Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    National High School Star

Default Re: Charles Barkley vs. Kevin Garnett

If you have to draft someone to for the next 10 years i'd pick KG. He was consistent, always in shape (anorexic i guess, but strong) and he could be the centerpiece on any type of team.

Bark was a guard mixed with a center. Had the agility, speed and ballhandling of a guard and the strength and ferocity of the best centers.

His offensive game was unstoppable. Plain and simple, he was a beast. He was helluva lot more exciting to watch also.

They really are a tough two to compare. Bark may not have played defense but his crazy rebounding and style of play inspired his teammates more I would think. KG in his MVP season though was an insane beast as well and did everything. I think in a head to head matchup Bark would put the hurting on Garnett so I'll give him the edge. KG actually has the better matchup but doesn't have that killer go at him every play and try to embarrass him attitude Bark has.

Default Re: Charles Barkley vs. Kevin Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    i agree.

Barkley played with great players throughout his career so you're telling me the "best PF EVER" could play with both Hakeem and Moses Malone and cant win a title?

put 2nd year Tim Duncan on the 86 Sixers = championship

put Prime Timmy on the 94 Suns = Championship

Put Tim Duncan now on a team with Hakeem, Drexler and Willis = Finals

Put Duncan on the 93 Suns (the team that actually got to the Finals) and they don't get to the Finals. If they get there with Duncan in 94 it's because Barkley was expected to retire after the playoffs, due to the severity of chronic back issues and his concern for his quality of life after basketball. Put 93 Barkley on 94 Suns and the Suns win the title.

Put 2nd year Duncan on 86 Sixers and they won't beat LA or Houston. Period. End of.

If prime Duncan played on that Rockets team then they get to the Finals...same thing with prime Barkley. With prime Barkley, they even have a chance of beating the Bulls. But he wasn't in his prime.

So you didn't actually say anything.