Lightbulb The main complaints that I see with LeBron is that he

diminished teammates to maintain his stats. Then when he does elevate teammates and overcomes GOAT odds to win the GOAT chip (2016) People say that he played with a 29ppg sidekick. OK. So which is it? Kyrie hasn't done shit before or after LeBron. The thing about 2016 is that LeBron haters can't move the goal posts in either direction. They got fvcked that year and that's why it hurts still to this day.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: The main complaints that I see with LeBron is that he

What made you switch back to this alt?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    I was banned and this is my only account

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He didn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Only shooters excel alongside lebron

Kyrie is a great shooter, so he excelled like Mo Williams did.. but it's an indictment on Lebron's skillset that only shooters excel alongside him.. this lowers the teams ceiling and brand, 3/9..

Ultimately, Lebron lost with Kyrie's 29 ppg in 2017 - MJ would've won with that because the best help he ever lost with was pippen's 19 on 41% in the 95' ECSF (baseball year)... If we include woolridge, it's his 20 on 50% in the 85' 1st Rd (MJ's rookie year)..

outside of MJ's baseball year and rookie year, the best help he lost with was Pippen's 16 on 42% in the 90' ECF (pip migraine) and woolridge's 21 on 40% in the 86' 1st Rd.. So it's clear that MJ didn't lose when he got any decent help at all..

The reason MJ won with so much less was because he leveraged his teammates' points better to put better pressure on the opponents defense and wear them down more - a confused/worn down defense is less likely to get hot offensively and MJ's ball movement style wore down defenses better than Lebron/Kyrie's "my turn your turn" approach.. heck, MJ won many series with Pippen getting 15 on 33-40%, including a couple Finals, while Lebron's "my-turn-your-turn" loses with 29 ppg from Kyrie.. clearly, mj's technique is more effective at leveraging teammates to win the attrition battle vs opponents

Ultimately,.MJ's off-ball skillset yields more powerful teams because ball movement has always gotten better looks for teammates than 1 guy dominating the ball in the half court... accordingly, skillsets that allow ball movement (Curry, MJ, Bird) will yield the best teams given equal casts, coaching smarts, and #1 option statistical output..

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

[QUOTE=warriorfan]He didn

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie
    Green missed the whole series in 2016 and Thompson missed all but one game in 2016? Somehow I missed that.
    Lebron had better help

Kyrie 27 on 48% > Curry's 22.6 on 41%

(or whatever it was)

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Lebron had better help

Kyrie 27 on 48% > Curry's 22.6 on 41%

(or whatever it was)
    What are you responding to? He said Warriors 2016 were as beat up as Cavs 2015. That's ridiculous. Cavs were missing 2nd and 3rd best player for the whole series (Irving play injured game one so not technically the whole series). Warriors four best players played every game except the one game suspension for Green (but then Love was out for a game and change in 2016 because of a concussion so basically Green missing a game evens that out). Their fifth most important player missed the last few games, but he was a net negative that whole series so that's not that big a loss and certainly isn't equal to losing your second and third best player. The poor Warriors had to make due with the two time MVP, DPOY level player, 37 point quarter guy, and a FMVP. Yeah, they were hiring for talent just like the 2015 Cavs.

But if you want to talk about help. Curry's help gave him 77 points per game. LeBron's help only gave him 71 points per game. LeBron had to score 7ppg more than Curry just to even out the disadvantage in production from his supporting cast. Basketball isn't 1v1 or 2v2, it's 5v5 plus bench. Yes Kyrie was spectacular, but even with that LeBron's support wasn't as good as Curry'a support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie
    What are you responding to? He said Warriors 2016 were as beat up as Cavs 2015. That's ridiculous. Cavs were missing 2nd and 3rd best player for the whole series (Irving play injured game one so not technically the whole series). Warriors four best players played every game except the one game suspension for Green (but then Love was out for a game and change in 2016 because of a concussion so basically Green missing a game evens that out). Their fifth most important player missed the last few games, but he was a net negative that whole series so that's not that big a loss and certainly isn't equal to losing your second and third best player. The poor Warriors had to make due with the two time MVP, DPOY level player, 37 point quarter guy, and a FMVP. Yeah, they were hiring for talent just like the 2015 Cavs.

But if you want to talk about help. Curry's help gave him 77 points per game. LeBron's help only gave him 71 points per game. LeBron had to score 7ppg more than Curry just to even out the disadvantage in production from his supporting cast. Basketball isn't 1v1 or 2v2, it's 5v5 plus bench. Yes Kyrie was spectacular, but even with that LeBron's support wasn't as good as Curry'a support.
    Curry's teammates had to pick up the slack for his underperformance... ... if Curry was leading everyone in scoring like he did in the regular season, then Curry's teammates would've produced less than Lebron's

Also, Kyrie's goat performance took attention away from Lebron, which enhanced Lebron's numbers more than it did the remaining teammates.. this isn't surprising because lebron always has the ball, and the threat of rolling Kyrie would give Lebron more space to operate

if Kyrie isn't there or a lesser threat is there, Lebron's efficiency plummets - see the 07' or 15' Finals for how Lebron looks when he doesn't have a goat 2nd option putting up good numbers (cringeworthy, horrific bricklaying... much worse shooting than giannis and the stats show this)

2016 made them dizzy. Haters gonna hate on Lebron. No denying that he is cemented top 5.

LeGOAT

#Strive For Greatness