Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: If LeBron teams up with Wade, Kobe's legacy can exceed Jordan's

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Look at the history of the award, the MVP has never gone to a player on a bad/mediocre team. People who think Kobe deserved the MVP when he had that monster statline and only got 45 wins knows nothing about the history of the MVP award.

You might want to brush up on your history because right now,

you're failing incredibly big.

Like, GINORMOUSLY HUGE FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    Jesus Christ when will people get it into their heads that Jordan is THE greatest of all time and always will be. His legacy will never be matched or surpassed by anybody, even if they come along and are a better and more successful player than MJ, it wont change anything.

MJ is the foundation of greatness, everything else is built upon him. He is the man and always will be.

END OF STORY!

Kareem>>>>Jordan.

Brush up on your history as well if you want to talk about the greatest of all time.

dont feed the troll!! your off topic bickering sustains him

Quote Originally Posted by KAJ=GOAT
    Kareem>>>>Jordan.

Brush up on your history as well if you want to talk about the greatest of all time.

Just Shut the F*ck up troll.

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time.

He had more Finals MVP than Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and he's also the better Finals performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Just Shut the F*ck up troll.

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time.

He had more Finals MVP than Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and he's also the better Finals performer.

Kareem>>>>>>>>>Jordan

q:how do you get picked behind
    Sam Bowie?

a: you just aren't that great to begin with.

6 NBA titles
    3 NCAA titles
    3 NYC titles

dominance,

at

every

single

level.

Kareem>>>>>>>>>Jordan

Sam Bowie?

6 NBA titles
    3 NCAA titles
    3 NYC titles

dominance,

at

every

single

level.

simpletons often laughed when splashed with a dose of reality.

You're bursting at the seams because the truth is coming at you in large quantities.

Last I checked,

6=6
    3>1
    3>0

Kareem>>>Jordan.
    and thats backed by facts, not opinions.

Decent playground baller Samurai Jack's Avatar

Kareem>>>>>>>>>Jordan

Sam Bowie?

6 NBA titles
    3 NCAA titles
    3 NYC titles

dominance,

at

every

single

level.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    wow...

We are comparing their NBA Careers.

It's like saying that Manu Ginobili is better than Kareem because he never won an Olympic Gold Medal during his prime.

Jordan was the more successful player in the NBA.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    Why do I need to agree with you? Kareems stats are just as impressive if not moreso than Jordan's because he did it for a longer time. He had just as much success in the postseason. He is in the top 3 of blocks, rebounds, and points scored, the important categories for a big man. And he dominated a decade. What more do you want from him? In my mind he and Jordan are evenly matched with respect to stats and honors, but because Kareem did it for 20 years instead of 15 I've got to give him the edge.
    I'm not trying to diminish Kareem at all, but both Kareem and Jordan can be slighted with the "couldn't win without _____" cuz obviously neither of em won without Oscar/Magic or Pippen. That doesn't mean **** to me personally, but I know people will say it.

But what sets Jordan apart is that he dominated the league and went against most conventional logic that said you needed a great big man to win in this league. Now obviously that's slightly unfair cuz you can't really diminish Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, whoever cuz of their size, but Jordan did what was pretty unlikely (not impossible, but not a walk in the park) and won rings without any semblance of a dominant big man.

And of course, even recently damn near all championships have been won by a great big man and a pretty damn good guard/wing, or a great guard/wing and a pretty damn good big. Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, or Kobe and Gasol, Wade and Shaq, KG and Pierce/Ray, Duncan and Parker/Manu. The Pistons in 04 being the exception with a pretty damn good 5, but no truly "dominant" forces at any position. And Hakeem in 94 was pretty much solo.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    this is a dumb thread

the OP is obviously a Kobe for GOAT fanatic, and is trying to do everything in is power to single handedly make everyone think he is in fact the GOAT

it's a shame he wasnt old enough to watch the REAL GOAT

and if lebron wants to win a championship and wants to team up with wade, then so be it
    You're missing the entire point of this thread (except for the part about it being dumb). It really has little to do with Kobe or Wade. This is about PB grasping for reasons why LBJ should want to stay in Cleveland.

If Wade and LeBron team up they are arguaby one of the best 1-2 punch in NBA History.

I think they are going to win at least 3 NBA Championships in the next decade because Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, Dirk, Nash, and Duncan are not getting younger anymore.

Kobe needs at least 4 NBA Finals MVP and 4 NBA Regular Season MVP if he wants to be consider as a top 5 greatest player in NBA History.
    Are you ****in kidding me? If kobe wins 4 finals MVPs, that means he will have 7 titles, he will be top 2-3 candidate if not the greatest.

We are comparing their NBA Careers.

It's like saying that Manu Ginobili is better than Kareem because he never won an Olympic Gold Medal during his prime.

Jordan was the more successful player in the NBA.
    uh, when you say

GOAT, which means "greatest of all time",

you're talking about an entire body of work that encompasses one level.

Kareem>>>Jordan, even in the NBA.

Kareem was in the finals for half of his career while Jordan was retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    I'm not trying to diminish Kareem at all, but both Kareem and Jordan can be slighted with the "couldn't win without _____" cuz obviously neither of em won without Oscar/Magic or Pippen. That doesn't mean **** to me personally, but I know people will say it.

But what sets Jordan apart is that he dominated the league and went against most conventional logic that said you needed a great big man to win in this league. Now obviously that's slightly unfair cuz you can't really diminish Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, whoever cuz of their size, but Jordan did what was pretty unlikely (not impossible, but not a walk in the park) and won rings without any semblance of a dominant big man.

And of course, even recently damn near all championships have been won by a great big man and a pretty damn good guard/wing, or a great guard/wing and a pretty damn good big. Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, or Kobe and Gasol, Wade and Shaq, KG and Pierce/Ray, Duncan and Parker/Manu. The Pistons in 04 being the exception with a pretty damn good 5, but no truly "dominant" forces at any position. And Hakeem in 94 was pretty much solo.

Kareem played against 37 of the NBAs 50 greatest players.

Jordan played against 14.

Also, Kareem won without Oscar and won without Magic. Neither of those players won without him.

You go on to say Jordan won without a dominant big man.

I guess having the best SF of your time to go along with key role players who fully understood where they stood on the team doesn't make up for having a big man?

I guess having the premier defensive power forward of your era doesn't count as having a dominant big man either.

Don't act like Jordan had scrubs. What he lacked in one department on the team was more than made up for in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    Are you ****in kidding me? If kobe wins 4 finals MVPs, that means he will have 7 titles, he will be top 2-3 candidate if not the greatest.

Bob Cousy, John Havlicek and Bill Russell had won NBA more titles than Michael Jordan, but they were not considered as top 5 greatest player in History.

Kobe averaged 15 ppg in the 2000 NBA Finals, and he was not in the same level as Shaq when they won their NBA titles in 2000 and 2001.

He became option 1B when the Lakers won their 3rd NBA Championships in 2002.