Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Rose: Can't wait to see doubters 'eat their words'

I hope he's healthy for the remainder of his career. It's a shame all this happened at a point in which the Bulls were ready to contend for years to come.

I'll eat my words when he plays better though.

I mean...everyone loves to ignore it, but in the only real playoff run of his career.

He shot less than 40% in the playoffs...and in the ECF...he shot 35% for the series and 43.6% TS overall...and repeatedly choked late in close games.

Outside of a nice regular season...dude hasn't don anything of note.

That is the real reason he has doubters...we just don't know how good he was/is.

And the reason he has haters is because his crazy fans wanted to prop him up and put him on levels he has not come close to earning yet.

He has the potential though...there is no doubt about that. He has absurd potential...or at least he did...I hope it's still there.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    See Rose vs Heat and Westbrook vs Heat.

LeBron switched on Rose and Rose shat his pants. LeBron switched on Westbrook and Westbrook dropped 43 points

Or you know, you could see Westbrook returning from a meniscus tear at a much faster timeframe than Rose did, despite Westbrook having a one to two month setback with a loose stitch and another surgery needed.
    When Rose played Westbrook, Westbrook got switched off of him. Most of the time.

Miami, didn't play Rose one on one, at all. They doubled him at half court half a whole lot. And did a hard shadow on him with two players in the half court set. Westbrook wasn't even the prime concern for Miami.

Don't tell them, show them.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    This.

I hope Rose doesn't turn into a hot head this season. His attitude used to be similar to Tim Duncan. Quiet and collected. Stay that way.

I also wouldn't consider his doubters haters. I doubt his health based on the last few years. How could I not?

I'm certainly not a hater of his. I hope he returns to his MVP self and us Bulls can get back to being a strong team again.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Felt like its been forever. I'm just glad he elected to do a repair rather than taking it completely out, like what wade did. He seriously couldn't come back in a better time this year since this is the best squad we had since rose came into the league.

Excited to watch him practice tomorrow for team usa and last time he participated in FIBA, he ended up winning MVP the following year

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    What are you talking about?

The Heat are the most stacked team of all time. The Heat got the East on lock for at least the next 4 seasons
    This is literally the only thing I've ever seen you post about, about how some people called Bron's Heat the most stacked team ever. Get the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck over it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I hope he's healthy for the remainder of his career. It's a shame all this happened at a point in which the Bulls were ready to contend for years to come.

I'll eat my words when he plays better though.

I mean...everyone loves to ignore it, but in the only real playoff run of his career.

He shot less than 40% in the playoffs...and in the ECF...he shot 35% for the series and 43.6% TS overall...and repeatedly choked late in close games.

Outside of a nice regular season...dude hasn't don anything of note.
    Really???
    1)Care to name other MVP's that did this at his age???
    2)Did you not notice that he won two series on his back??? And consistently hit big shots??? Why are you lying???
    At age 23.
    3)He lead his team to the best record in the league with a new team, new coach, crazy injuries, and over a two dozen starting lineups??? 4)And please contrast that with fate of Dirk, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dwight and Chris Paul when they joined new teams with more talent while much closer to their prime?
    5)All of this and his team dominated the elite the last four months of the season. I don't recall the last team to do that.

6)Did you not notice that his team could not break a Miami trap?
    7)Name me another team that cleared the first round whose team could not break a trap? Much less the hard doubles on Rose? Notice that this is game five, late in the series, and the Bulls aren't close to breaking hard doubles and look at every Rose highlight save only play where Rose doesn't have a hard double or triple teamed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfZCpXyf8yg
    That is the real reason he has doubters...we just don't know how good he was/is.
    I know you won't try to answer the questions put to you because you can't. I numbered them so you won't have an excuse.
    And the reason he has haters is because his crazy fans wanted to prop him up and put him on levels he has not come close to earning yet.
    I had a count where Rose had 14 threads since the playoffs began this year. Equal or more than anybody not named Lebron - he hasn't really played in two years. That's just sick. If you think it was his crazy fans starting them you absolutely have no reading ability.

8)Do you care to embarrass yourself with a ratio of how many hater threads are created versus Rose prop-up threads??? Why would anybody who reads these boards make such an absurd statement.

Are you going to humor us with attempted answers or you going to go the circuitous route?

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    KD and Westbrick say hi.
    Blake knocks both of those frauds out and says what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    When Rose played Westbrook, Westbrook got switched off of him. Most of the time.

Miami, didn't play Rose one on one, at all. They doubled him at half court half a whole lot. And did a hard shadow on him with two players in the half court set. Westbrook wasn't even the prime concern for Miami.
    Stop making up lies. They defended Rose just like they defend every other pgs. They didn't double him at half court. They only trapped the pick and rolls like they always do.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Stop making up lies. They defended Rose just like they defend every other pgs. They didn't double him at half court. They only trapped the pick and rolls like they always do.
    I already provided a video above. Its game five, the last game of the series. And those are hard doubles. And that's just in the highlight reel. Why would they defend other point guards like that? Especially, one that has a superior scorer? Think before you write.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I already provided a video above. Its game five, the last game of the series. And those are hard doubles. And that's just in the highlight reel. Why would they defend other point guards like that? Especially, one that has a superior scorer? Think before you write.
    Don't listen to Livingpussy, he clearly didn't watch rose play during his MVP season. Rose was the only player on the bulls who could actually score, they consistently doubled him or put a larger defender on him which clearly bothered him. Deng was too one dimensional and rose and boozer didnt mesh well. Anyways, repped

Earned not given

Rose is not going to be as explosive his first year back...it'll take a year or two before he's back to 90% of what he used to be.

If he doesn't tear his ACL again.