Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default NBA 2k8 Roster Updates

When the heck does NBA 2k8 update the rosters? The last update was on November 12, and I want some updated rosters. Does anyone know? The system is the 360.

Default Re: NBA 2k8 Roster Updates

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    When the heck does NBA 2k8 update the rosters? The last update was on November 12, and I want some updated rosters. Does anyone know? The system is the 360.
    It's not that diffcult to do it yourself.

Local High School Star

Updating it yourself = a PAIN.

2k's roster updates are GARBAGE anyway. They suck. The only real reason why anyone would ever use them is to play online. The problem is, it costs you about a game to buy the needed materials.

MOST people use the Datel Transfer Kit ($9.99), but you also need a Memory Card (64 MB, usually $39.99, iirc). There are roster sites out there in which you can download their files and be able to flip it over to your 360.

If your willing to commit about $50 to updating Sports Games (it works for every game: Madden, NBA 2k, NBA Live, College Hoops, etc.), I'll PM you the website where you can find roster files.

It's worth it IMHO but if your just a casual gamer or something and don't care about the rosters.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    It's not that diffcult to do it yourself.

Its a pain in the ass to update every team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    It's not that tough actually. I haven't bought 2k8 yet because I really don't have too much time on my hands for video games anymore, but I updated everything in 2k7 and it worked out perfectly to me. I just had a look at all the recent signings/trades etc and did exactly what they did minus trading the picks, and players who aren't in the game. I don't really worry about the scrubs that are on like 70- overall rating because they don't have much of effect on the game. But tweaking the rosters every now and then for recent trades isn't too hard to do yourself. I wouldn't waste my money on it when I could do the same thing in less than 45 minutes.

Banned

Okay thanks, I think I'm just going to resort to updating it myself, I'll just have to create Jamario Moon. I've updated about 100 teams for college hoops 2k8 by myself because I'm not paying to buy some memory card that someone updated the rosters on. Doing it myself will be a breeze for NBA 2k8 compared to college hoops.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
    Updating it yourself = a PAIN.
    why?

Okay thanks, I think I'm just going to resort to updating it myself, I'll just have to create Jamario Moon. I've updated about 100 teams for college hoops 2k8 by myself because I'm not paying to buy some memory card that someone updated the rosters on. Doing it myself will be a breeze for NBA 2k8 compared to college hoops.
    Yeah exactly. Just create the players you want on the game and if there are like minimal role players who don't exactly get any playing time anyway, don't bother. If you're playing games etc and you're not personally doing all the subs etc then they wont get any playing time anyway. same thing with simulating. the simulation only puts in the first 7 or 8 players into the game (sometimes, very rarely though the 9-12 players get on)

Local High School Star

That's cool but I'm just saying the Memory Card allows you to do it for every sports game, just not for 2k.

But if you knew that and are still going for the manual update, by all means, do it.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ThyGreatOne's Avatar

you know in all honesty... i just update the 'rosters' myself as well. i even update the little things such as pads, rubberbands, knee brace, headbands, etc.. i used to do it for both the NBA Live and the NBA 2K games back on the PS2, then i got and did it on the XBOX, and now i got and do it on the 360. doesn't really bother me or take that long. i just do a little a day here and there. like start with a team and work my way down the roster. is pretty easy actually.

Little roster probably, but if your playing online most teams are correct, one team I can say isn't is the Raptors (missing Moon) but other than this issue I have no real problem and its gameplay is waay better than Live's.

Saw a basketball once

nba 2k8 sucks better shift to nba 08
    online games are addicting
    nba 2k8 the players head are not realistic
    nothing to master nothing to accomplish
    ratings are pucked up

Saw a basketball once

There's things going around the web where you can manually update them yourself. It's convenient too and takes a few minutes, but its only for offline play and caps for non incorporated players aren't included.

Here is the link I think - http://2kfreak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1090

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    no its not.....I do it all the time!

its a pain if you dont fallow the game everyday ....

but editing the rating I dont do...thats hard IMO

baseball and football is the hardest to update because there are so many players....

Saw a basketball once

Here are the other ones -

http://2kfreak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119 (rosters up to Nov 15)

http://2kfreak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869 (rosters up to Dec 14)

http://2kfreak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1090 (rosters up to Feb 2)