Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Default Re: Isiah Thomas vs Steve Nash - Who was the better player?

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Did you read anything I wrote? Of course not. You're a Suns fan, so you'll boost Nash at any cost. Take it from a neutral party that watched both series. Nash singlehandedly guarded Tony Parker in games 1 and 2. End result, Parker shit on him. He gets backup coverage in games 3, 4, and 5. Parker is contained, but the extra coverage allowed Duncan to have more of an impact than he did in games 1 and 2.

Then he allows Terry to put up 18, 19, and 19 in 3 of 4 Phoenix's losses. You obviously did not watch the games very closely. Nash's efficient offense was overrided by his inability to contain 2 players that aren't exactly elite and versatile offensive players. Hell, his inability to singlehandedly guard Tony Parker cost the Suns games 1 and 2. They only lost by 7 and 3.
    I guess you dont understand that Steve Nash took a BIGGER SHIT. I mean he shit all over them. He was covering them in feces. As my stats will prove, Nash took the bigger shit.

owwwww

lol at some of this bullshit.

omgomgomg...Jason Terry scored 18 points on Steve Nash on 6/15 shooting, and then 19 points on 9/20 shooting and then 14 points on 6/13 shooting (Suns series was his worst of the playoff run)...Nash reason for those losses !! derp derp Isiah >>> Nash herp

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    I guess you dont understand that Steve Nash took a BIGGER SHIT. I mean he shit all over them. He was covering them in feces. As my stats will prove, Nash took the bigger shit.

Nash got shit on more than he shit on others. Anyone that watched the games saw that Nash's lack of D overshadowed any offensive input. These weren't blowout games. These were close games the Suns were losing. Maybe if your boy was capable of guarding Tony f*cking Parker 1 on 1, you would have at least made the Finals.

Nash got shit on more than he shit on others. Anyone that watched the games saw that Nash's lack of D overshadowed any offensive input. These weren't blowout games. These were close games the Suns were losing. Maybe if your boy was capable of guarding Tony f*cking Parker 1 on 1, you would have at least made the Finals.
    http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...le/05/23/338/8

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...le/06/23/337/8

Bahaha he keeps coming back for more....

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...le/05/23/338/8

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...le/06/23/337/8

Bahaha he keeps coming back for more....

The fact you're repeating yourself shows you have nothing else to add. And as real life shows, Nash got shit on by an average PG. Keep coming back for more. You trolls have no logic anyway.

owwwww

This is such revisionist history, which is no surprise from Nash haters. I might actually make a video of those two series.

Should I sit here and go over all the games where Isiah got shitted on and he played no where near as well as Nash has offensively? Do you want me to show you Sam Vincent giving Isiah 27 points in a half? of a playoff game they lost but were favored to win no less? or Doc Rivers outscoring him 34-5 in a playoff game? or footage of Dumars taking guys for Isiah if he's having trouble guarding them? fukk off with your cherry picking and you didn't even cherry pick well...those guys didn't even that great of a playoff series against Nash. You're citing games where Terry is shooting 6/15 as examples for why the Suns lost because of Nash's defense...credibility out the window right there.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 11-15-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Good college starter

Zeke over Nash anytime anyday. He does it at both ends and he has 2 rings to proved it. Nash is the better shooter and playmaker but Isiah bring more intangibles with his defense and toughness. Isiah Thomas is very underrated nowadays because he freezes out Jordan and burned a lot of bridges in his career.

The fact you're repeating yourself shows you have nothing else to add. And as real life shows, Nash got shit on by an average PG. Keep coming back for more. You trolls have no logic anyway.
    The fact that I have stats proving Nash takes HUGE DUMPS on everyone including the players you mentioned and you keep providing nothing but talking about poop is hilarious to me...

Not to mention you stole my come back for more line....

But anyways lets keep talking about how much fecal matter Nash drops. Because when he unloads...HE DROPS LOADS...and you best get out the way or get shit on like Parker and Terry...

