Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Magic and Skip say Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 one v one

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Kobe says that he and Jordan are the best one on one player of all time, and that Lebron is a more of a Magic Johnson type of player and has no chance against him one on one. They're looking at it in the one on one concept.

Kobe Still thinks he Could beat Lebron Now one v 1 or at least tells Media I think Lebron would beat if not Destroy Kobe one v 1..Since Kobe is the Closest thing to Jordan Tells me Lebron would at least hang in there with Jordan.

MJ would win 8 or 9 times out of 10. Like above poster said, MJ refuses to lose. He would get physical with Bron and wouldn't allow him to just back him down in the paint.

Offensively, with a whole court to himself MJ's first step, quickness, and handles would be tough for Lebron to handle. MJ would get up a lot of midrange shots.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

MJ would probably win like 7 times out of 10.

But that obviously has nothing to do with 5 on 5 basketball, where passing, help defense, defensive versatility, and rebounding (there's obviously rebounding in one on one but it's different) come into play.

And passing, help defense, defensive versatility, and rebounding are three areas where Lebron wins over MJ.

Banned

If a 34 year old Kobe Bryant can still put up a fight against Lebron and Wade, what in the blue hell makes you think a PRIME Jordan couldn't beat Lebron 1 on 1???

Jordan would humiliate Lebron in a fashion even I wouldn't approve

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Unless you played with some Jordan-friendly rules that state no backing down allowed LeBron wins EVERY game. He's 6'9" 250-260lbs. Jordan at his biggest was 6'6" 220lbs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

But that obviously has nothing to do with 5 on 5 basketball, where passing, help defense, defensive versatility, and rebounding (there's obviously rebounding in one on one but it's different) come into play.

And passing, help defense, defensive versatility, and rebounding are three areas where Lebron wins over MJ.
    Lebron doesn't have better defensive versatility. In MJ's DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD year, he was playing passing lanes, best perimiter man to man defense in the history of the NBA, and could come from the weak side and block the shit outta the ball.

Tell me exactly what Lebron does better than Jordan on the defensive end? He's too big, and doesn't have the foot coordination of a Jordan to be as elite as him, on a 1 on 1 defensive basis.

When Jordan was called upon to assume Lebron's position, ball dominant distributor, he posted up better numbers than Lebron could ever dream of. When Lebron tried to play off ball like MJ, oh wait, he tried that, and it failed miserably. LBJ HAS TO BE BALL DOMINANT in order to be successful. He has no clue what he's doing off the ball, besides an alley oop, here and there.

You just fail.
    Last edited by tikay0; 02-15-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I don't remember Jason Terry "punking" Lebron James in the Finals. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "punking" him? I remember the kid dunking on Lebron. I don't really care how bad the dunk was. It happens when you play with athletes. I still don't understand why they made such a big deal about it. I don't know what you meant by "thought so".
    Google Jason Terry trash talk LeBron James and refresh your memory by watching the YouTube video of Terry knocking down a dagger three in James face...

MJ should swallow his pride and take on the king 1on1 this all-star weekend. maybe best out of 3? if mj could take at least one @50, i'm pretty sure that this convo would be squashed.

Anytime someone agrees with Skip Bayless about anything, they lose all credibility. I don't care if Skip Bayless brought up the wiki page proving that grass is green, he is still wrong that is how wrong Skip Bayless always is.

Besides MJ already said LeBron is better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

James is a better help defender than Jordan?

Rebounding is down more to position. Per position, Lebron is not a better rebounder than Michael is.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I don't remember Jason Terry "punking" Lebron James in the Finals. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "punking" him? I remember the kid dunking on Lebron. I don't really care how bad the dunk was. It happens when you play with athletes. I still don't understand why they made such a big deal about it. I don't know what you meant by "thought so".

maybe this is what he was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY6cqd8al0

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuheUeZ7BYQ

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Lebron doesn't have better defensive versatility. In MJ's DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD year, he was playing passing lanes, best perimiter man to man defense in the history of the NBA, and could come from the weak side and block the shit outta the ball.

Tell me exactly what Lebron does better than Jordan on the defensive end? He's too big, and doesn't have the foot coordination of a Jordan to be as elite as him, on a 1 on 1 defensive basis.

When Jordan was called upon to assume Lebron's position, ball dominant distributor, he posted up better numbers than Lebron could ever dream of. When Lebron tried to play off ball like MJ, oh wait, he tried that, and it failed miserably. LBJ HAS TO BE BALL DOMINANT in order to be successful. He has no clue what he's doing off the ball, besides an alley oop, here and there.

You just fail.

Your a Jordan/ Bulls homer so your just a tad biased. The fact that people even compare or talk Lebron in same sentence as Jordan shows how Elite Lebron is and his career is probably half over. Lets revisit this topic 5 years from now I bet a lot of people who didn't give Lebron chance will say something different if Lebron wins a few more championships and MVPs

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Your a Jordan/ Bulls homer so your just a tad biased. The fact that people even compare or talk Lebron in same sentence as Jordan shows how Elite Lebron is and his career is probably half over. Lets revisit this topic 5 years from now I bet a lot of people who didn't give Lebron chance will say something different if Lebron wins a few more championships and MVPs

You're a poster who created his account & named it after Lebron, and who's avatar is a picture of Lebron..

uhh you may be just a tad biased

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    You're a poster who created his account & named it after Lebron, and who's avatar is a picture of Lebron..

uhh you may be just a tad biased
    Pot calling kettle....you the know the rest.