Default 2020 NBA Finals Game 1 will be played June 4th

You can mark your calendar.

Any predictions on what the finals matchup will be?

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: 2020 NBA Finals Game 1 will be played June 4th

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops View Post
    You can mark your calendar.

Any predictions on what the finals matchup will be?
    Clippers Bucks

Before their recent skid, I'd have picked the Clippers to rep the Western conference, versus the clearly front-running, prohibitive favorite of the Eastern conference, the Bucks. It's beginning to look more and more likely that the Lakers will survive the western conference gauntlet - provided that LBJ and Davis stay healthy.

However, the Clippers can easily turn it around and upset the Lakers. They have enough bodies to swarm on defense, clog up the passing lanes and tilt the game in their favor.

Lakers - Bucks

Rockets, Celtics & Raptors might be the hottest teams in the league right now, but I'm taking the two best players in the world leading their #1-seeded teams to the Finals.

Great college starter

Lakers - Bucks with Lakers winning

LA has too much size and two Top 5 players/MVP candidates. Clippers aren’t really maximizing each other and George has been pretty disappointing. It may just be me but it seems like Harrell also is playing more for stats in a contract year rather than playing to win

If they pull it all together by the time the playoffs roll around, and George can come close to his play from last season, they’ll be the favorites. I don’t think they will though

I have LA over Milwaukee largely because I’ve never liked the chances of teams led by a superstar with role players against 2 superstars with role players. Giannis is the best player in the world, but Middleton is far from comparable to either LeBron or AD, both of whom can dominate/take over a game or series whereas Middleton struggles in the postseason

I expect it to be Lakers vs Bucks

Clippers have been riddled with injuries all season and they don't seem to be on the same page on the court

I usually hit open layups

I do hope it's the Lakers from the West.
    From the East, if it's Toronto, I hope to see Lebron go full LeBronto on them again just for the Lolz and memes.