Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default why do so many people hate nyc/knicks?

I see alot of threads about how we're in 'disarray' and asking us 'how we feel' in regards to not finishing first.

I think it speaks VOLUMES about how obsessed haters are. JUST IMAGINE if and when the knicks get to the finals and win a 'chip how much they're going to hate on NY.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Default Re: why do so many people hate nyc/knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I see alot of threads about how we're in 'disarray' and asking us 'how we feel' in regards to not finishing first.

I think it speaks VOLUMES about how obsessed haters are. JUST IMAGINE if and when the knicks get to the finals and win a 'chip how much they're going to hate on NY.
    Because of unnecessary comments like this being made by stupid fans like you. We can't get past the first round and have no idea how we will cope this season with our new additions/subtractions to the team.

Battling for the 8th seed last season and getting demolished by the Heat in the playoffs isn't going to attract praises.

I used to like the Knicks until the 8-15 start and then Melo openly admitting that he didn't play hard for D'antoni (who was trying everything he could to make the team better). Then I realized how much time I wasted watching the Knicks and how much of a big baby Melo is. Tyson, Iman, Jared Jefferies ALWAYS came to play as hard as they possibly could and Melo openly admitted he didn't care. That was enough to turn me against them.

Because NY fans feel entitled to every great team. Plus their fans over hype them every year yet they can't win a playoff series. With that said, that doesn't bother me as much. I dislike the Knicks because they're rivals with my team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ownage
    Because of unnecessary comments like this being made by stupid fans like you. We can't get past the first round and have no idea how we will cope this season with our new additions/subtractions to the team.

Battling for the 8th seed last season and getting demolished by the Heat in the playoffs isn't going to attract praises.
    Bingo!!!!!

Name me ONE TEAM whose entire fan base is smart/educated and never overhypes their team.

So you're willing to hate on a team because of a couple people who are fanboys? Heck, who cares? They are FANS! Sports is entertainment and knick fans like every other fan of every other team wants to believe they have a shot; otherwise why bother watching the game?
    *IMAGINE, watching the game thinking to yourself, "we suck, and we're gonna get destroyed"

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Unwarranted self-importance. Probably the worst franchise when it comes to being able to handle criticism. Everyone is a "hater" that says the Knicks won't be that good.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Because NY fans feel entitled to every great team. Plus their fans over hype them every year yet they can't win a playoff series. With that said, that doesn't bother me as much. I dislike the Knicks because they're rivals with my team.

This is complete bullshit. It's only Yankee fans that expect to win. Mets/Jets/Giants/Rangers/Islanders/Knicks fans don't put any type of crazed expectations on their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    This is complete bullshit. It's only Yankee fans that expect to win. Mets/Jets/Giants/Rangers/Islanders/Knicks fans don't put any type of crazed expectations on their teams.
    Oh boy yes they do. I've never had problems with a Giants or Islander fan though.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Stopped liking Knicks fans after this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=261087

SMFH.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

SMFH.

That wasn't made by a Knicks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

SMFH.
    Ah yes I remember that.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

The Knicks have been a laughing stock for 12 years now. It's so easy to hate on them since they won't win shit.

The hate on the Yankees and Lakers is more to do with jealousy and bitterness.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Knicks fans most definitely do.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Because we have a dysfunctional front office, team and fans? We have made some of the dumbest moves this past decade..(Marbury, Francis, J-James, Curry, T-Mac, Jeffries, Randolph, Crawford, McDyess and probably now Carmelo) I don't think people actually hate us but I think they feel pity for us instead.