Default Official October Lakers Thread

What a game that was vs the Rockets! I liked what I saw there! 30 wins looking realistic, eh?? =]

Jordan Clarkson went berserk out there in the 2nd half!! I was excited as hell to see him rolling out there.

We need a lot of work on defense, closing down the lanes and defensive rotations, blocking out and making fewer boneheaded mistakes. I liked what I saw though overall! Especially on the offensive end. Mozgov surprised me tbh - I was hard on Lakers signing him, but you know what? I was wrong after watching him tonight. Deng was good signing as well for veteran presence. He can still play and make an impact out there.

Luke is a decent coach as far as lineup rotations were concerned. No issues there. I like what he has done with this team. Even Nick Young playing hard on defense! Just WTF!

Default Re: Official October Lakers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What a game that was vs the Rockets! I liked what I saw there! 30 wins looking realistic, eh?? =]

Jordan Clarkson went berserk out there in the 2nd half!! I was excited as hell to see him rolling out there.

We need a lot of work on defense, closing down the lanes and defensive rotations, blocking out and making fewer boneheaded mistakes. I liked what I saw though overall! Especially on the offensive end. Mozgov surprised me tbh - I was hard on Lakers signing him, but you know what? I was wrong after watching him tonight. Deng was good signing as well for veteran presence. He can still play and make an impact out there.

Luke is a decent coach as far as lineup rotations were concerned. No issues there. I like what he has done with this team. Even Nick Young playing hard on defense! Just WTF!
    Where the heck is everybody? Are they Kobe fans or actual Lakers fans?

I've seen Mozgov do this kind of stuff in Denver but what most were just worried about the 4 years commitment to pay him bec it's just a matter of time before he declines, same as Deng.
    Offensive flow was great, everybody touching the ball etc but you are right, they need to tighten that defense more.

@
    [COLOR="Indigo"]Los Angeles Lakers (1-0) [/COLOR] @ [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Utah Jazz (0-1)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]WHEN: Friday October 28th, 2017 at 6:00 PM PST
    WHERE: Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vegas Lines: Utah -8.5. O/U: 201[/COLOR]

Qs Quote:
    [COLOR=grey]"The Lakers high octane offense was just better than the Rockets high octane offense. This game, however, will involve defense as Utah actually plays both sides of the ball. Interested to see if Luke Walton can keep the Lakers rolling during their first road trip, in a tough environment. On the flip side, Utah may get Favors back and that is a huge addition for a team with aspirations of sneaking into the Top 4. Quin Snyder made some questionable substitutions during Utah's debut game, and it'll be interesting to see if that continues." [/COLOR]

Q's Prediction:
    [COLOR="Green"]Lakers Win 103-98[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Prediction Record (Clipper Record): 2-0 (1-0)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Q's Quick Preview (Click Me)[/COLOR]

Last edited by qrich; 10-28-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Home of the 16

I was busy tweeting, texting my sailor friend about the game/score/etc & watching the game. That ****ed out my first game experience. lol

@
    [COLOR="Indigo"]Los Angeles Lakers (1-2) [/COLOR] @ [COLOR="Blue"]Indiana Pacers (1-2)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]WHEN: Monday, November 1st at 43:00 PM Pacific
    WHERE: Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indiana
    MEDIA: Fox Sports Indiana & Time Warner Sports Network
    Vegas Lines: Indiana -9, O/U: 214.5[/COLOR]

Qs Quote:
    [COLOR=Grey]"Many expected the Pacers to continue on an incline and possibly challenge for a top three seed in the East. However, early play has been greatly disappointing. Injuries to Stuckey and Brooks have hurt, but the bench has greatly stepped up. For the Lakers, however, they started out with a nice win over Houston but have plummeted since." [/COLOR]

Q's Prediction:
    [COLOR="Green"]Pacers Win 108-91[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Prediction Record: 6-1 (3-0)[/COLOR]

Well, october is over. Want me to do a thread for each month as it comes??

Home of the 16

Do you mind if I rename the thread? But it's up to you.

LAL @ IND: Lakers struggling offensively, atm. 2Q.

I will create a November thread tomorrow when I am at my pc. Feel free to unsticky this until then.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Where the heck is everybody? Are they Kobe fans or actual Lakers fans?

I've seen Mozgov do this kind of stuff in Denver but what most were just worried about the 4 years commitment to pay him bec it's just a matter of time before he declines, same as Deng.
    Offensive flow was great, everybody touching the ball etc but you are right, they need to tighten that defense more.
    cant get in the mood since i dont get the lakers station.

Home of the 16

You guys still alive?