Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Back in your place Hawk fans.

while there have been a couple of really shitty and whiny Hawks posters lamenting on this board lately, i am still intrigued by this team. They have a pretty cohesive line up, and a coach who runs a very efficient and pretty offense.

The hawks have been dealt a difficult hand these past years with Horford constantly missing time, but a front court of Milsap and Al can definitely be a difficult one to match up against during the playoffs. Teague has continued to improve, you know what youre going to get from Korver (and the defense has been a pleasant surprise, and even Carrol has been a consistent plus for this team.

If they can get lucky in free agency, they have a chance to be a top 4 team in the east, regardless of how many people dont watch their games.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Knicks fans trying to talk

So many resources yet can't accomplish a damn thing
    This. Most underachieving franchise of all time. I'd be ashamed to be a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    while there have been a couple of really shitty and whiny Hawks posters lamenting on this board lately, i am still intrigued by this team. They have a pretty cohesive line up, and a coach who runs a very efficient and pretty offense.

The hawks have been dealt a difficult hand these past years with Horford constantly missing time, but a front court of Milsap and Al can definitely be a difficult one to match up against during the playoffs. Teague has continued to improve, you know what youre going to get from Korver (and the defense has been a pleasant surprise, and even Carrol has been a consistent plus for this team.

If they can get lucky in free agency, they have a chance to be a top 4 team in the east, regardless of how many people dont watch their games.
    No doubt, we were in 3rd in the East before Horford went down and have a decent draft pick + some cap space.

I have a weird feeling about this offseason though, we're rumored to have been shopping Horford, and now I've seen some rumors that we'd be open to trading Teague too. I don't think Millsap is off limits either. Ferry realizes that while we have a decent little team, nobody is vital to our future so any moves that could improve us are on the table.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Which team made the playoffs: Hawks or Knicks?
    Which teams stadium looks half empty during the playoffs?

Pretty sure threads I make are more rational than 75% of threads on here anyways.
    I'd have to disagree. Every thread you make comes off as someone whining because people have an opposing view against Atlanta. And if it's not that, you come of as someone who's trying to be passive aggressive to posters because of their beliefs that's opposing to your beliefs.

You're act just as bad (not the worst) as some of the posters here.

From a basketball standpoint why wouldn't players want to come to Atlanta? One of the best situations they could enter in the league.
    From a basketball standpoint, why wouldn't player want to come to Washington, Toronto, Boston, Miami, LA (both teams) Philadelphia, Phoenix, Chicago, Indiana, etc... What makes Atlanta that much better from teams with history, young talent, and just as much structure ?

Atlanta has a nice core. Doesn't have enough to lure FA's. If you had another superstar (like say, drafting Chris Paul and keeping him ?), then you might be in better ways to negotiate something.

Could you imagine if a player came out and said he'd rather play in one town because he'd get more fame and spotlight? Half they people who spew that crap on here would be bashing him for the same reason they use to why he wouldn't sign to certain teams.
    Actually, players have done that. They do it today. Steve Nash said he wants to play for money in his final season. Rudy Fernandez wanted more minutes and fame, even though Brandon Roy was better than him. List goes on, infact... Joe Johnson got that huge contract and I doubt winning was on his mind over getting $20 million a year. At least Atlanta made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

That's actually perfectly logical. The life of a pro athlete doesn't last very long. Only the great players last long or they have the talent to ride it out.

As for coming to Atlanta ? Maybe someone comes along one day and changes the course of their history (46 years of being a second round exit at best). It's just not likely to happen now if the current crop. You're better off drafting smart first because that's where a true management will be tested in building a team.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 06-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.

OP forgot how embarrassing it was for the Knicks to fail at taking the Hawk's playoff spot despite Horford not playing more than half the season. He just mad that the Hawks have a brighter immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Which team had a completely empty stadium this playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    OP forgot how embarrassing it was for the Knicks to fail at taking the Hawk's playoff spot despite Horford not playing more than half the season. He just mad that the Hawks have a brighter immediate future.
    Hawks lost 14 out of 15 then lost another 6 in a row and still made the playoffs.

If Atlanta improves this coming season and goes deeper in the playoffs, this Knick fan will give props. That doesn't stop OP from being a douchebag.

Half this place bashes the Knicks and then say it's because Knick fans have a "sense of entitlement". Most of you dumbos weren't around when NYC was killing it in the Seventies and Nineties, so shut the fukk up. If someone's gonna bash my team consistently for lack of something better to offer, then damn straight I'm coming right back at them. Real hoop fans who root for my team are well aware of the problems over the last 12 years. Most of this panel aren't hoop fans - they're player fans or lonely little spotty faced boys who are tired of masterbaitng. You come correct; I'll play nice. I've been reading this bullshit for too long to know better.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Atlanta.

No way New York can fill up 1/2 of msg during the playoffs.

Well I know Phillips had a few more fans in it than MSG did during the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Well I know Phillips had a few more fans in it than MSG did during the playoffs
    DAMN!

Banned

Congrats to legends for being the only one with the intelligence to pick up on the central message, not surprised, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Congrats to legends for being the only one with the intelligence to pick up on the central message, not surprised, but still.
    Lol because this thread is the peak of intelligence. Top level stuff. Really sticking it to the Hawks fan. Pure, raw intellect.

Banned

Lol because this thread is the peak of intelligence. Top level stuff. Really sticking it to the Hawks fan. Pure, raw intellect.
    How about your Hawks will be the 2014 champions thread? You moron, this is the exact kind of shit we are talking about, just laughable how many people tried to derail it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=298479