Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Blake Griffin or Carmelo Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    People picking griffin cuz melo iz back on the knicks. They know they are full of it. Blake iz a damn 3rd round virgin for crying out loud and never been a scoring champ and prolly never will be.
    What happened to the edumacated posting style bro?

[COLOR="Magenta"]iLL Tk da guy who can create his own shot and actually hit FTs [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    What happened to the edumacated posting style bro?
    he's a fraud

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    The one that wins more over the next 5 years
    I hope you're not implying that that would be Melo..

self-proclaimed Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Ya because he is carrying trash into the playoffs and going against the NBA champs and NBA finalists in the 1st round.
    Not to make this about Kobe, but let me make this about Kobe for a second...

If you may recall, Kobe had a trash team from 2005-2007 but unlike Melo, he was able to carry them deep, only missing the playoffs once and fighting a fierce battle with the "stacked" Phoenix Suns teams featuring Tim Thomas and Leandro Barbosa, among other legends.

Then, in 2012 Kobe had an even more garbage team and still managed to get them into the playoffs as a respectable 7th seed. If he hadn't been injured carrying that team of journeymen all year, I think they could have easily won a playoff game too.

So don't try to compare the two. If that's what you were doing.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 for 24

If you may recall, Kobe had a trash team from 2005-2007 but unlike Melo, he was able to carry them deep, only missing the playoffs once and fighting a fierce battle with the "stacked" Phoenix Suns teams featuring Tim Thomas and Leandro Barbosa, among other legends.

Then, in 2012 Kobe had an even more garbage team and still managed to get them into the playoffs as a respectable 7th seed. If he hadn't been injured carrying that team of journeymen all year, I think they could have easily won a playoff game too.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    2013*

I don't like comparing perimeter players to PF's and C's normally. But as of today, I would take Melo over Blake. I would take Melo over any forward in the world other than Bron and Durant. And that's saying a lot cause the PF spot is still deep like it has been for years. People forget that Melo is also arguably the best rebounding SF in the L too. But Blake still has more room to grow though. If Blake reaches near a Karl Malone or Barkley level at PF eventually, then I would likely take him over Melo. I kind of view this argument as comparing Kemp to a Bernard King style SF back in the day. As explosive as Kemp was, I would take King over Kemp. Kemp wasn't as dominant as Malone or Barkley back in the day.

NBA All-star

a 20/10 SF is pretty rare. Griffin really allows his front court to score because of his efficiency as well as FGA per game.

Melo's playing style really opens up the weak side for penetration. as well as corner 3s. If there was SG that played like Marion. It would do wonder for the Knicks with Calderon at the point.

If they feel confident about their 4/5 defense, Griffin has a much better chance at playing in the open court at 3 than the 4. maybe the ability to pull up for a 10 footer in transition pushes the team up a level.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6 for 24

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    This was also the first time Melo has ever missed the playoffs in his entire career

04-05 lakers missed the playoffs
    05-06 lakers lost in 1st rd in 6 games
    06-07 lakers lost in 1st rd in 5 games

That is in no way "deep"

Idk if you're talkin about the 11-12 lakers or 12-13 but both those teams had much better rosters than what Melo has dealt with in NY
    Last edited by MellowYellow; 07-10-2014 at 05:17 AM.