Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    This report says that Philly prefers Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...with-no-1-pick
    Honestly who has any idea what the 76ers will do come draft day , but they need a franchise level player and I really can't see them passing up on Simmons, take the best available talent available and I think they'll trade the assets to make it work. Which means we get Ingram and I'm perfectly happy with that, or if they take Ingram I'll be perfectly happy with that too

I don't think there will be any surprises at this stage (now that I say that haha), I think it's 1 & 2 (Simmons/Ingram) then daylight at this stage who's 3 unless someone really blows the FO away at workouts and interviews.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

I wonder if Simmons will try to not work out well for Philly. Maybe make Ingram look better in the workouts. 1 and 2 seem to be locks. That 2nd pick in the draft can be scary though lol. It hasn't worked out for a lot of teams.

This report says that Philly prefers Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...with-no-1-pick
    Im predicting Colangelo would shop Okafor or Noel to a team like Denver and get the Nugget's pick or for their future first pick.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Im predicting Colangelo would shop Okafor or Noel to a team like Denver and get the Nugget's pick or for their future first pick.
    Denver has two young really good big men. I'm not sure they would want Okafur. They're really happy with the development of Jokic and Nurkic. They have a PG in Mudiay. A really good wing in Gallo. I think they want to move on from Faried. They also seem to be looking for a SG. But I'm sure there's a team out there that would give up a 1st rounder for him. I guess it just depends on how far lower they would be willing to move down than that for him. Probably not much.

NBA All-star

if we get Ingram, the equal opportunity offense Luke Walton will try to implement will not work. It will be interesting to see who else we get afterwards.

Denver has two young really good big men. I'm not sure they would want Okafur. They're really happy with the development of Jokic and Nurkic. They have a PG in Mudiay. A really good wing in Gallo. I think they want to move on from Faried. They also seem to be looking for a SG. But I'm sure there's a team out there that would give up a 1st rounder for him. I guess it just depends on how far lower they would be willing to move down than that for him. Probably not much.
    Im not sure I agree that they are "really good", sure they could develop but
    Nurkic averaging 41.7% 8pts and Jokic ave 7 rebs, .7 blocks are not exactly spectacular.
    Sure, OKafor's defense leaves something to be desired but I truly believe that with the right system, good teammates etc, he can give you 18pts, 9 rebs, something like Brook Lopez and Al Jeff has been providing.
    Jalil has been put in a very bad situation where his bosses were so obsessed with losing that they let on of their fewest bright spots in Ish Smith(12 pts/game) go just like that.
    Maybe not Denver, but it would just not make sense for them to keep all their young centers and PFs.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]NBA Rookie of the Year Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves and Kristaps Porzingis of the New York Knicks have been unanimously selected to the 2015-16 NBA All-Rookie First Team, the NBA announced today. Both players received all 130 First Team votes from a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters in the United States and Canada. Joining Towns and Porzingis on the First Team are the Phoenix Suns

NBA lottery pick

And by the way Russell was a 2nd team selection:

[QUOTE]The NBA All-Rookie Second Team consists of the Miami Heat

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

It's obvious the Lakers are in a great position and I'm hoping we could some how get a nice center. I'm thinking no matter what Ben Simmons will become a laker down the road.

Let's focus on getting Hassan and Ingram and trade Clarkson to make room for DeRozan or Barnes.

NBA lottery pick

I like that idea.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I think we should take Kris Dunn with the number 2 pick. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63GAIjzVH3M

There is a chance my boy Thon Maker will be available in the second round too. So, that's an obvious pick there also.

Quote Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
    It's obvious the Lakers are in a great position and I'm hoping we could some how get a nice center. I'm thinking no matter what Ben Simmons will become a laker down the road.

Let's focus on getting Hassan and Ingram and trade Clarkson to make room for DeRozan or Barnes.
    I definitely think we should try to get Whiteside as a priority.. You don't even need to draw any plays for Whiteside as he is the rebounder/put-back guy like Rodman in the trenches so I like that. Isn't Harrison Barnes a SF?

Otherwise, good idea!

NBA lottery pick

Yup, Barnes is a SF. He's going to get a big deal, and he's just going to end up being a role player where ever he signs. I'm not sure he's worth all the money.

I don't know if I would trade Clarkson for DeRozan.. I don't think I would

They are equal on offense, Clarkson is much cheaper.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Metta World Peace recently suggested we should draft Thon Maker in the second round if he is still available. I suggested that a while ago, and hope he is available at 32 when we pick.

Other than that, I really hope we take the best defensive player with our number 2 pick. Ingram is know for his defense, as is Bender, as is Dunn.

We have a chance to rebuild fast this summer by signing other quality DEFENSIVE players such as Biyombo and Harrison Barnes.