Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: First two weeks of 2011-12 NBA regular season OFFICIALLY CANCELED

Now we can just pray for at least half a season.

No season is becoming more and more of a possibility.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

shocker

Very good NBA starter

The media is doing their job right now...

Alot of backlash in this forum is more on the players than the owners.

Does anybody know if the teams will receive money from the TV deals for missed games? I read somewhere that, in 1999, their contact called for payments to be made even if games were not played, which gave the owners the upper hand since the players did not receive checks during the lockout.

I'm thinking that the networks learned from that mistake and renewed their contracts accordingly, but I'm not even sure if they've had new contracts since then.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    as a fan who just wants to see ball, its hard to feel bad for either side. **** em both for letting it come to this, but i hate the owners getting the better of the deal when most of them aren't even doing everything they can to try and win a title. most just are in it to turn a profit. they are businessmen who usually dont even care for the sport they own a team for. i also believe owners care about fans far less than players do since players are the product and who fans love and cheer for. its easier for owners to keep this lockout without caving because of this and the longer it goes on the more hate players will get. id like to see the players get a fair deal but rather see pro ball ASAP.
    Thats why they want a hardcap so they can compete. How can you compete if its always the big markets that are winning?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Does anybody know if the teams will receive money from the TV deals for missed games? I read somewhere that, in 1999, their contact called for payments to be made even if games were not played, which gave the owners the upper hand since the players did not receive checks during the lockout.

I'm thinking that the networks learned from that mistake and renewed their contracts accordingly, but I'm not even sure if they've had new contracts since then.
    Yup, the owners still get the TV money, but have to pay it back if there is no season.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

If Seattle can't have the NBA then no one should, especially Bumf#ck OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Now we can just pray for at least half a season.

No season is becoming more and more of a possibility.
    I'm starting to think that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    If Seattle can't have the NBA then no one should, especially Bumf#ck OKC.
    If OKC can field a profitably team while Seattle cannot, I'd say OKC deserves it more.