Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: If Mavericks get Parsons and the Rockets get Bosh, is it time for a playoffs overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    Why? They would be borderline playoff team.
    Yeah they would be a borderline playoff team in the West. Which is why they should be moved to the East and fight for 2nd seed

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: If Mavericks get Parsons and the Rockets get Bosh, is it time for a playoffs overhaul

I hope Love goes out East.. some parity between conferences would be really nice..

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Agree with the premise of the thread, but the Rockets will still be playoff fodder dude. Losing Asik, Parsons, and Lin just to get Bosh is going to kill them. Dwight and Bosh are great but they have no depth and no 3rd star, both of which you need in the west.

Harden = shit

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Agree with the premise of the thread, but the Rockets will still be playoff fodder dude. Losing Asik, Parsons, and Lin just to get Bosh is going to kill them. Dwight and Bosh are great but they have no depth and no 3rd star, both of which you need in the west.
    Okay so we both agree that they are shit but imagine them being in the East for a second

Instant finals contender

Thats the point lol

National High School Star

Hasn't Silver suggested about contemplating this scenario recently?

West is absolutely ridiculous... I'm excited for the Mavs, if they get Parsons.

But man:

Phoenix
    Minnesota (Assuming they get something good for Love)
    Pelicans (AD gonna beast and the trio of 'Reke, Gordon and Jrue will be better)
    Denver (Gallo coming back, hopefully.. Can we have Coach Karl back please..?)
    SacTown (Another sub-par season..? Will at the very least effect the standings)
    Lakers (Surely won't miss the playoffs again... Right?)

Will all more than likely improve from this season... That's just the teams that missed the playoffs :/.

I hope Portland do something about their bench, they might be in a lot of trouble with making the playoffs. I don't see them playing a ridiculous amount of minutes on their starters like this season, and if they do... Will be hard to make much noise if they even make it. 1st round exit for sure with limited changes.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

The playoffs aren't a round robin tournament. At most you play like 3 of the best 8 teams so who cares.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    at the very least move the Grizzlies to the EC
    Pelicans would be better long-term.

Strong possibility a 50 win team misses the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Strong possibility a 50 win team misses the playoffs.
    At this point it's almost a definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I ask because the Spurs, Thunder, Mavericks, Clippers, and Rockets all look ridiculously stacked going into next season if those two moves happen and I think that it'd be more than enough for a playoff system overhaul so that we don't have to sit through pathetic basketball in the East while the teams in the West are murdering eachother en route to the Finals.
    Don't get caught up in the moment...believe it or not, the league existed before 2010.

Didn't East win last 2 out of 3 Finals? 5 out of the last 11? 13 out of the last 26?

Now go to sleep....