Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Does anyone have sliders they can recommend?

I had 2k11 but I skipped 2k12 and this game is a lot different. My least favorite part about sports game is sliders.

It seems like the all the sliders I looked up having 100 for inside contact frequency or driving contact frequency, I've always hated that and I always wanted it lower.

What are you guys' sliders for this game?
    I think most people that devote time into making sliders put those two at 100, because you get less realistic results if you have them lower.. Driving was just way too easy in this game.

I use the Eccentrics sliders with rosters from Bedwardsroy19, with run plays at 100 for every team. I bump up on ball defense for the cpu from 45 to 47 so the D doesn't leave me wide open all the time. I get very realistic gameplay, results and stats with this roster and sliderset. Try it out?

Wilson Chandler is a fukcing monster in this game. First move you make with any association is grab this guy. I typically trade him straight up for Jarret Jack.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    they seem to do it when you have a big lead, the funny thing is it is actually easy to score when they do this.
    this post is old but i was reading through this thread and figured i'd respond to it.

full court press only works if you do some retarded crossover that gets you trapped. otherwise you can get past everyone with just one player. they just aren't well programmed i guess. it'd be hard as hell to design a really good one for a game though. very reactionary and etc.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

F*ck this is a glitchy ass game. I'm in an online league with my brothers and in the middle of my most dominant game, the computer wouldn't pass the ball in, so I had to exit the game. Because it is online, I couldn't save and come back later hoping the glitch is over. I had Dirk with 40 something points with 1:30 left in the half in a league with 8 minute quarters. Kind of pissed right now.

Learning to shoot layups MtMutombo's Avatar

2K7 had a Tap X to win the tip off system. Techs havent been incorporated into 2k series at all (cept I hear your kinect can hear you curse and tech you up). Players should go off periodically in the game and depending on how high their emotion bar is, you have to tap X faster to calm them down?
    Rasheed wallace has impossibly difficult meter.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

I always simulate my seasons, and it seems really random. At one point, I have 4 players over 90 overall, including Jrue Holiday at 93, Dion Waiters at 95, Black Griffin at 95, and a drafted center at 90, and never won more than 45-46 games, and at one point won only 35 games. Only won 1 championship and half the time lost in the first or second round. My head coach had 3 A's and 1 B rating, as well as my assistant. Didn't have much roster turnover from year to year or anything. Doesn't make any sense to me.

anyone recommend any draft class to download? preferably some user with a few years worth of class to download so i can at least do three seasons without running into clones in drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    anyone recommend any draft class to download? preferably some user with a few years worth of class to download so i can at least do three seasons without running into clones in drafts.
    If you have a PS3 I would recommend Chiliad's draft classes. I believe they are made to fit Bedwardsroy's roster, which is in my opinion, the best roster out there, but it might work nicely with other rosters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    If you have a PS3 I would recommend Chiliad's draft classes. I believe they are made to fit Bedwardsroy's roster, which is in my opinion, the best roster out there, but it might work nicely with other rosters as well.
    Dang, i'm on 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Dang, i'm on 360.

Check the operationsports forums?

this one looks good:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

Saw a basketball once

This might sound really stupid, but I do a fantasy draft every time, and love picking 10 average shooting guards and making that my rotation. The computer can't stop the 3 ball so I always outscore them even if they get an easy dunk every possession.

I have my starter play the 1st and 4th quarters:
    PG-Rodney Stuckey-need his passing ability plus he can drive and create for others.
    SG-Anthony Morrow-lethal 3 point shooter who won't miss given space and seems to play a lot better as a starter.
    SF-Wesley Matthews-another lethal 3 point man who can rebound and defend as well.
    PF-Courtney Lee-I put him here because he can stretch the defense but also drive right fast opposing power forwards.
    C-Arron Afflalo-He is the best defender and doesn't miss a 3, he also takes away the center from the basket.
    My bench plays the 2nd and 3rd quarters:
    PG-Shannon Brown-I move him back and fourth from Pg and Sg, but he is great defending point guards and is you can get his slow release down, it is unstoppable.
    SG-Marcus Thornton-He handles the ball a lot, he can drive on anyone, and hits open jumpers even though he seems to be a better shooter in real life than in the game. Does better coming off the bench.
    SF-Daequan Cook-All he does is shoot 3's but he doesn't miss and can occasionally get you steals.
    PF-Jermaine Taylor-inconsistent jumper but he can get hot if he hits a couple, he is great at driving and explosive dunking. Just one of those guys you love using in 2k and it's ashame he isn't in the newer roster updates.
    C-Von Wafer-The opposing teams center never go out to the 3 point line to cover him so he always gets open looks and generally knocks them down. Another explosive dunker who is a great 2k player and it's ashame he too isn't in the more recent roster updates.

I finished 11-3 in my first season and wound up winning the NBA finals in 5 games on pro. I re-signed everybody and am 3-4 this season on superstar. They are all between 26-28 so I don't have to blow them up for younger SG's yet, but the time might be coming near.

Home of the 16

I'm with STUPID^

..... I'm unsubscribing, that's it!

A few weeks ago I decided to start an Association with the '96 Bulls. I put all the current Bulls players on the Bobcats and released all the current Bobcats players and made them free agents.

Anyway, I mainly simmed the regular season to get to the playoffs, but I did play all of the marquee games (Heat, Knicks, Thunder, Lakers, and Spurs). Had a few absurd games with Jordan like 52 points, 13 rebounds, 12 assists against the Knicks; 43 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds against the Heat; 38 points, 13 assists, 10 rebounds while holding Kobe to 21 points on something like 7/28 shooting; and a 64 point game against the Spurs.

