Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

D Wade plays reckless as hell. We'll see how long that style of play continues.

ummm, Iggy was the year after folks

I rule the local playground theinfamousmobb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    D Wade plays reckless as hell. We'll see how long that style of play continues.
    They said the same about AI, and AI is smaller and weaker than Wade...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Wade may leave Miami for a currently unknown reason. People can accept that.

LeBron can get his Nike contract doubled per year if he plays in New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago. People says those team's fans are dreaming.

Riiiiiiigggghhht

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

The Heat have Shaq signed through 2010 at 20 mill per
    And gaurantee contract on 'Toine through '09 around 10 mill per
    Hasslem through '10 at 6.5 mill per.

So if they resigne DWade for max (estimate 6 yrs 75 million) 12.5 per

In 07 Wade his first yr under the Max deal. Wade 12.5, Shaq, 20, 'Toine 8.5, JWill 9, Hasslem 6. Thats 56 million. No way that team wins anything.

In 08 when Wade would be 27 at his prime. The Heat would have 48 million for 4 players. Wade 12.5, Shaq 20, Toine 10, Hasslem 6.5.

2 of which Shaq and Toine are goin to be way past there primes. Or Wade could sign for 5 yrs 60 million.

Oh yeah and since he would be a free agent in '07. There will be alot of teams with money to spend.

I rule the local playground

Shaq and Wade are friends. I expect Shaq to convince Wade to stay.
    The Heat really need to trade Walker.

wow AKA, I never thought about it thoroughly, but you make a good point with your post, the Heat are going to have cap issues very soon if they don't sort it out

No one will take on Shaq or Toines contract.

Haslems isn't a bad deal and no way Heat will trade him.

Wade is half way out. This team won't get good enough draft picks to help out.

Shaq's contract will end up being worse contract for his final 2 yrs.

Maybe second to Allan Houstons

Shaq's contract is the result of short-term interest. Miami took the gamble to win the championship NOW and they are in a disadvantaged position (down 0-2) to do so. I dont mind Haslem's contract, but Walker has got to go if they want any chance of resigning Wade and surrounding him with young talent. Maybe Isaih Thomas will be so kind.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

wow AKA, I never thought about it thoroughly, but you make a good point with your post, the Heat are going to have cap issues very soon if they don't sort it out
    Are Lakers fans the only ones who realized that you have to look at the Shaq trade in terms of the long term cap implications for Miami?

Unregistered
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Well Miami didn't make that trade for the long-term, did they jackass? They made the trade, knowing full-well they only have a window of 2-3 years to win a title. The team of Wade/Odom/Butler would essentially be the Washington Wizards.

2-3 years of title contention or year after year after year of first-round exits? I'd take the chance at the title

Unregistered
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You Laker fans have Lamar Odom (decent, but not even worth 1/4 of a Shaq) and Kwame ****n Brown to show for the most dominant player of our lifetime

You Laker fans are still defending that trade?!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

Well Miami didn't make that trade for the long-term, did they jackass? They made the trade, knowing full-well they only have a window of 2-3 years to win a title.
    They took on a long term contract for a short term shot. So this is year 2 of thier 3 year window, correct? I said at the time of the trade that I could see the logic of a ringless team like Miami paying through the nose for a chance to sniff the trophy. But as Miami is now learning, just being in the Finals is still a looonong way from bringing the trophy home. The Heat might make the ECF for three more years, but if you think they're going to get any closer to the chip than they are right now, you're delusional.

Lakers took the short term hit in so-so players for the long term cap flexibility that dumping the contract of a quickly aging Shaq provided. Somebody do the math and tell me how many tens of thousands Shaq made while riding the pine for the second half last night.

Bucks fan

I heard from a reliable source that he wants to return to Milwaukee, where he played his college career.