High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Championship Puzzle

My final tweaks for this years roster are:

1.Sign Johnathan Williams to a minimum, guaranteed one year deal.

2. Waive Alex Caruso

3. Sign Scott Machado and Andre Ingram to two-way contracts.

Default Re: Championship Puzzle

Now that I know we are signing Tyson Chandler. I say waive Williams and Caruso, and give two-way contracts to Scott Machado(41% from three in South Bay last year) and Andre Ingram (48% from three last year in South Bay).

I recall Ingram having a very positive effect on our three point shooting last year in the couple of games he was with the team, not only knocking down threes but seeming to make our other guys a little more locked in and focused on hitting their open threes. Machado is a good fit also because he is another playmaker(9 assists per game last year), that can score at a good rate(16ppg), as well.

We need shooting as part of the teams overall culture. Even if they are not going to get significant minutes, their presence is needed in practices and occassionally in games.

NBA lottery pick

Those minor moves aren't going to make this even close to a championship roster. They would need some kind of major trade, which I'm not sure they are going to make yet. I think they'll have a good feeling of what they really think of players like Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Ball, etc and if they feel like they need to trade them while they might hold a little more value.

NBA All-star

this team is good enough to win the championship as long as Luke Walton doesn't fall into the Butch van Breda Kolff mentality

don't go with the young guys because they are the future of the league, but one single veteran, on yours or the opposing team can make the difference. The reason he won't make the counter mistake, is because he's counting the turnovers differently than what shows up on the box score, a reflection of his coaching ability.
    Last edited by GimmeThat; 11-08-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Three games into the "Tyson Chandler era" and we are 3-0. Our depth chart looks like a balanced and complete team at this point.

Ball/Hart/Ingram/James/McGee
    Rondo/KCP/Stephenson/Kuzma/Chandler

Gives us two strong units, with us looking to develop the Euro players throughout the season.

Bonga/Svi/Beasley/Wagner/Zubac is going to be a potent group for us as well going into the playoffs.

I say bring in Scott Machado as another playmaker and knockdown shooter, and Andre Ingram as a knockdown shooter and man of faith in our locker room.

You got a real hard on for Machado and Andre bruh

Home of the 16

Kkinchen, what is with the bold statements/title on every thread you make

NBA All-star

with Javale McGee's production slowly tapering off, Michael Beasley should really focus on Western Conference opponent not named Golden State Warriors, and be sure the Lakers have enough rests in between playoff series

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    with Javale McGee's production slowly tapering off, Michael Beasley should really focus on Western Conference opponent not named Golden State Warriors, and be sure the Lakers have enough rests in between playoff series
    It's not exactly tapering off, but his minutes are coming down due to Chandler. Lakers are relying more on Chandler's overall defense and rebounding in key minutes

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    It's not exactly tapering off, but his minutes are coming down due to Chandler. Lakers are relying more on Chandler's overall defense and rebounding in key minutes
    Javale McGee's defense is nowhere near overrated, similar to a defensive Boris Diaw, where all the defense team needs to pay attention to is when opposing players shots being altered, there aren't another player being wide open in the paint

I take a contested 3 all day