Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: Field Goal Attempts to TS%

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Just looking at the points on the players I selected. They all seem to have positive trends on shots to TS%.
    Greatness

It's not hard to put up high ppg on low efficiency. Ask kobe, AI, Antoine walker

It's GOAT-like to put up great ppg on greaf efficiency. Ask lebron, mj, steph, etc

id be interested to see where kd's last 3 healthy seasons would be. especially his 50/40/90 and mvp seasons. those were bird/mj level

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Could you do one with playoff career ppg and ts%? I'd be really interested to see that.

Good stuff...cool thread man

NBA lottery pick

That might be harder. I don't have playoff data downloaded, but I will see how hard that is to get. The bigger issue is what to to with people only playing say three games and those that play twenty. On a scatter graph I either omitt them or they get the same weight as player with more meaningful games. If I switch to career you have guys who played more games after or before their primes. This is why I used fga here and not ppg. What I can do with the data I have is to then drill down to just people over say a certain ppg, but that should follow fga, unless ft shooting scews it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    That might be harder. I don't have playoff data downloaded, but I will see how hard that is to get. The bigger issue is what to to with people only playing say three games and those that play twenty. On a scatter graph I either omitt them or they get the same weight as player with more meaningful games. If I switch to career you have guys who played more games after or before their primes. This is why I used fga here and not ppg. What I can do with the data I have is to then drill down to just people over say a certain ppg, but that should follow fga, unless ft shooting scews it.
    I was thinking you could just do career playoff ppg. Not individual seasons. Like maybe take the players that averaged 23 or more their career playoff ppg averages and just show their TS% on a graph....for

I'm not good at building the chart, but I could get that data for you very easily.

I'm bored...I'll try to make one.

Chart below is the top 30 career ppg averages in the playoffs (NBA/ABA)...with TS%

Obviously there are differences in eras and with players who haven't completed their careers...etc, but I thought it would be cool just to have a visualization for some players.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-23-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    curry

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleas
    curry
    His scoring/efficiency will be unprecedented if he plays like he currently is during a long playoff run this year...well, for anyone not named Durant

His career has a lot left to it though...remember...some of those guys are either finished or starting their decline or ending their decline

Curry is on the upswing

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

That doesn't factor in how many games played throughout their careers though. I mean for guys that have played significantly more playoff games and have high TS% on many PPG it is way more impressive. MJ

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    That doesn't factor in how many games played throughout their careers though. I mean for guys that have played significantly more playoff games and have high TS% on many PPG it is way more impressive. MJ
    Right...I said that above.

I literally just did the top 30 ppg averages in NBA/ABA history in the playoffs

I would have done more, but I got bored doing it. Maybe I'll add more later.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

and curry is the player with the less fts

Great work .

I'm surprised on Hakeem. Hakeem has always low ortg and that to be underrated him at win shares . Hakeem's TS % is interesting .

cool thread

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

@ the op trying to isolate Kobe on that chart as if he's some outlier

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Great work .

I'm surprised on Hakeem. Hakeem has always low ortg and that to be underrated him at win shares . Hakeem's TS % is interesting .
    Dream's issue was always passing and over dribbling.