intentional, while not thought through or premeditated.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    dude, it really isnt about how injured harden was because of ron's actions. Dude felt contact, and threw a really hard elbow at someone's head in a "back off" move. Completely unacceptable.

Now, I know ronron is used to playing games where players get a table leg through the heart but he lost his head and acted like an unreliable, dangerous person. Especially when you consider his history (biggest black eye in the recent NBA and destroyed a really good pacers roster) and known psychoses.

I think the commissioner will fell obligated to set a no tolerance type of penality, as the move was both between possessions and clearly intentional, while not thought through or premeditated.

Makes 0 sense to argue with someone coming with that shit. People are exaggerating...that's hilarious. I keep seeing the follow-thru, and that idiot then running like the adrenaline is really keeping him from realizing he probably just knocked someone out.

He was waiting for Ibaka...and now this guy is there talking like "OMG..looks bad."....seriously, what the hell is wrong with him? The more he talks like that the more you realize there is NO REMORSE. That has nothing to do with being crazy. Grow the **** up Artest.

Banned

wtf isnt he only gonna miss 2-3 games? How long they suspending him for?

NBA rookie of the year

what a horrible thread and overreaction. MWP hasn't costed the Lakers squat, and he was HUGE reason why they brought home the ship in 2010. Some Laker fan the OP is.