Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Magic and Skip say Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 one v one

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Well, he did hurt his ankle during the Pacers series that slowed him down. Didn't LBJ complain about his elbow during the Celtics series he lost? If LBJ can use that as an excuse, I see no reason why Rose shouldn't also (he hasn't).

I will absolutly say growing pains, we all here cut LBJ some slack for his performance against the Spurs in 07, he was a young guy first time that deep in the playoffs vs a veteran team. Or would you perfer us to say LBJ has laid in egg twice in the Finals and come up big once?

Most people here cut LBJ some slack for 07, (youth, inexperience, overmatched) even though he stunk.
    None of this is relevant. I said Lebron can guard 1-4's well and some guy goes and says he can't and says Lebron never shut down Rose "he only guarded him a few possessions" So I simply told him he held Rose to 1-15 shooting

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Dwight, who wasn;t guarding Lebron 1 on 1. Rashard Lewis? Hedo? Nelson?

Rashard Lewis is such a nightmare defender!!!

Also, their team defense was only good, because of the rim protection. Lebron didn't have resistance leading up the rim, only at the rim. In which he got a shit ton of foul calls.

I remember Dwight being in foul trouble early as hell in those games.

So wait wait wait, are you saying they lost that series because of Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    So "punking" him is trash talking and hitting a shot? A scorer scores and talks some trash and that's punking him? What was Lebron supposed to do? Punch him or something? As far as him hitting a shot, I don't know if you never seen it before, but players hit shots all the time.
    on the basketball court, sure, why not? this isn't ufc we're talking about tough guy.

So "punking" him is trash talking and hitting a shot? A scorer scores and talks some trash and that's punking him? What was Lebron supposed to do? Punch him or something? As far as him hitting a shot, I don't know if you never seen it before, but players hit shots all the time.
    Jason Terry outscored him in the Finals...in no universe should Terry out score the best player in the league. Would Terry out score Jordan in a Finals series.

Thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    on the basketball court, sure, why not? this isn't ufc we're talking about tough guy.
    So you can punk somebody by hitting a shot and talking some trash? You do know that happens all game every game right? It's part of basketball. That ain't punking him IMO. I could see if he hit him with a cheap shot and they had words and he backed down then yeah he punked him. Hitting a shot and talking trash. That's basketball.

Jason Terry outscored him in the Finals...in no universe should Terry out score the best player in the league. Would Terry out score Jordan in a Finals series.

Thought so...
    Jason Terry comes in to shoot. Was Jason Terry sent in to run the offense and all that? Was he the defensive anchor for Dallas? Did the Heat owners and players come out and say their main objective on defense was to stop Jason Terry bro? Come on man. You have Scottie Pippen as your avatar bro. Act like you know basketball please bro. Don't rep Scottie like that. Act like you have a basketball mind man please.

Jason Terry comes in to shoot. Was Jason Terry sent in to run the offense and all that? Was he the defensive anchor for Dallas? Did the Heat owners and players come out and say their main objective on defense was to stop Jason Terry bro? Come on man. You have Scottie Pippen as your avatar bro. Act like you know basketball please bro. Don't rep Scottie like that. Act like you have a basketball mind man please.
    Dude, LBJ is the Heat's best offensive player and their biggest mismatch on offense, HE SHOULD NOT GET OUTSCORED BY A SUB NO MATTER HOW MUCH THAT SUB JACKS UP SHOTS!!!!

You're the only one who seems baffled by this concept.
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-15-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Lebron could beat him... but Jordan would have the mental advantage and that's a lot of the battle especially in one on one.

So you can punk somebody by hitting a shot and talking some trash? You do know that happens all game every game right? It's part of basketball. That ain't punking him IMO. I could see if he hit him with a cheap shot and they had words and he backed down then yeah he punked him. Hitting a shot and talking trash. That's basketball.
    again, this isn't the ufc. i agree, it is basketball, but if you were going to use the term punk in a basketball game....it would be talking trash then hitting big shots in their face.

again, this isn't the ufc. i agree, it is basketball, but if you were going to use the term punk in a basketball game....it would be talking trash then hitting big shots in their face.
    ^^^this man gets it...da fuq is that guy talking about punching someone in hoops and calling it "punking someone", it's hoops fer fuqs sake

In all my years of playing basketball I've NEVER heard the term of punking somebody as hitting a shot in their face and talking shit. I've NEVER heard ANYBODY say that's punking somebody. We don't do that shit in the south.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Ummm....he gaurded Pau Gasol for like 3 possessions. The ability to guard a player for a few possesions don't necessarily mean you can guard that position.

Tell me when he consistently guards the opposing team's big men. HE HASN'T.

That's the biggest myth that BSPN has put out there.

Yes, technically he can guard all 5 positions, but that doesn't mean he's effective at it.

Magic Johnson played center for a game in the Finals. Does that make him one of the great centers of all time?

Floyd Mayweather can fight the Klitschko brothers, does it mean he'll be effective?

Edit: Rodman and Pippen are MUCH better defenders than Lebron.

He played center for two games for Cleveland. One was on Tyson chandler and he did fine. Chandlers no beast in the post, but no average sf would be as to guard him for a whole game.

Also, Lebron plays the 4 a lot for Miami.

Also, there are things called rotations, fast breaks, and pick and rolls where players end up on people who they aren't normally guarding. Lebron can switch out onto anyone on the floor 95% of the time and its not a mismatch. Because he can guard Westbrook, D rose, Paul pierce, serve ibaka, or Tyson chandler.

Dude, LBJ is the Heat's best offensive player and their biggest mismatch on offense, HE SHOULD NOT GET OUTSCORED BY A SUB NO MATTER HOW MUCH THAT SUB JACKS UP SHOTS!!!!

You're the only one who seems baffled by this concept.

The whole team was geard towards stopping Lebron James. Not the Miami Heat. LEBRON JAMES. You should check out the game footage and listen to Mark Cuban explaint the defensive scheme they ran on Lebron. It was a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    If he played Lebron Right now LEbron would Dismantle him if not for the fact Lebron is too nice of a guy and would not do that to one of his biggest Idols. I bet Lebron is Secretly hurt by Jordan's recent statements but it also should fuel him to keep being Great and keep on winning.
    Obviously, Lebron is unbelievable and Jordan is 49, but the point is that it shows how strong of a one on one player Jordan is that he still beats current NBA players who are in the best shape of their lives, so the point of my comment was, "Imagine prime Jordan then." Jordan would be shit if came back to the NBA at the age of 50 probably even compared to the current players he's beating one on one, but one on one is a completely different game is the point, so you just can't judge it by the physical look of the players.
    Last edited by jstern; 02-15-2013 at 05:09 PM.

The whole team was geard towards stopping Lebron James. Not the Miami Heat. LEBRON JAMES. You should check out the game footage and listen to Mark Cuban explaint the defensive scheme they ran on Lebron. It was a thing of beauty.
    No shit, Sherlock. The best player on a team usually gets the most attention defensively from the opposing team.