Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default How much more addictive will social media and phones get?

Sadly we could be at the beginning of this evolution. That is if our world is still here. Just 15-20 years ago you would be considered a nerd for always going online or looking at your phone too much. But now everyone is glued in.

I know one thing though. Most people don’t make videos of themselves. Not everyone is a YouTuber. Some people will make a small video clip.

So I can’t imagine a social media world where everyone is in the same virtual world, speaking in words. As matter fact, people have lost the ability to do that. So for now, people are stuck to their thumbs. You won’t see a successful Facebook that’s video based. People are losing the skills to talk and would rather use their thumbs to type and hit like.

So what’s the next stage since most people cannot talk? Is it just gonna be pictures but better pics? Perhaps virtual reality vacations?

That’s the thing though. As good as technology is, you don’t see everyone on video speaking because they lost that skill. Even this forum is just text. You don’t see many other than Justin speaking to us vocally.

Default Re: How much more addictive will social media and phones get?

Back in the days trolling used to be social. Instead of being a keyboard warrior you would do prank calls with your friends and laugh in person with all. It used to be creative. Anti social media is making us less social.

I think the next stage is OP, no one wants to go full retard so we're safe

Default How much more addictive will social media and phones get?

Sadly we could be at the beginning of this evolution. That is if our world is still here. Just 15-20 years ago you would be considered a nerd for always going online or looking at your phone too much. But now everyone is glued in.

I know one thing though. Most people don’t make videos of themselves. Not everyone is a YouTuber. Some people will make a small video clip.

So I can’t imagine a social media world where everyone is in the same virtual world, speaking in words. As matter fact, people have lost the ability to do that. So for now, people are stuck to their thumbs. You won’t see a successful Facebook that’s video based. People are losing the skills to talk and would rather use their thumbs to type and hit like.

So what’s the next stage since most people cannot talk? Is it just gonna be pictures but better pics? Perhaps virtual reality vacations?

That’s the thing though. As good as technology is, you don’t see everyone on video speaking because they lost that skill. Even this forum is just text. You don’t see many other than Justin speaking to us vocally.

Back in the days trolling used to be social. Instead of being a keyboard warrior you would do prank calls with your friends and laugh in person with all. It used to be creative. Anti social media is making us less social.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I have noticed that people are much more awkward in real life nowadays because most of the socializing they do is on their phone so they forget how to actually interact with a human being in person

I try to stay away from social media because I think it's toxic and puts you at a very low vibration mentally.

I deleted my Facebook years ago, I only use Twitter and Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by KD7 View Post
    I have noticed that people are much more awkward in real life nowadays because most of the socializing they do is on their phone so they forget how to actually interact with a human being in person

I try to stay away from social media because I think it's toxic and puts you at a very low vibration mentally.

How is it toxic? Reasons???

Quote Originally Posted by KD7 View Post

But twitter is toxic

I like to watch videos on tiktok apart from that all forms of social media are toxic look at me type bulshit.. catch a train or head out into any main area, people are glued to there phones like they're locked into the matrix..

You just have to use this to your advantage Walk on Water. Similar to what handsome Manny said, people are not as good at socializing, not like they used to in the 90s. You can say that today's kids do not have the balls to walk up to a girl and start conversation. Since that is rare now, it gives us guys who can walk up to a girl and tell them to their face that they are hot the advantage. Girls love that. Sometimes you just have to let the rest of their world continue on, even if they don't realize they're walking into a dark place.

Very interesting topic. Kind of reminds me of Jesus, who also walked on water, telling his father to forgive them because they do not know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post
    How is it toxic? Reasons???
    Most users on any social media platform are just toxic. At least the ones that do the most posting. Just go through any controversial YouTube video and read the comments and all the keyboard warriors that come out.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    You just have to use this to your advantage Walk on Water. Similar to what handsome Manny said, people are not as good at socializing, not like they used to in the 90s. You can say that today's kids do not have the balls to walk up to a girl and start conversation. Since that is rare now, it gives us guys who can walk up to a girl and tell them to their face that they are hot the advantage. Girls love that. Sometimes you just have to let the rest of their world continue on, even if they don't realize they're walking into a dark place.

Very interesting topic. Kind of reminds me of Jesus, who also walked on water, telling his father to forgive them because they do not know what they are doing.

That’s true! Maybe it gives us an advantage! Cuz everyone else doesn’t know how to talk anymore and just hides behind their phone!

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    imagine talking to yourself on a forum.

total loser.
    Honestly the only reason he hangs around here is probably because there's no like system for him to whine and bitch about

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    Most users on any social media platform are just toxic. At least the ones that do the most posting. Just go through any controversial YouTube video and read the comments and all the keyboard warriors that come out.
    Even forums have a bunch of toxic users who are stubborn plus moderators who are crap. By that I'm not talking about this forum but another forum which i frequently visit before i got banished.