Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Rare MJ 1 on 1 footage as a Bull

Default Re: Rare MJ 1 on 1 footage as a Bull

Probably 9erempire/kennithgriffin, got owned then spend rest of the life trying to diminish him.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

MJ was no bull, that was pippen

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ivienthol
    Mj was talking wild shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE6N6Etbo8

Chicago Tribune - November 11, 1999

Yes, Michael Jordan, approaching 37, still has game.

A one-on-one session against Corey Benjamin at the Berto Center Wednesday livened up an otherwise brooding Bulls team, losers of all four games this season.

Jordan made his first five shots against Benjamin in an animated game, opening a 10-3 lead. Slightly winded, he settled for an 11-9 victory.

"Playing halfcourt and I'm worn out," Jordan said. "The good thing about it is he's more worn out then I am."

Jordan emphasized he was merely paying a visit to the Bulls, that he has no intention of ending his retirement and cautioned reporters not to "read too much" into his presence at the team's practice facility. He also visited the Bulls' locker room after Saturday's 113-97 loss to the Hawks when he was in Atlanta for a charity golf tournament.

Jordan wore a black sweat suit and talked trash throughout Wednesday's exercise, which was the result of a challenge from Benjamin, a second-year swingman who's on the injured list with a sprained ankle.

"It was probably the best one-on-one game I ever had in my life," Benjamin said. "I was excited to play against him, ready to go at him. I just wanted to see what he can do, and he still has it."

Like Craig Ehlo and Bryon Russell before him, Benjamin learned that Michael usually has things his own way on the court.

"I think he cheated a couple of times," Benjamin said. "There were a lot of flagrant fouls. If it hadn't been for the flagrants, I would have had a couple of more baskets."

Jordan recently said the gnarled index finger on his right hand--the result of an accident with a cigar cutter several months ago--would preclude his playing basketball even if he wanted to.

"It limits me. I can't do much," Jordan reiterated on Wednesday. "I just came out to have a good time. (Benjamin) talked a little trash in Atlanta and I had to come here."

Benjamin acknowledged issuing the challenge. "I've been sending messages probably for the last year and a half," he said. "I really didn't think they would get back to him. They did get back to him and he came at me. I sent messages that I could beat him. He said he was going to play me on Wednesday and he came down here."

Many Bulls players lingered after practice to watch Jordan back in his familiar environs.

"I knew he was coming," General Manager Jerry Krause said. "It's great to see him in the building. I'm glad our kids can watch him and understand what it took and understand some of him. I have no problem with that. He's welcome any time."

Jordan, returning to the Berto Center for the first time since his retirement, said he felt comfortable there, even though he and Krause have a strained relationship.

"I don't have to come around Jerry. I can come around and see some of the players," Jordan said. "I don't have to report to him or any of the Jerrys (including chairman Jerry Reinsdorf). I know this is their facility, this is their team. But I still have friends on this team that I relate well with and I stay in contact with. I come back to support them.

"In essence, I'm supporting the Chicago Bulls. I don't have to ask them if I can come back around. I am entitled to do that without asking."

The Bulls renounced their rights to Jordan because he has been retired for a season. Is there any chance he could return as a free agent?

"None at all," he said. "Today was just break a sweat, see some of the guys, try to help the morale a little bit. No one asked me. Tim (Floyd) asked me if I could stop by sooner or later. I just got back in town and I decided to stop by. No one else has asked. I came by to see Dickey (Simpkins) and some of the other guys. Please, don't take it any further than that.

"I don't sit back and second-guess my decision," Jordan said. "When I made the decision, there was never going to be a second-guess. When I think about basketball, I think about the talent that's playing right now. I may reminisce about some of the players I played with--Toni (Kukoc) and some of the guys. I miss playing the game. But the only uniform I see is a Bulls uniform. I have never seen myself in another uniform."

Including a Lakers uniform, playing for Phil Jackson?

"Phil asked if I was done with basketball," Jordan said. "He didn't try to entice me to come to L.A. He knows that basketball is over for me. He just wanted to hear it, confirm it, right before the season."

Jordan said he would consider working out with the Lakers as he did with the Bulls.

"If I'm in the area, I don't mind stopping by," he said. "But it doesn't mean anything. I play pickup games sometimes in the (Chicago) neighborhoods. You know, South Side, West Side. No one takes anything from that. I never said I was going to stop playing. I still love the game of basketball. It's still fun for me."

Still, as Jordan keeps popping up in NBA arenas--Saturday he was in Atlanta, Monday he was in New York to watch the Knicks play the Bucks--he has to know he's fueling speculation about a comeback.

"Just coincidence," Jordan insisted. "I was in New York, Patrick (Ewing) asked me to come to the game. I was in Atlanta. Lenny (Wilkens) I know very well. Then the Bulls came down. A couple of guys called me last year to come by and I never got the chance to come down. Traffic is not as bad in Atlanta as it is in Chicago. It was easy. Don't take anything out of this."

Corey Benjamin, pretty sure this was after mj retired the 2nd time. So like 99 or 2000

Learning to shoot layups

Thanks for the info I've heard that story a lot of times.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Dude flopped around 1:40

Quote Originally Posted by ivienthol

GOAT stayed GOATin'.

College superstar

im not sure how he would fair against a kobe or lebron, but seeing these scrubs get torched is still entertaining jordan is one of the best 1 on 1 players in history.

Banned

i'm not in game shape anymore either and still school 1 on 1 to this day.

its way easier. no running.. slow paced. my body is still good enough but my lungs are gone completely

anyone can get out of bed. dominate 1 on 1. then take another year off.. its like riding a bike

what leaves people by not playing ball every day is being able to concentrate on shooting rhythm when youre gassed and dizzy

in game shooting is way different.

if it was a full court game jordan woulda been finished after the first quarter

Is that kennithgriffin on the sideline at 1:49 tossing his dildo around?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    im not sure how he would fair against a kobe or lebron, but seeing these scrubs get torched is still entertaining jordan is one of the best 1 on 1 players in history.
    @ "torched"

game was 11-9, it was highly contested affair and MJ barely scratched out a victory

the video is carefully edited to only include MJ's highlights and shots, giving the impression that MJ was greater than he actually is. Quite the emphatic metaphor for his entire manufactured legacy

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i'm not in game shape anymore either and still school 1 on 1 to this day.

its way easier. no running.. slow paced. my body is still good enough but my lungs are gone completely

anyone can get out of bed. dominate 1 on 1. then take another year off.. its like riding a bike

what leaves people by not playing ball every day is being able to concentrate on shooting rhythm when youre gassed and dizzy

in game shooting is way different.

if it was a full court game jordan woulda been finished after the first quarter
    You're white. You wouldn't school shit

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    @ "torched"

game was 11-9, it was highly contested affair and MJ barely scratched out a victory

the video is carefully edited to only include MJ's highlights and shots, giving the impression that MJ was greater than he actually is. Quite the emphatic metaphor for his entire manufactured legacy

This is so true. I'd like to see the 9 points the kid got on him.