Default Has any other player ever played with the laundry list of injuries Bryant has had?

I'd like to see the list if there were one.. notable ones just from the past few years that are off the top of my head

-torn index, ring fingers
    -achilles ruptured
    -rotator cuff torn

Also found this link after a google search from bleacherreport detailing all of the notable ones before his 2008 comeback.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...injury-history

-broken wrist
    -5 different ankle sprains at least
    -surgically repaired shoulder reaggravated 2004
    -experimental surgery on right knee
    -torn ligament in shooting wrist 2014

I believe I've heard doctors both on that documentary MUSE and through other sources that have said Kobe's regeneration/healing capabilities are uncanny good which is why they speculate that he's been able to play through all of these injuries.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Default Re: Has any other player ever played with the laundry list of injuries Bryant has had?

maybe not as many different kinds of injuries but grant hill...

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Has any other player ever played with the laundry list of injuries Bryant has had?

Sure smells like lottery in here.

He has had a bunch of injuries and managed to play through a lot of them. But I wouldn't count his most recent injuries as being able to play through them. He really hasn't been able to play after his Achilles ruptured. But with age, mileage that's all understandable. Prior to his Achilles, he was a player you could count on to be in the lineup where most wouldn't be able to go. He has a high pain threshold. He is also one of the most committed players to the recovery and rehab process. He takes it very seriously and no doubt that has helped him throughout his career.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

As qrich points out, Kobe is not the only one to have a lot of injuries. Not that I am groping Kobe, but he has managed to play through many of those injuries where other players would sit out. That is what separates him from most.

Part of what makes him great, however, makes him someone many don't want to play with. So, there are pro's and con's.