Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe's Stifling Defense on Opposing Point Guards

people really gonna pretend kobe wasn't getting doubled every possession and creating opportunities for others?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    I watched the game....Kobe had great help BEHIND him...Lawson would blow by Kobe AT WILL without that help....

SAVE IT KID
    Thanks for proving you didn't watch the game. Lawson did not once drive by Kobe. In fact, he would drive into the lane with Kobe still in front of him forcing him to pick up his dribble, turn around and pass it back out to his teammate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Is it really trolling? I just say what i saw....

Gasol 23-17-6 and 4 blocks, hitting the most 4th quarter points
    Blake 19 points on 7 of 11, hitting more 4th quarter points than Kobe
    Bynum 16-18 and 6 blocks, got more 4th quarter points than Kobe aswell

Kobes teammates stepped up tonight... in a night where he didnt play so good...
    you didnt watch the game if you thought bynum played well

kobe had great d and played well... gasol was mvp no doubt but kobe was up there.

Very good NBA starter

I watched the game....Kobe had great help BEHIND him...Lawson would blow by Kobe AT WILL without that help....

SAVE IT KID
    which is why he got shut down the first 3 quarters when kobe wasn't on him? oh wait, he was on fire...

why is it so hard for people to admit Kobe played well defensively...

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Is it really trolling? I just say what i saw....

Gasol 23-17-6 and 4 blocks, hitting the most 4th quarter points
    Blake 19 points on 7 of 11, hitting more 4th quarter points than Kobe
    Bynum 16-18 and 6 blocks, got more 4th quarter points than Kobe aswell

Kobes teammates stepped up tonight... in a night where he didnt play so good...
    Are you kidding me? You're an idiot.

Gasol was the best tonight, Blake played extremely well, but the offense was run through Kobe, and he made the right passes when the doubles came, that's why he didn't many 4th qtr points.

He played great D on Lawson, held him to nothing.

and inb4 you mention hypocrisy about LeBron's 4th qtr in 2011 Finals...he just completely disappeared, whereas Kobe hit that nasty 3 and had enough swag to bump JT

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Thanks for proving you didn't watch the game. Lawson did not once drive by Kobe. In fact, he would drive into the lane with Kobe still in front of him forcing him to pick up his dribble, turn around and pass it back out to his teammate.

Proving you didn't watch the game....Kobe would get TORCHED by Lawson if no one was on the floor....

Thinking Kobe can stay in front of Lawson in a 1-on-1 situation is LAUGHABLE....

Lawson's speed is blazing. Kobe is like molasses

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Lawson's MO. Needs to learn to attack consistently. Not to take away from Kobe's D but Lawson done this his entire career, including game 6. Goes on offensive spurts than fades away to a spot up shooter and becomes extremely passive.

Can't wait until Denver finally gets a true back up PG. Lawson has always had to play with another PG who's an established vet. Billups, Felton, Miller. I can't count how many times this game Miller took the ball out of Lawson's hands.

SAVE IT KID
    Which is why He had 32 points in game 6 and 24 points through 3 Qtrs tonight with others guarding him?

SAVE IT KID

You obviously didn't watch the game. Where was that great help in the 3rd q when Lawson was getting into the paint at will?

Kobe shut down Lawson, period. I'm not one to give Kobe credit as a great defender, but he locked up Lawson, and changed the game.

Banned

ITs true, he murdered lawson. Just murdered him.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You obviously didn't watch the game. Where was that great help in the 3rd q when Lawson was getting into the paint at will?

Kobe shut down Lawson, period. I'm not one to give Kobe credit as a great defender, but he locked up Lawson, and changed the game.
    Ask him about Game 6 and 3qtrs of game 7 when kobe wasn't on him?

NBA rookie of the year

Kobe defense??

2 words:

WORLD PEACE
    Seriously. It's hysterical to see Kobe fans laud his "defense" on Lawson tonight, talking about how he stepped up to the challenge. I guess he just didn't wanna guard Lawson through the first 43 minutes when he was killing LA. And Lawson was simply hesitant to drive against LA's huge front line in the 4th, but they're acting like Kobe did a blanket job on him in terms of ball denial or staying in front of him on the drive when this wasnt the case at all - Lawson was just EXTREMELY passive in the 4th due to LA's size inside. He didn't even try to MAKE any moves to GIVE Kobe a chance to play good D on him. That's what makes all this talk so hysterical.

NBA sixth man of the year

Proving you didn't watch the game....Kobe would get TORCHED by Lawson if no one was on the floor....

Thinking Kobe can stay in front of Lawson in a 1-on-1 situation is LAUGHABLE....

Keep living in your hypothetical world dude. The game tape doesn't lie, go watch it sometime and quit trolling the boards, it might help you lose some weight.

Holy shit, I'm sure NBA TV will show the game tomorrow or something. Watch it. Lawson tried to drive on Kobe but he stayed in front of him and had no choice but to pass it back out. I saw it with my own two eyes you daft moron.

It was sick, that's why he kept looking for his teammates in the 4th, using his energy defensively, he's still better than Lebron defensively when he wants to.