Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One Mizzou.

Default Re: I don't understand the Wilt worship on here.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    ISH has a strange obsession with big men

they literally ranked duncan the 5th best player ever

hes 20/10 during his peak for christ sake

theres like 400 guys who averaged 20 points during their peak
    I mean he was a good defensive player as well and does have 5 rings. He was consistent more than dominant. But he's not top 5 in my opinion. Top Ten for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2ktors
    I mean he was a good defensive player as well and does have 5 rings. He was consistent more than dominant. But he's not top 5 in my opinion. Top Ten for sure though.
    As long as he's ranked above Kobe and Lebron ...

One Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    As long as he's ranked above Kobe and Lebron ...

Putting him over both of them is very reasonable, despite what Kobe Kids and LeTots believe.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I'd say there is an irrational crusade against him, tbh.
    This.

It all basically boils down to one poster though.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2ktors

Hakeem didn't even guard Kareem. It was Sampson. And Kareem couldn't check Hakeem And Pat Riley knew it. That's why he tried to keep every other big but Kareem on Hakeem.

That "myth" was exposed long ago. Even Fatal9 posted complete footage a few years ago from a 40 point game in which KAJ just scored at will against a helpless Hakeem (since removed by Youtube)

and PHILA posted a Los Angeles Times article here...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=14

Worthy after the game: "Kareem always plays better against Olajuwon. It's because of all the comparisons. He's been around 17 years but he still has to show the kids that he's the best."

Hakeem after the game: "He played real tough. I tried to go around him and steal the ball but he slipped around me and went to the basket."

Los Angeles Times:

While [COLOR="DarkRed"]Akeem Olajuwon spent the whole game[/COLOR] trying to steal the ball from Abdul-Jabbar, the Laker center spent the whole game throwing down a breathtaking series of hook shots on his way to a 46-point explosion.

For some reason, Rocket Coach Bill Fitch thinks it is a good idea to let Olajuwon go one-on-one with Abdul-Jabbar. It proved to be the biggest coaching blunder in any Laker game this season.

Abdul-Jabbar made 21 of 30 shots in 37 minutes to reach his high this season. He probably could have scored 50 points (his career high is 55) had he played any longer.

The REALITY was, Hakeem TRIED to defend Kareem in the vast majority of their H2H's in '85 and '86.

HOWEVER, in the '86 WCF's, Fitch had SAMPSON as the primary defender against Kareem (with double-team help from Hakeem BTW), and the resulst were much different.

A 39 year old Kareem, who had averaged 33 ppg on .610 shooting against Hakeem in their five regular season H2H's, was "held" to 27 ppg on a .496 FG% by SAMPSON.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    ISH has a strange obsession with big men

they literally ranked duncan the 5th best player ever

hes 20/10 during his peak for christ sake

theres like 400 guys who averaged 20 points during their peak
    Do you carry that everywhere you go?

It bothers you so bad that Duncan will always be greater than Bryant that you gotta bring it in here.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Chamberlain really was that great my friend. I watched the guy for years, saw him in the parks and the schoolyards, sat bleachers for so many great games.

There's never been anybody able to take over a game like Wilt Chamberlain. Not even Jordan at his height could utterly dominate the entire court like that. The things he did, man, you just had to see it. Even after his physical decline as a Laker, he was amazing.

For me, Wilt, Jabbar, and Jordan are the 3 greats. Those are the guys.
    Everybody else is at some lower level.