Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore prodigyjazz's Avatar

Default Re: First two weeks of 2011-12 NBA regular season OFFICIALLY CANCELED

Not a surprise there will be games missed, it still sucks though

Good college starter

Too many egos and too much stubborness from both sides. Specifically from Hunter and Stern.

In light of what happened with the NFL's lockout they couldn't have played this out any worse.

Horrible leadership all the way around.

The players are so ****ing stupid. Dumbass derek fisher trying to act like he's a professional, just make the ****ing deal, your still going to be a ****ing millionaire along with every other player, you ****tards.

Banned

Wow!! What the ****?

Why are they doing this to us?

Serious playground baller Applause's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Wow!! What the ****?

Why are they doing this to us?

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Stern: I'm sorry to report ... that the first 2 wks of the season have been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    I just can't believe they don't realize the harm that cancelling games will do. If they think giving up some money in the CBA is bad, wait until ratings and attendance go way down and there is not enough money anyway.
    Actually the system right now is what makes nba just third in popularity so they are changing the system so they could compete with nfl when it comes to ratings. Even NHL is more financially stable than nba.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default Re: Stern: I'm sorry to report ... that the first 2 wks of the season have been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Actually the system right now is what makes nba just third in popularity so they are changing the system so they could compete with nfl when it comes to ratings. Even NHL is more financially stable than nba.
    nobody will ever compete with the NFL

NBA rookie of the year

Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Applause
    :applaus...

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

These new eras players are learning they dont run sh*t. A large segment of owners HATE these dudes attitude. If you all can't see this is what's fueling the owners fortitude, then I got a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

I hope there's as much boycotting of the NBA as possible over the next few years. Show them that the fans won't just come crawling back when they pull this crap.

Not airballing my layups anymore prodigyjazz's Avatar

this is true, why else does madden sell like hot cakes even though they release the same game every year

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

someone convince me this isn't all on the players

3-time NBA All-Star

yup but when it comes to revenues, i think they can. NFL only plays 16 games to 82 games in the nba yet nfl could generate 1.6 billion to nba's 1.1 billion in a season. If theres a hardcap, more fans will support the smaller markets thus increasing revenue and we wont be having this lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I hope there's as much boycotting of the NBA as possible over the next few years. Show them that the fans won't just come crawling back when they pull this crap.
    Feel the same way.