Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: ☆Official Jim Buss Thread: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Will anyone help me with the "Jimmy Buss transactions/movement since day 1" or whatever the hell you call it?

Hired Mike Brown
    Signed Steve Nash
    Signed Dwight
    Fired Mike Brown
    Hired Mike D'Antoni (Best move ever)

Didn't he also fire some of Dr. Buss's long time staff? Help me, please.
    After hiring Scott or Hollins, he can easily erase these memories, especially if the lakers start winning. Winning cures all right?

Talking Re: Laker News: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Who is your ideal coach? Excluding Phil Jackson now anyway haha
    My pipe dream is still, Lakers offering Pat Riley, or even Coach K, Byron Scott is my Last Choice. If we can't get a real coach. I preffer Magic Johson over Scott..lol he never had a chance with the team he had...lol sorry.

Red face Re: ☆Official Jim Buss Thread: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

Oh, and at those talking crap about Jimmy. Freaking idiot's. lol, everyone has rights to their opinion, i guess...lol

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Laker News: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
    My pipe dream is still, Lakers offering Pat Riley, or even Coach K, Byron Scott is my Last Choice. If we can't get a real coach. I preffer Magic Johson over Scott..lol he never had a chance with the team he had...lol sorry.
    Coach K has said a million times he really doesn't want to go to the NBA. It's not even about money to him. The guy really loves his job at Duke. I've given up on him ever going to the NBA. He really doesn't need to. He's a hall of fame coach without it.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Coach K has said a million times he really doesn't want to go to the NBA. It's not even about money to him. The guy really loves his job at Duke. I've given up on him ever going to the NBA. He really doesn't need to. He's a hall of fame coach without it.
    Yeah I agree, it was definitely a nice entertaining thought. But that ship has now sailed several times lol.

Now that we have Julius Randle, I think our guy should be Lionell Hollins and not Byron Scott, but I have a feeling it will be the latter. Anyways, our top candidates for coach, all single handedly surpass any of our past two coaches' accomplishments (or lack thereof)

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Yeah I agree, it was definitely a nice entertaining thought. But that ship has now sailed several times lol.

Now that we have Julius Randle, I think our guy should be Lionell Hollins and not Byron Scott, but I have a feeling it will be the latter. Anyways, our top candidates for coach, all single handedly surpass any of our past two coaches' accomplishments (or lack thereof)
    Hollins would make a ton of sense. Think about this. We have Randle who everyone thinks is just like Zach Randolph. If we resign Gasol, he's obviously the brother of Marc. It would be a very similar situation except the Lakers actually have a guy in the backcourt in Kobe who can score.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Hollins would make a ton of sense. Think about this. We have Randle who everyone thinks is just like Zach Randolph. If we resign Gasol, he's obviously the brother of Marc. It would be a very similar situation except the Lakers actually have a guy in the backcourt in Kobe who can score.
    150% Onboard with this idea my friend. It would do my heart good.

Heavy emphasis on defense, with 3 main guys setting things up for all the other role players. I love it. I hope that management takes these things into consideration as they build this new team.

Great thing about it too is Kobe will still have much freedom with how he decides to make decisions with the ball. Look at the success that Conley had with Hollins.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    150% Onboard with this idea my friend. It would do my heart good.

Heavy emphasis on defense, with 3 main guys setting things up for all the other role players. I love it. I hope that management takes these things into consideration as they build this new team.

Great thing about it too is Kobe will still have much freedom with how he decides to make decisions with the ball. Look at the success that Conley had with Hollins.
    Haha in response to the first paragraph I think I agree it would do my sanity a lot of good

I haven't really heard too many reports actually about Hollins and the LA job, he's been mentioned a few times as being a candidate, but nothing really on "favourite" or anything like that not much at all in regards to favourites, there was one that Gentry was in consideration then he signed as associate HC at the Warriors then Rambis was and I think he's gone to the Knicks now (not sure if that's official or just likely), then there was one article that said Byron Scott was favourite etc. Out of any of the 3 that there were reports of (Hollins; Scott and Dunleavey Sr) for the position I'd have Hollins comfortably out in front he's been my preferred option all along but also I wouldn't have been bothered if it was a young coach with Hollins as the senior assistant but that didn't really happen.

I do hope it happens but I'm skeptical if it will

NBA All-star

Default Re: ☆Official Jim Buss Thread: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

I think Hollins would be a decent/great hire.

I feel that he is a coach who utilizes veterans well, as well as having a good emphasis on players developement.

of course getting swept by the Spurs in 12-13 doesn't look great when the Spurs eventually lost to the Heat.

I favor him over Thibs would mainly be because he's been with the WCF and he would be more familiar with the playoffs.