View Poll Results: Kawhi

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Backfire. There is no injury-free guarantee, even if he lowers his chances. He'll get injured.

1 33.33%
  • Backfire, there is no injury-free guarantee, but he

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • 2 66.67%
  • 0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • 0 0%
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Question Will Kawhi's load management work for the Clippers as it did for the Raptors? Opine!

Since there's been quite an upheaval lately regarding the "load-management", topic; both in the media and in enthusiast circles, I think it's time we put our early opinions to the test before the end of the season provides the final judgement. Vote in the poll and see how your opinion stacks up with the results at season's end.

As we all know, Kawhi Leonard has become the center of attention for being the most prolific star to practice load-management (aka taking days off work/games to rest the body). I'm personally not a fan at all of load-management and subscribe to old school mentality but some disagree and see value in load-management. Consider injuries like Kobe's after been run down by Mike D'Antoni, or Kawhi's successful load-management championship season with the Raptors.... plus many other pro-arguments found in other discussion threads.

However, we all know at the end of the day that it's success (provided we take into consideration all context), that is the most important variable in measuring the worth of this strategy.

Do consider that the West is not the East (where you can coast easily), before you vote.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 11-15-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: Will Kawhi's load management work for the Clippers as it did for the Raptors? Opine!

We helped him manage his load the best.... now he'll have to bust himself.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: Will Kawhi's load management work for the Clippers as it did for the Raptors? Opine!

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    We helped him manage his load the best.... now he'll have to bust himself.
    I think the conference had a lot to do with that instead of it being a personal thing.

With Paul George coming back, I think it's fair and square from here on out. The only differentiating variable being the competitive nature of the West.

The Clippers are in a unique scenario where their biggest threat literally plays in the same arena as them, HCA in an all L.A. series just isn't going to matter for either team

I'd still pick the Clippers to beat any team in the playoffs, even without homecourt, but if they're still playing at this pace by New Years, I think they should scrap load management. My biggest concern would be they need Kawhi & PG to get proper reps and chemistry with the rest of the team as they get assimilated, make sure they work out and resolve any potential issues during the regular season

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Since there's been quite an upheaval lately regarding the "load-management", topic; both in the media and in enthusiast circles, I think it's time we put our early opinions to the test before the end of the season provides the final judgement. Vote in the poll and see how your opinion stacks up with the results at season's end.

As we all know, Kawhi Leonard has become the center of attention for being the most prolific star to practice load-management (aka taking days off work/games to rest the body). I'm personally not a fan at all of load-management and subscribe to old school mentality but some disagree and see value in load-management. Consider injuries like Kobe's after been run down by Mike D'Antoni, or Kawhi's successful load-management championship season with the Raptors.... plus many other pro-arguments found in other discussion threads.

However, we all know at the end of the day that it's success (provided we take into consideration all context), that is the most important variable in measuring the worth of this strategy.

Do consider that the West is not the East (where you can coast easily), before you vote.
    Clippers are winning it all so yes

The ISH'ers Champion!

There is also the counter argument, (whether truly worthy of consideration or not is another topic) that says that in a load-management scenario, a properly coached team is better off having the star missing games every so often to allow the role players to fully settle in their roles, acquire more responsibility and become used to the demand of such responsibility. Instead of creating an unhealthy dependency on the superstar carry jobs each and every game. Thus, once you plug in the superstar, the team is already better off. Quite a balance to work out.