Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Magic and Skip say Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 one v one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    So if i were to hit a three in your face and said something like that's how I'm gonna bust your ass all game, then I just punked you?

What if you score on the next possession and talk shit? Did you punk me back or does that negate me punking you? Or did we not punk each other at all?

The only punking I know is if i hit you with a hard foul and you get mad about, but you bitch up and don't tell me anything about it and or don't retaliate. Then I'd say I punked you.
    We just have different views on the word punked, you obviously link it to a violent act while I link it to someone making you look foolish in a basketball game.

If my oppossing player keeps saying he's gonna score on me no matter what I do and he baxks it up and I can't stop him and he goes on to drain the game winner in my face, I could pretty much expect my teammates to tell me he punked me in that game.

It's just street lingo man, get over it. You're probably a white boy legend beating other surburban kids, I played against some good Chicago street ballers in my time, and got punked from time to time

I disagree with Magic...i think 9-10

Jordan was the better one on one player straight up I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    100% is quite laughable but MJ would win 8 probably. You guys don't understand that when Jordan refuses to lose, he will not lose.
    So going by this stupid logic, Jordan should be a 14x MVP and 14x Champion, unless he lost on purpose.

a 6'9 270 pound guy whos been automatic from 3 and been a beast down low wouldn't beat a 6'6 215 pound guy in a game 1v1 if they played 10 times? You people are so dumb.

jordan would probably beat lebron 7-6 out of 10. jordan has too many moves for lebron to handle.

LeBron would win about 6 of 10.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    So going by this stupid logic, Jordan should be a 14x MVP and 14x Champion, unless he lost on purpose.

a 6'9 270 pound guy whos been automatic from 3 and been a beast down low wouldn't beat a 6'6 215 pound guy in a game 1v1 if they played 10 times? You people are so dumb.

his 3pt shot is greatly improved, however he's far from automatic, it's not like he's out there hoisting 3's all game. He's 4th on his own team in 3FGA

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    his 3pt shot is greatly improved, however he's far from automatic, it's not like he's out there hoisting 3's all game. He's 4th on his own team in 3FGA
    Have you watched the past 8-10 Heat games? Almost every 3 he puts up is money. Defenders are scared to jump on it as much because they know he will blow by them for a dunk.

Prime Jordan vs Prime LeBron wins 6 out 10 close games, no way in hell he dominates him in any way shape or form.

National High School Star

Who cares who would beat who in a game of 1-on-1? Ugh, I hate this mentality.

Basketball is not reducible to who can go 1-on-1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 better than another. People should just disband every team then and just throw everyone into the AND1 circuit and play "seasons" in which everyone can go 1-on-1 and then see who comes out on top at the end of it. Since that's all most people seem to care about.

mj would win the majority of the time on fundamentals and iq alone. the man has a million moves in his arsenal and he uses them until he gets an open shot.

lebron is great, no doubt, but there's plenty of others who qualify for mj vs. ______ more than lebron james does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    We just have different views on the word punked, you obviously link it to a violent act while I link it to someone making you look foolish in a basketball game.

If my oppossing player keeps saying he's gonna score on me no matter what I do and he baxks it up and I can't stop him and he goes on to drain the game winner in my face, I could pretty much expect my teammates to tell me he punked me in that game.

It's just street lingo man, get over it. You're probably a white boy legend beating other surburban kids, I played against some good Chicago street ballers in my time, and got punked from time to time
    Don't know how or why you would think I'm white, but I'm a 30 year old black man. I guess it's a lingo thing like you say. If i out due my opponent while talking cash shit then all I've done was beat him. Punking is taking somebody's manhood. It's like calling another man the word bitch. I've seen dudes get mopped up without hesitation just for calling somebody that. If a man call you a bitch while we're hooping and you don't check him then he punked you. I dunno. I might be too old or something.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Theres a great article on ESPN on Jordan and his 50th birthday

quotes

The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...-left-building

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

a). They will never play each other 1 on 1 both in there primes
    b). 1 on 1 is completely different to 5 on 5 and 5 on 5 is what actually matters.
    c). No one actually knows who would win

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Lebron would post up Jordan all day and overpower him.
    Yeah because Lebron's post game is so deadly

With that said, there is no way Jordan beats Lebron 10 out of 10 times.