This guy....

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    This is such revisionist history, which is no surprise from Nash haters. I might actually make a video of those two series.

Should I sit here and go over all the games where Isiah got shitted on and he played no where near as well as Nash has offensively? Do you want me to show you Sam Vincent giving Isiah 27 points in a half? of a playoff game they lost but were favored to win no less? or footage of Dumars taking guys for Isiah if he's having trouble guarding them? fukk off with your cherry picking and you didn't even cherry pick well...those guys didn't even that great of a playoff series against Nash. You're citing games where Terry is shooting 6/15 as examples for why the Suns lost because of Nash's defense...credibility out the window right there.

I don't hate Nash. I call it as I see it. Isiah won 2 rings and made the Finals 3 times. That's 2 more rings and 3 more Finals appearances than Steve. Isiah didn't have a lack of defense weakness that cost the Pistons games.

My credibility is just fine. There's a reason Isiah won 2 titles as the alpha dog and Steve Nash until this year was the only MVP winner to never make the Finals.

The fact that I have stats proving Nash takes HUGE DUMPS on everyone including the players you mentioned and you keep providing nothing but talking about poop is hilarious to me...

And he got shit on even worse. Your stats mean nothing. I watched the games, unlike you.

But anyways lets keep talking about how much fecal matter Nash drops. Because when he unloads...HE DROPS LOADS...and you best get out the way or get shit on like Parker and Terry...

He drops so much fecal matter he can't even make the Finals. This guy...

Isiah Thomas.

Next question.

Isiah because he played in a system that made him change his style, sacrifice stats and won two titles while Nash played in a system built around his strengths and couldn't even get to the finals. To me this one is amazingly easy and there is no need to look at any stats.

@ DJ,
    Jason Terry's career PPG is 16.2. He has scored more than 18 points per game in 3 seperate seasons (the most reason being 2008-09). Per 36 minutes, he has scored 18 or more points 5 times. His career playoff PPG is 17 PPG, and in 05-06 he averaged 18.9 PPG over 22 playoff games. So, while I agree that Isiah is better than Nash and that Nash is an awful defender, you citing Terry scoring 19 points on Nash doesn't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

Should I sit here and go over all the games where Isiah got shitted on and he played no where near as well as Nash has offensively? Do you want me to show you Sam Vincent giving Isiah 27 points in a half? of a playoff game they lost but were favored to win no less? or Doc Rivers outscoring him 34-5 in a playoff game? or footage of Dumars taking guys for Isiah if he's having trouble guarding them? fukk off with your cherry picking and you didn't even cherry pick well...those guys didn't even that great of a playoff series against Nash. You're citing games where Terry is shooting 6/15 as examples for why the Suns lost because of Nash's defense...credibility out the window right there.

He doesn't have a grasp of basketball knowledge...

He is using the ring excuse as an argument...

He doesn't know that a championship is a team achievement.

Nothing is worse than people that use ring logic....

And D.J. other post of yours have been ok I think that Ive seen on this site but you are going off the deep end man.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    you citing Terry scoring 19 points on Nash doesn't prove anything.

Yes it does. It proves his lack of D, as well as his teammates, cost the Suns games. And if you really want first hand proof, watch the Suns/Spurs series from '05. The extra coverage Phoenix sent to help Nash resulted in Duncan putting up games of 15, 16, and 15 rebounds. Had Nash been able to handle Parker, we might have seen a different outcome.

He doesn't have a grasp of basketball knowledge...

He is using the ring excuse as an argument...

He doesn't know that a championship is a team achievement.

I am easily one of the most knowledgable posters here. You are simply a Nash homer and the fact that you use one statistical argument and use it as holy numbers shows you know nothing. Funny how you accuse me of using the ring excuse while you use stats that only show one end of the court. You my friend, failed miserably.

Nothing is worse than people that use ring logic....

Nothing is worse than people that rely on stats without watching the games.