Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Magic and Skip say Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 one v one

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    No shit, Sherlock. The best player on a team usually gets the most attention defensively from the opposing team.
    Did you listen to Mark Cuban break down the defense they ran against him? I would imagine the shots that Jason Terry got were a hell of a lot easier to get off than the shots Lebron took.

These debates are pointless but I do think that Jordan would beat Lebrn 8 out of 10 games. If they played 1 v 1, Jordan would get those 8 wins. We can't kid ourselvs. Those of us that have see Jordan play know what he was capable of doing. And how he would use any defeat, slight, or negative comment to motivate himself. Once Lebron won a game, it would have been all out warfare on that court. You guys forget, Jordan kept a dunklist while in college, of players that he just had o dunk on....just for fun. And that killer instinct that Jordan had. Jordan in his prime would get 8 out of 10 wins against Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    These debates are pointless but I do think that Jordan would beat Lebrn 8 out of 10 games. If they played 1 v 1, Jordan would get those 8 wins. We can't kid ourselvs. Those of us that have see Jordan play know what he was capable of doing. And how he would use any defeat, slight, or negative comment to motivate himself. Once Lebron won a game, it would have been all out warfare on that court. You guys forget, Jordan kept a dunklist while in college, of players that he just had o dunk on....just for fun. And that killer instinct that Jordan had. Jordan in his prime would get 8 out of 10 wins against Lebron.
    Oh, you watched Jordan play 1on1?

Far worse players than LeBron could get at least 1 out of 10 against Jordan... In 1 on 1s, inferior players can easily win if they get into a zone with their jumpshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    In all my years of playing basketball I've NEVER heard the term of punking somebody as hitting a shot in their face and talking shit. I've NEVER heard ANYBODY say that's punking somebody. We don't do that shit in the south.
    i'm sorry, but comparing your little 5 on 5's to professional ball is pretty comical. i imagine the phrase "punking somebody" would have a very different meaning during your little ghetto assss 5 on 5's.

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

Only player that could beat MJ consistently is Kobe. MJ will still win the series though.
    AI would give MJ a scare but it'd only last 3-5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    i'm sorry, but comparing your little 5 on 5's to professional ball is pretty comical. i imagine the phrase "punking somebody" would have a very different meaning during your little ghetto assss 5 on 5's.
    Middle school, high school and some city leagues and I've NEVER heard anybody say punking somebody while playing basketball consists of hitting a shot and talking some trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolokia
    Only player that could beat MJ consistently is Kobe. MJ will still win the series though.
    AI would give MJ a scare but it'd only last 3-5 points.
    So much fail in this post

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LOL this f.aggot is so pissed LeBron>>>>>Kobe
    You're obsessed with me almost as much as your obsessed with a guy who if you met in real life wouldn't even acknowledge your existence
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 02-15-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Middle school, high school and some city leagues and I've NEVER heard anybody say punking somebody while playing basketball consists of hitting a shot and talking some trash.
    it's because you're a hood rat.

I guess we just take our hoops more seriously in Chicago...

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    it's because you're a hood rat.
    Shit I would think the hood is where the trash talk comes from. That's why I find it crazy that I've never heard the term being used by scoring and talking trash. That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

I would pick MJ to win 1on1 vs Bron every time if I were a betting man.

I'd also pick prime Kobe over prime LeBron 1 on 1 and it's not even close.

That being said... I'd still take LeBron over both of those guys when starting a team from scratch. LeBron's play style is more conducive to winning than Jordan and Bryant.

Basically, LeBron can elevate everyone around him. Those guys can't.

LeBron is the best team basketball player that ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I guess we just take our hoops more seriously in Chicago...
    So if i were to hit a three in your face and said something like that's how I'm gonna bust your ass all game, then I just punked you?

What if you score on the next possession and talk shit? Did you punk me back or does that negate me punking you? Or did we not punk each other at all?

The only punking I know is if i hit you with a hard foul and you get mad about, but you bitch up and don't tell me anything about it and or don't retaliate. Then I'd say I punked you.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

So if i were to hit a three in your face and said something like that's how I'm gonna bust your ass all game, then I just punked you?

What if you score on the next possession and talk shit? Did you punk me back or does that negate me punking you? Or did we not punk each other at all?

The only punking I know is if i hit you with a hard foul and you get mad about, but you bitch up and don't tell me anything about it and or don't retaliate. Then I'd say I punked you.

No. If you were to tell somebody prior to the game that you were gonna "bust their ass all game" and then you outscored them in the game & hit a 3 in their eye to seal the game..

then you've punked them.

Kinda like if JT would have been talking smack all game and then would have done this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY6cqd8al0

oh wait..