Season averages for Jordan and Pippen:

Jordan: 35.5 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 5.4 APG, 2.7 SPG, 1.2 BPG, .538/.418/.841
    Pippen: 20.9 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 5.9 APG, 1.7 SPG, 1.3 BPG, .506/.362/.712

Finished the regular season 70-12. The Heat and Thunder both finished 67-15. When I got to my first regular season game against the Heat, the Bulls were 27-3 and the Heat were 28-2 and had won 28 games in a row. The Thunder had a 24 game win streak at one point. My season high win streak was 23 games and I had another 18 or 19 game win streak. Anyway, I beat the Heat in a 122-117 shootout in the first game and split the other two games. I played some games in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs but mostly simmed so I could get to the ECF to play the Heat.

Just finished game 1 of the ECF and beat Miami 111-104.

Jordan: 54 pts, 9 reb, 7 ast, 2 stls, 1 blk, 23/38 FG, 7/8 FT
    Pippen: 25 pts, 14 reb, 9 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk, 11/19 FG, 2/4 3P

Wade: 42 pts, 4 reb, 8 ast, 2 stl, 17/27 FG, 8/8 FT
    LeBron: 25 pts, 11 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 10/18 FG, 3/5 FT

Saw a basketball once

New to the forum!

Alright i came across this, and thought.. why not, ill share what i am currently working on in association.

I decided to start with the Magic. No trade over-ride on and i play on HOF. I have played assocation before and got bored easy, but this time was different. I traded for a set of nice players under the age of 22 who have potential and could possibly get alot better. I then cleared out all my big contracts and plan to get a star in the upcoming FA.

The trades went like this :

trades -

trade 2014 1st round pick for patty mills

trade arron afflalo and glen davis for harrison barnes and andrew bogut

trade jj reddick, nicholson for austin rivers, 2014 2nd round pick

trade harrison barnes, ishmael smith for kawhi leonard and gary neal

trade al harrington , 2014 2nd round pick, dequan jones for terrence ross and linas kleiza

trade patrick mills 2014 2nd round pick for jarred sullinger and 2013 2nd round pick

trade gary neal, 2013 2nd round pick for hasheem thabeet, 2013 2nd round pick

trade andris biedrins, linas kleiza, devin ebanks for carlos delfino and greg smith

trade josh mcroberts for 2014 second round pick

fire coach jacque vaughn and sign kurt hanson

trade carlos delfino for steve novak

trade kenyon martin for 2013 1st round pick and lamar odom

trade hedo turkoglu for daniel gibson and alonzo gee

trade alonzo gee, 2013 2nd round pick for 13 1st round pick and anthony morrow

So after all of this, my starting five looked like this:

Austin rivers PG (worked on his ball handling and passing)
    Terrence ross SG
    Kawhi Leonard Sf
    Jarred Sullinger
    Andrew Bogut (not young, but nice to have him as a defensive anchor)

I am looking to continute to develop Kawhi Leonard to be my franchse player, his RTG is already at 85 and im just at the end of the first season. I have a tonne of space and will look to unload Andrew bogut to get a young center who is about to become a free agent. Im thinking Demarcus Cousins.

I also gained Two first round picks for the next draft.

The biggest suprise to me was how well Hasheem Thabeet is playing after working on his game a bit, even at HOF! His RTG i at 65, but plays alot better then that!

What do you guys think i should do for the off season?

Learning to shoot layups MtMutombo's Avatar

My rule w association is you have to turn on trade override and do trades for the computer. Otherwise you get the same teams ending up terrible and it makes for poor player storylines: i.e. Irving, Paul, Cousins, D-12 ALWAYS ending up journeymen on terrible teams.

Computer drafted a 1st overall and 2nd overall (conseq years) for my Mavs after Dirk left and team went to shit. Luck of the irish but I literally end up with two 99s.

My team is

Pg- Bledsoe, Goudelock, Felton
    Sg - Fox ("Monte do it all")
    Sf - MKG, Jeff Green
    Pf - Fortson (my 2nd 99. Doesnt particularly affect game outcomes) Ryan Anderson
    C - I've shuffled through so many. Fab Melo has been a consistent backup.

Bledsoe can have a loooong career. I like him. Goudelock is a great shooter. Felton is fat but you know he can do some stuff sometimes.

Fox just makes every shot he takes and can wham. On Superstar, I put up 75 with him in a game 7... 52 in the second half. Didnt even feel like cheating. He was just unstoppable. I've had Nick Young, John Jenkins, and Marcus Thorton randomly put up like 30-50 on me so I have no remorse for my hot shooting games.

MKG IS A BITCH. I hire this dude to be my Scottie Pip. He just cannot be relied on for anything. He is not in my scoring rotation.

Fortson. Computer has a strange way of creating players w high ratings that just dont really work as players. Fortson is a 99 ovr and is reliable and consistently almost-excellent but he's a 99.

Center. God damn. My cap space is so constantly near 0, staying w a center has been difficult. Had Nik Pek - he was just injured and got beat and did dumb things too often. Fab melo never could be more than a defensive sub. I hired a bad tyson chandler out of FA. he got TORN UP by Andre Drummond (W Irving on the Grizz) in a 5 game series I lost in the finals. Dropped his ass like a sack of hammers.

I do cheat moderately. Turn off when I lose to dumb teams or get swept first round of playoffs by an 8 seed. Won 3 champs in a row. 4th year, had best record BY FAR - 73-9 - but was in shambles in the playoffs. Went to a 7 game series w every seed. Got beat in 5 in finals. Bledsoe was out, MKG hurt, my center was hurt... was bad.