Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose's MVP was a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    25% is what Lebron shot in the 4th, in the Finals. As I said before, I don't care much for Lebron at all. He was a passive bitch and cost Wade a ring and a FMVP. Still, Lebron deserved the MVP that year over Rose.
    Howard maybe, not Lebron.

Wade was a Top 3 player that year on Lebron's own team and put up 25/5/5 on 50%, how the **** can you get an MVP award when arguably the second best player in NBA was on your team and you had another all-star big man? And yet failed to win more games than some all-star PG with defensive role players and no other all-stars. Thibs alone isn't that godly, without Rose Bulls won like 45 games, so the fact you attribute everything to Thibs is retarded.

Howard himself carried absolute scrubs to like 50 wins and had no other all-stars.

Lebron had no case whatsoever over those 2 with prime Wade putting up nearly the same stats as him on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton

Wade was a Top 3 player that year on Lebron's own team and put up 25/5/5 on 50%, how the **** can you get an MVP award when arguably the second best player in NBA was on your team and you had another all-star big man? And yet failed to win more games than some all-star PG with defensive role players and no other all-stars. Thibs alone isn't that godly, without Rose Bulls won like 45 games, so the fact you attribute everything to Thibs is retarded.

Howard himself carried absolute scrubs to like 50 wins and had no other all-stars.

Lebron had no case whatsoever over those 2 with prime Wade putting up nearly the same stats as him on the same team.
    I'm actually a bit conflicted when it comes to DH and Lebron. I wouldn't care if he won it. But Rose winning it was horseshit.

The Bulls defense is the reason why they even got the best record. The mental midget would've shit the bed if it wasn't for the Thibs and the defense. The Bulls were down in all those games because of Rose's shot jacking. He put them in the hole in the first place. If he played like a proper PG, they wouldn't even have needed all those 4th quarter heroics. 44% for the field? Let not even talk about his defense. As I said, Rose isn't anything special. Put him on a team which is not a defensive powerhouse, he's be a glorified Jennings. Also, the Heat didn't gel properly during the '11 season and yet they won 58 games and went to the Finals.
    right, thats why rose has this kind of impact on his team

"here are the bulls records against the top 8 teams in the league for 3 seasons one with a healthy rose, one with a semi healthy rose, and one with no rose.

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
    14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
    9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
    5-12"

but but its all thibs and the bulls defense
    the clear indicator of you not knowing what you are talking about is the fact you said "rose wasnt anything special that season" you clearly dont know what you are talking about. youre not even providing any points superseding my stats that i have given you. you keep reverting back to lebrons overall stats, and then i keep telling you he has a losing record against elite teams but you dont want to accept that? youre an idiot.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 07-22-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The Bulls defense is the reason why they even got the best record. The mental midget would've shit the bed if it wasn't for the Thibs and the defense.

The Bulls from 2010 to now have a 64.4 win pace in games Derrick Rose plays. 45 or 46 win pace when he doesnt. They played at a 62 win pace with Noah and rose....63 with Rose and no Noah the year Noah missed half the year. They won 62 with Boozer/Noah combining to miss like 70 games. They went 33-7 with Rose the next year and were average without him.

The defense/coach/supporting cast is the reason they win.

But no Rose...they go from #1 to being average.

They go from....a 67.65 win pace with Rose in 2012.

Win 45 without him the next year. They win at a 60-70 win pace even with injuries to Noah, Boozer, and so on when Rose is there. Hes out....they cant maintain.

We are talking a 20+ win difference maker.

But hes a problem due to shooting percentages....

Care to explain how all his destructive misses makes the team win at an all time great rate but without them they become the Atlanta Hawks?

Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    right, thats why rose has this kind of impact on his team

"here are the bulls records against the top 8 teams in the league for 3 seasons one with a healthy rose, one with a semi healthy rose, and one with no rose.

