Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq on LeBron's leadership: 'Was 1st time I didn't have to do anything'

Shaq has a ridiculous amount of respect and belief in LeBron. It's most telling in his post-retirement book, Shaq Uncut, which came out right after the 2011 Finals. Shaq talks about all the perimeter superstars he had played with in his career - Penny, Kobe, Wade and LeBron. By the time he came on LeBron, it would've been oh-so-easy to sh!t on him, given the nature of how the 2010 and 2011 playoffs ended. But the guy had nothing but praise for him, displaying a ridiculous amount of confidence in LeBron's abilities. Saying he already had "everything figured out about the game" (paraphrasing), and that he was a player who absolutely can and will take over a game when required. The latter in regards to LeBron's passiveness in the 2011 Finals, which he expressed some mild surprise over. Shaq could've easily said that he noticed LeBron lacked something which would prevent him from winning the big one in the future. But he totally went the opposite way in fact, saying he had absolutely no doubt LeBron would do plenty of winning in the future, because he possessed all the right ingredients. And he was right.

Default Re: Shaq on LeBron's leadership: 'Was 1st time I didn't have to do anything'

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Shaq at 9 below Wilt, Duncan, Bird and Lebron?
    Yep

This is where most professional lists rank Shaq.. He's closer to the tail end of the top 10.

But you not even listing Wilt in the top 10? The biggest of travesty. You're too caught up in Kobetard finals record narratives. He's a consensus top 10er on any sane list.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Yep

This is where most professional lists rank Shaq.. He's closer to the tail end of the top 10.

But you not even listing Wilt in the top 10? The biggest of travesty. You're too caught up in Kobetard finals record narratives. He's a consensus top 10er on any sane list.

Those dudes are ****ing morons. How the **** is a 4x champ, 3x FMVP, 1x MVP, with a career average of 24/11/3/1/2 on 58% and 24/12/3/1/2 in the PO's over a 19 season career be any lower than #6 all time? Dude averaged 30/15/3/1/2 over a 3 year stretch in the PO's while 3peating. Has any player ever come close to that kind of dominance?

3-time NBA All-Star

Well maybe he should've done something that year since they lost in the 2nd round as heavy favorites with HCA with Lebron playing like shit the last few games.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    '06 wasn't peak Shaq.

Shaq at worst is top 5 and LeBron at best is top 7. Shaq >> LeBron.

1. MJ
    2. KAJ
    3. Shaq
    4.Magic
    5. BR
    6. Duncan
    7. LeBron
    8. Kobe
    9. Bird
    10. Hakeem
    Shaq ahead of Magic? Sorry bro but you trippin. Also Larry ****in Legend way too low.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Lebron has nothing but regular season MVPs on Shaq lol..

4/5 vs 2/6

peak Shaq never layed an egg in the Finals

have fun trying to make a case for Lebron over Shaq.
    Shaq is 4/6

Also, I thought he played well for us for his age. We really only got him because it was believed that the Orlando Magic were the only team causing us problems. 09, we swept through the first and second round. Then we got Orlando and Dwight just killed us. If we double teamed, all those guys were waiting to bomb us with threes, especially Hedo. So, that is why we got him. He stood up to Dwight when we played them in the regular season but of course we all know, we never made it back to face Orlando again.

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    Shaq ahead of Magic? Sorry bro but you trippin. Also Larry ****in Legend way too low.
    No doubt. Magic's teams were loaded beyond comprehension (same with Bird's).

Once again, Shaq averaged 30/15/3/2/1 on 55% over 3 STRAIGHT Playoff runs while 3peating. No one in the history of the sport has does that. The only other one who's close is MJ, who averaged 34/6/7/2/1 on 50%.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Shaq is 4/6
    The point still stands.

Shaq was never a good leader, especially to young guys, who he's always helped give bad habits and a bad attitude. A good leader leads by example, doesn't half-arse most of the season, turn up completely out of shape, and excuse terrible ft shooting by saying "I make them when they matter."

Just more self-serving tripe from the biggest man-child of all time. Guy has burned bridges and ridiculed every team and player he's played with (when he was any good), and then has the gaul to lecture other people about leadership.

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Shaq was never a good leader, especially to young guys, who he's always helped give bad habits and a bad attitude. A good leader leads by example, doesn't half-arse most of the season, turn up completely out of shape, and excuse terrible ft shooting by saying "I make them when they matter."

Just more self-serving tripe from the biggest man-child of all time. Guy has burned bridges and ridiculed every team and player he's played with (when he was any good), and then has the gaul to lecture other people about leadership.
    (*gall)
    Last edited by Klay 3D; 05-05-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Good college starter

I agree on this take. Shaq was very insecure too. I don't think him and Lebron would have have coexist when Shaq was on his peak unless Lebron took a back seat.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    that's because Shaq was too old to do anything when he went to the Cavs
    Yeah lol

Shaq actually had a good 2008-09. Playing in Phoenix surely helped, but he was looking so old, slow, and fat in those last 2 seasons with Cleveland and Boston.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    It's crazy because now Lebron is above Shaq on the all time list

Man.. Imagine if they were on the same team in both their primes

B-R-U-H.
    They would never be able to co exist. Too much ego, Shaq always hated it when others got too much shine. He was bothered by the attention Hardaway was getting and that played a role in him leaving to LA. Then there was the thing with Kobe. Then after he left Miami he would take shots at Wade and Riley thru the media.

It wouldn't last.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

This is funny since there's no way this insecure, giant sized infant was ever a good leader.