Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Replace CP3 with prime Kidd on this Clippers team

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I'm comparing him to a first ballot hall of famer and one of the greatest PG's ever. How is that insulting to CP3?

People are so defensive about Chris Paul. They flip out if you don't think he's the clear cut best PG.
    No, idiots on here consistently underrate him. Why? Because Blake Griffin sucks in the playoffs?

Paul now is better than PEAK 1st ballot Jason Kidd. And the best versions of Paul were pre knee injury circa 2008, and 2009. I say he's better, and I have no agenda. I LIKED Jason Kidd. He's one of the five best PGs I've ever seen.

I just heard some numb nuts however say Conley Jr., Tony Parker, and Westbrook out played him? Think about that for a second. Westbrook is the only one you could make the claim out performed CP3. And even then it was competitive.

You don't think CP3 could take those Nets squads in 2002, and 2003 deep into the playoffs in an atrocious Eastern Conference? Only to get slaughtered in the Finals by the Lakers, and Spurs?

Didn't you just list Curry above Paul on your Top 10? Hard to take you seriously when it comes to PG knowledge.

I may bash Paul sometimes, but even I respect his talent. 2008 Paul is one of the GOAT PGs, probably only below Magic. Current West is one of the toughest conferences, all 8 teams making the playoffs are legit 50+ win squads that can upset anyone. Holding playoff success against him would work if he underperformed, but he is always their best player. Only thing you can criticize him for in the playoffs is that Game 5 vs OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    In order to boost their favourites, people will create exceptions to their own rules. Kidd is the better point guard, player and leader than CP3 ever will be.

Chris Paul is heavily overrated here. He can still pass the ball but damn looks his cast.

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Prime Jason Kidd - 18.7 ppg/8.9 apg/6.3 rpg/2.2 spg on 41/34/84
    Last year's Chris Paul - 19.1 ppg/10.7 apg/4.3 rpg/2.5 spg on 47/37/85

Clippers will probably be slightly worse in the regular season. Chris Paul last year was a better player than prime Jason Kidd.
    LOL at this guy. Bro, do you even watch basketball or do you just stare at stat sheets in your mother's basement all day?

Stats don't make the player. Give me J Kidd over CP3 every single time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Clippers were the 9th best defense and 1st offense last year.. With kidd I can see those ratings swapping.. making the clippers a Memphis type team but with slightly more offensive talent .

Dj and Blake would get oops all day with kidd.. like Tyson did on the mavs and Kenyon did on the nets