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
    14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
    9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
    5-12"

but but its all thibs and the bulls defense
    the clear indicator of you not knowing what you are talking about is the fact you said "rose wasnt anything special that season" you clearly dont know what you are talking about. youre not even providing any points superseding my stats that i have given you. you keep reverting back to lebrons overall stats, and then i keep telling you he has a losing record against elite teams but you dont want to accept that? youre an idiot.
    Hey dumbass, the Bulls were the best defensive team in the NBA in 2011 and were 11th offensively. They were really good defensively. Guess what's the one thing that Rose can't do at all? PLAY DEFENSE. Of course, the Bulls are going to be better with Rose. He is a shot jacker, but he can score. They do not have a reliable scorer other than Rose and they need him for his scoring. Replace the mental midget with Lebron and they win over 68 games that year. Hell, replace Rose with any other good scorer and they win over 66 games.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2011.html
    I'd like to see Rose on a team like the Bucks. He's be nothing more than a rich man's version of Brandon Jennings. The fact is Lebron had the best stats in the NBA on a 58 win team and as Gravitron pointed out, DH was a better MVP candidate than Srubrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Enlighten me.
    No need to. Just replace him with a good scorer. Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc. in place of Rose on the 2011 Bulls team would've led them to over 66 wins. Lebron or Wade or Kobe would've won the Bulls their first ring since MJ.

No need to. Just replace him with a good scorer. Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc. in place of Rose on the 2011 Bulls team would've led them to over 66 wins. Lebron or Wade or Kobe would've won the Bulls their first ring since MJ.
    You just completely ignored his question and started deflecting to some irrelevant hypothetical fantasy territory.

"Care to explain how all his destructive misses makes the team win at an all time great rate but without them they become the Atlanta Hawks?"

How old are you? Your debating skills, use of logic and critical thinking to form objective conclusions based on actual facts/evidence is non existent.

College superstar

I thought this was 2013? Are you guys really THAT bored? Wow.

You just completely ignored his question and started deflecting to some irrelevant hypothetical fantasy territory.

"Care to explain how all his destructive misses makes the team win at an all time great rate but without them they become the Atlanta Hawks?"

How old are you? Your debating skills, use of logic and critical thinking to form objective conclusions based on actual facts/evidence is non existent.
    Retard, re-read my post. The only thing the Bulls needed was a decent scorer. And hence,..

Since you might be a little slow, let me explain in detail. The Bulls were tremendous defensively in 2011. The only thing they needed was a scorer, who could score at an average clip. That's exactly what Rose did. He was a scored and he did it at an average clip (25 on 44%). The Bulls lost because they were missing the 25PPG that Rose delivered. Is that so hard to figure out? It's not like they traded Rose. He was hurt and no one replaced him. They didn't have anyone who could step up enough offensively. And hence, replace Rose with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, etc (a good scorer). they would do better. I don't expect a Chuckbrick fan to understand this though.

Retard, re-read my post. The only thing the Bulls needed was a decent scorer. And hence,..

Since you might be a little slow, let me explain in detail. The Bulls were tremendous defensively in 2011. The only thing they needed was a scorer, who could score at an average clip. That's exactly what Rose did. He was a scored and he did it at an average clip (25 on 44%). The Bulls lost because they were missing the 25PPG that Rose delivered. Is that so hard to figure out? It's not like they traded Rose. He was hurt and no one replaced him. They didn't have anyone who could step up enough offensively. And hence, replace Rose with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, etc (a good scorer). they would do better. I don't expect a Chuckbrick fan to understand this though.
    You seem like a very mature and level headed boy, I am sure you have many friends in real life that discuss lot of interesting topics with you.

Carry on.

You seem like a very mature and level headed boy, I am sure you have many friends in real life that discuss lot of interesting topics with you.

Carry on.
    Yes I do and yes we do. Have a good day.

It's not a travesty, enough already. It's been beaten to death and he was a top candidate that year to grab it.

I certainly didn't lose any sleep over it when he won it.

To be honest, there have been many MVPs who were probably questionable, and many that went to players who would not be considered the best player in the game, too.

Totally gets it.

Kobe in '08 and Nash in '06 were worse