Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Jordan would NEVER be able to score in this defensively advanced era

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    The funny part is that this is the same clip that is always shown to bash the old school yet they're still trying harder than the guys in the original post.

Look at the help defense from the rest of the Blazers

It's actually a joke that people have the nerve to talk about the past when you see the trash defense that is played in the NBA today.
    i'm pretty sure cousy had an airtight case for sexual abuse on that play. those defenders put hands all over him. red paw prints must've been all over his lower half after the game.

meanwhile, some strategically placed traffic cones would've put up better defense against da beard. at least you can put a traffic cone in the paint.

Default Re: Jordan would NEVER be able to score in this defensively advanced era

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    How is Starks "white"

Also

Terry Porter
    6'3 Payton
    Byron Russell
    Craig Ehlo (yes I know he white)

Wnat me to add more? This isnt looking good for you right now lololol
    LMAO

further proof that superdumbass wasn't even watching back then....

Quote Originally Posted by superduper

LeGOAT!!
    We heed your point, I mean it is a wide open lane, but in all honesty his defender wasn't really nailed to the floor, it was a pretty good move by Harden, he basically gives him the Spider to shake the defender, anyone who can do the Spider for that long has a chance to shake his defender.

Porter was quick and great in his own right.

Payton is just 0.5 inches shorter than Jordan and is one of the greatest perimeter defenders ever.

Bryon Russell is 6'7 and was capable of physically dominating him.

Craig Ehlo was a Klay Thompson level defender and was 6'8.
    Payton is a legitimate 6-4 and a legitimate candidate for GOAT defensive guard.

Ehlo is 6-6. I can't believe people think Ehlo wasn't good just because he got dusted by MJ. He's a top 300 player all-time. Why'd they call him Mr. Everything?
    Last edited by 72-10; 02-18-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    Payton is a legitimate 6-4 and a legitimate candidate for GOAT defensive guard.

Ehlo is 6-6. I can't believe people think Ehlo wasn't good just because he got dusted by MJ. He was an All-Star. He's a top 300 player all-time. Why'd they call him Mr. Everything?
    These kids wouldn't know

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    We heed your point, I mean it is a wide open lane, but in all honesty his defender wasn't really nailed to the floor, it was a pretty good move by Harden, he basically gives him the Spider to shake the defender, anyone who can do the Spider for that long has a chance to shake his defender.
    it's not just the on ball defender, it's the rest of them.. I mean look at the help (lack of), look at Lillard (i think it's him) - he doesn't move or take his hands off his hips the whole posession

it's not just the on ball defender, it's the rest of them.. I mean look at the help (lack of), look at Lillard (i think it's him) - he doesn't move or take his hands off his hips the whole posession
    You're right. I didn't deny that it's garbage team defense - no one even bothers to rotate over to disturb Harden's shot on the basket, no one is in the paint, but he's certainly beating the first line of defense with this type of ballhandling. I meant the perimeter defender isn't at fault, he actually stuck with him pretty well considering Harden's doing something more impressive than a cross here. Payton would probably have trouble guarding that.

Rockets style of play puts everyone to sleep including the defense.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

LeGOAT!!
    this isn't just bad basketball this is blatant and obvious rigging. Lol @ that player who makes an attempt 3 seconds too late just to make it less obvious and in doing so making it even more obvious. You people need to wake up some games are blatantly rigged.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Defense is barely played today, especially out in the perimeter

Harden would be lucky to average 25+ in an earlier era when the lanes were congested, hand checking allowed, and the refs actually knew what was a foul.

Saw a basketball once

GOAT I all say

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

It's already a historical fact that Jordan's rings and stats had the best quality because Jordan is the only guy that never had an equal-scoring teammate to attract equal defensive attention, so his stats were tougher to achieve

He'd definitely get a couple points here or there. A back door cut when his defender isn't looking or maybe a cherry picked layup. I can just imagine Lebron chewing out Ordan for missing a corner 3. Anyways this is just academic because he wouldn't make any roster due to his lack of ability as well as the fact that he'd bring down the team's average testosterone level.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    He'd definitely get a couple points here or there. A back door cut when his defender isn't looking or maybe a cherry picked layup. I can just imagine Lebron chewing out Ordan for missing a corner 3. Anyways this is just academic because he wouldn't make any roster due to his lack of ability as well as the fact that he'd bring down the team's average testosterone level.
    He probably thinks you're a neutered virgin

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    Ummm your dumb yes he could

Hes practically in the league now, look up

21.4 ppg all day baybeeee
    Michael Jordan had the ultimate combination of athleticism and midrange GOAT shooting/fundamentals and you compare him to Derozan you dim ****

And then brings up Mugsy Boges in a later post when we all watched JJ Barea shut down Bron in the post in the Finals. JJ Barea....

I wish you were trolling but this sad reality is that you're actually that stupid