Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: This GIF shows why Lebron lacks the best skillset

I feel that so many Bron haters say that he's not clutch. In the playoffs, he hit 5 buzzer-beaters, 2 more then what MJ did.

I'm not discrediting MJ as if he is not the GOAT or some stuff like that 3ball. Nah. I'm just putting out there that Lebron is clutch and any people that say that Bron isn't clutch is just flat-out lying to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer
    I feel that so many Bron haters say that he's not clutch. In the playoffs, he hit 5 buzzer-beaters, 2 more then what MJ did.

I'm not discrediting MJ as if he is not the GOAT or some stuff like that 3ball. Nah. I'm just putting out there that Lebron is clutch and any people that say that Bron isn't clutch is just flat-out lying to themselves.
    He is now clutch. He didn't used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    He is now clutch. He didn't used to be.
    hi superduper! You can call me Turbo for short.

Cheers!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

[COLOR="navy"]He isn't clutch compared to MJ - even old MJ had much better efficiency in the clutch, on 20% more attempts .. ... ...:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Playoff shots in last 5 minutes, within 5 points, since 2001[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]134-323 for Lebron.. 41.4%[/COLOR]
    108 games.. 3.0 attempts per game

https://www.basketball-reference.com...r_by=date_game

Jordan 1997 Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 20-39.. 51.3% (11 games)
    Jordan 1998 Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 22-50.. 44.0% (14 games)

[COLOR="darkgreen"]42-89 for MJ.. 47.2%[/COLOR]
    25 games.. 3.6 attempts per game

[COLOR="Navy"]Old MJ had much higher clutch efficiency and attempts than Lebron - the goat in tight games[/COLOR]

His game-winner frequency is low compared to MJ - he needed a lot more games

And how many clutch shots in the Finals? (go-ahead shots, game winners or game-tie'ers)?

Zero for Lebron, while MJ is 4-8... So it's a blowout when you consider magnitude of the winner

Most importantly, MJ destroys Lebron in overall clutch stats (stats late in tight games) - the more you start moving out (last 10 seconds, last 24 seconds, last 2 min, etc), MJ starts to take a massive lead in clutch stats... see the post above
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-18-2019 at 11:45 PM.

what does this image show us OP?

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner

what does this image show us OP?

^^^ It shows the dangers of judging by a small sample, and if you increase the sample size a bit (last 24 seconds), MJ's superior clutch becomes more clear:

And if you look at the largest sample size (last 5 min of tight game), MJ's advantage looks nice and clear, even as an old man - its VERY RARE to see this kind of clear separation at the very top of any profession:

[COLOR="Navy"]Playoff shots in [COLOR="DarkGreen"]last 5 minutes[/COLOR], within 5 points, since 2001[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Old MJ had much higher clutch efficiency and attempts than Lebron - the goat in tight games[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    ^^^ It shows the dangers of judging by a small sample, and if you increase the sample size a bit (last 24 seconds), MJ's superior clutch becomes more clear:

And if you look at the largest sample size (last 5 min of tight game), MJ's advantage looks nice and clear, even as an old man - its VERY RARE to see this kind of clear separation at the very top of any profession:

[COLOR="Navy"]Playoff shots in [COLOR="DarkGreen"]last 5 minutes[/COLOR], within 5 points, since 2001[/COLOR]

24 seconds the last 5 seconds of the game is the most critical time. You literally HAVE to make it. No 2nd chances.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    24 seconds the last 5 seconds of the game is the most critical time. You literally HAVE to make it. No 2nd chances.
    Nearly half of MJ's are in the championship; none of Lebron's are

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Learning to shoot layups

Thumbs down Re: This GIF shows why Lebron lacks the best skillset

Disrespectful thread about the real GOAT.

King James has one of the best NBA IQs. A true leader knows which is the best way to win.

In the gif play, The Chosen is smart enough to see a teammate alone under the hoop. It is easier to pass the ball to make a simple basket than try an isolation play from the three point line.

Only a hater can discuss this situation

LeBron is going to be the first player to achieve plus 30.000 points, plus 10.000 rebounds, plus 10.000 assists. Something out of capabilities of other legendary players.
    Last edited by Session; 09-19-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Session
    Disrespectful thread about the real GOAT.

King James has one of the best NBA IQs. A true leader knows which is the best way to win.

In the gif play, The Chosen is smart enough to see a teammate alone under the hoop. It is easier to pass the ball to make a simple basket than try an isolation play from the three point line.

Only a hater can discuss this situation

LeBron is going to be the first player to achieve plus [COLOR="Blue"]30.000 points, plus 10.000 rebounds, plus 10.000 assists[/COLOR]. Something out of capabilities of other legendary players.
    ^^^ Yeah but how many rings?

At some point the career totals argument (and Finals appearances argument) works against you if you aren't winning championships.. 3 rings in 17 years and counting starts to raise flags about how effective his technique was.. the longer he plays without winning chips starts to make my point about his flawed style of ball-dominance/low ball movement, which includes his lack of clutch or skill without a live dribble shown in the OP

OP will poop his pants if LeBron wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    ^^^ Yeah but how many rings?

At some point the career totals argument (and Finals appearances argument) works against you if you aren't winning championships.. 3 rings in 17 years and counting starts to raise flags about how effective his technique was.. the longer he plays without winning chips starts to make my point about his flawed style of ball-dominance/low ball movement, which includes his lack of clutch or skill without a live dribble shown in the OP
    Damn, 3ball resorting to Kobe stan rangz arguments. How the mighty have fallen

well bron did everything the prior 5 mins before that

that + the charge taken away, probably for one possession needed someone else to do something as he lacked the energy for a J

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Damn, 3ball resorting to Kobe stan rangz arguments. How the mighty have fallen
    Huh?

I used the rangz argument after the OP explained why he doesn't/can't win more - see thread title...