Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Trolling aside a PED observation.

Is there any legit basketball fan on the board who thinks that pro athletes, NBA more than included, are not all juicing (broad definition)?

I've seen post to slight Lebron (definitely flirting with gear) and insinuating Westbrook is clean lately.

Maybe this thread gets locked, and I don't care about PEDs, but, be real, like they all aren't on something really?

Thoughts?

Default Re: Trolling aside a PED observation.

What exactly was Nash on?

shhhhhhh

Honestly, I don't think its widespread in the NBA, there may be a few but on average I bet for every guy using PED's there's 30+ that don't

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It's likely that some are. But assuming that everyone does it with no proof is just useless speculation. There are plenty of muscular guys that are clean as well as skinny guys that are not (look at cycling). So judging guys to be or not to be doping just because of their build doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    EPO perhaps? I don't know, I just think the selective interpretation and conclusions are ridiculous. Westbrook suffered a similar injury to Rose (most recent), and he's playing better than ever (without Rose's ACL history admittedly), and no one legitimately questions Russ? Meanwhile, Lebron and Kobe (Germany) fall under scrutiny, and Duncan flies under the radar? The most egregious perhaps is MJ in the 90s, with his added muscle and physique after 90s minor league baseball (still the GOAT regardless), but it seems absurd that people legitimately believe these athletes are clean, or that it's Lebron, not Westbrook (instead of both and 90% of others or more that aren't juicing).

All are amazing players btw, Just an observation about fandom and perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's likely that some are. But assuming that everyone does it with no proof is just useless speculation. There are plenty of muscular guys that are clean as well as skinny guys that are not (look at cycling). So judging guys to be or not to be doping just because of their build doesn't cut it.
    I respect this point RMWG and want it to be true. Perhaps, I'm too cynical, but the Lebron-Westbrook PED conversation bothers me, as it's disingenuous at best (even accounting for trolling).

I would have no problem with it if everyone could've access, but it doesn't seems like it. I guess some of them are but there are plenty off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    EPO perhaps? I don't know, I just think the selective interpretation and conclusions are ridiculous. Westbrook suffered a similar injury to Rose (most recent), and he's playing better than ever (without Rose's ACL history admittedly), and no one legitimately questions Russ? Meanwhile, Lebron and Kobe (Germany) fall under scrutiny, and Duncan flies under the radar? The most egregious perhaps is MJ in the 90s, with his added muscle and physique after 90s minor league baseball (still the GOAT regardless), but it seems absurd that people legitimately believe these athletes are clean, or that it's Lebron, not Westbrook (instead of both and 90% of others or more that aren't juicing).

All are amazing players btw, Just an observation about fandom and perception.
    The Lebron and Kobe situation is mostly trolling on ISH. These fanboys will say anything to prop their idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    I would have no problem with it if everyone could've access, but it doesn't seems like it. I guess some of them are but there are plenty off of it.

The Lebron and Kobe situation is mostly trolling on ISH. These fanboys will say anything to prop their idol.
    I hope you're right Genaro. I respect your posts and opinions. You seem like a Kobe/Lakers fan who respects game regardless, and I can appreciate that, even if I don't always agree.

I hope you're right Genaro. I respect your posts and opinions. You seem like a Kobe/Lakers fan who respects game regardless, and I can appreciate that, even if I don't always agree.

I respect this point RMWG and want it to be true. Perhaps, I'm too cynical, but the Lebron-Westbrook PED conversation bothers me, as it's disingenuous at best (even accounting for trolling).
    This is just suspecting them because they're great athletes. You can speculate as to how they got to where they are but without proof it's got no serious basis. The standard you want to apply would label any great athlete a cheater simply because they're great. That's a worthless standard. If we ever hear that James or Westbrook are linked to some guy like Conte or Bosch then it's fair game. But until something like that happens I'm not going to go making accusations based on nothing.

This is just suspecting them because they're great athletes. You can speculate as to how they got to where they are but without proof it's got no serious basis. The standard you want to apply would label any great athlete a cheater simply because they're great. That's a worthless standard. If we ever hear that James or Westbrook are linked to some guy like Conte or Bosch then it's fair game. But until something like that happens I'm not going to go making accusations based on nothing.
    Believe it or not, I am a practicing attorney, and I absolutely respect the burden of proof. No argument here RMWG. I'm not trying to troll if you can believe it.

Believe it or not, I am a practicing attorney, and I absolutely respect the burden of proof. No argument here RMWG. I'm not trying to troll if you can believe it.
    I'm not saying you're trolling just pointing out the problem with your position.

I'm not saying you're trolling just pointing out the problem with your position.
    You are correct about my position's weaknesses: lack of evidence and speculation. No worries at all, but I wanted to create a conversation is all.

NBA lottery pick

Only guy I know for sure was on PED is Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Plenty of anabolics out there to increase stamina, endurance, recovery (Nash was 30+ in his prime)