Thread: Dragic

Default Dragic

Now I'm sure most of you won't go back and admit that you were wrong in thinking that giving up Felton, shumpert AND hard away for Dragic would be way too much.

And I understand the entitled view of why trade assets for someone you can get for capspace. But to build a team some gambles will have to be made. Why gamble on Dragic now? Because his cap hold will be half as much as his price as a free agent. So in a way wouldn't his rights be like making 30 mill in capspace into 40?

Have you given up on the "gasol is a lock to come to ny" or what? If Phoenix wants a 1st is ny's 2018 + Hardaway + Larkin and (sadly) Jason smith be a pretty good return for Phoenix? Would gasol consider ny if he saw

Dragic/Calderon
    Carmelo
    Top 5 pick

Default Re: Dragic

Dragic/Calderon/Norman Powell
    Jr smith/cleanthony
    Carmelo/wear/daye
    Bargnani/smith/Larry nance jr
    Gasol/larrySanders/Aldrich

2016 champs

And add wcs, towns, Russell or mudiay

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Phx wants draft picks, they dont want that trio of shit.

dragic is on the declne, we dont need another phoenix castaway for 4 more years max to put over our heads...

get me cousins...that guy + melo = beast mode

Krust Kingz

Personally I dont want Dragic. I dont need a guy 28 years old at the moment to run a system where it isnt PG driven and isnt a leader. He isnt worth the price tag versus what he adds to the team. Whomever the Knicks reach out for should be mature, great character and be a leader.

I wish you would cut out all the extra BS in your post. Less is more with you. The less EXTRA (NONSENSE and BS) and the more getting to your point the less (insert immature names) the more tolerable you will become.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Personally I dont want Dragic. I dont need a guy 28 years old at the moment to run a system where it isnt PG driven and isnt a leader. He isnt worth the price tag versus what he adds to the team. Whomever the Knicks reach out for should be mature, great character and be a leader.

I wish you would cut out all the extra BS in your post. Less is more with you. The less EXTRA (NONSENSE and BS) and the more getting to your point the less (insert immature names) the more tolerable you will become.
    Damn, who is worth it? You did notice this idea was to have a better product to entice gasol w right? Yeah if dragic was your marquee signing then sure, no reason to trade for him.

Let's say it's not even Dragic. The idea of trading for someone w a small cap hold to resign AFTER signing a big fa or 2. IMO that's the way to go unless they are planning to wait till 2016. That was part of the reason I wanted a Brandon knight trade so bad. Then the team still has 30 million in capspace and can sign knight on top of the 30 million worth of players.

Guess I'm just trying to see if trading for a fa to be is the way to basically get 1 more guy in free agency. To stretch the 30 mill into more.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    dragic is on the declne, we dont need another phoenix castaway for 4 more years max to put over our heads...

get me cousins...that guy + melo = beast mode
    Oh cousins? Shoot you are right, it's that easy. I say take cousins and then a time traveled penny hardaway.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Phx wants draft picks, they dont want that trio of shit.
    You think someone gives multiple 1sts? Or pure capspace? I actually think those 3 guys PLUS a New York 1st is a hell of a haul for them. Can/will Houston or LA beat that? Houston can because the pick would come sooner and they could choose to include motiejunas, but will they?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You think someone gives multiple 1sts? Or pure capspace? I actually think those 3 guys PLUS a New York 1st is a hell of a haul for them. Can/will Houston or LA beat that? Houston can because the pick would come sooner and they could choose to include motiejunas, but will they?
    Phx got two 1sts for Dragic from the heat today.

I think it's time to chill.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I'm really not all that pissed we may miss out on Dragic. I like his game but not to the tune of 100 mill over 5 years as rumored. He's not THAT good lol