Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Real Madrid - Boston Celtics Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    You are mental. Straight up.

And are we gonna act like 16-17 year olds don't get burn in EL? We seriously gonna act like that isn't the NORM overseas?

The Celtics looked OK at best, and still ran roughshod over the Champs.
    Well, it depends on the definition of burn.
    Getting 5 minutes down 30 or getting 15 minutes like Doncic has been playing in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

But i get what you are saying, we normally try to put potential on the court early.. but it's not that common.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I remember you saying he couldn't create shots, now he can.
    At least that, quick development in a couple of weeks.
    When did I say that

Well El Chacho might have grown right before my eyes in 2 weeks or he is just being guarded by Isaiah Thomas.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

So, let's assume Rudy Fernandez is as important as Amir Johnson. Where are the other 15 points coming from? Never mind the fact the Celtics played their rookies 12 minutes+, where they won't see burn in meaningful games in the regular season...

Banned

Damn if Real play like that in their regular season they might get relegated from Euroleague.

I remember you saying he couldn't create shots, now he can.
    At least that, quick development in a couple of weeks.
    It reminds of the moron clown announcer on the NBATV broadcast. I watched that.

First they claimed this,

"These games remember are not played under NBA rules. They are played under FIBA rules, to help the international team, so the court is smaller. It's shorter and narrower."

Yeah, except the games the NBA and Euroleague play against each other are all played under NBA rules only. They stopped playing the mixed rules games years ago. I wonder if that bullshit lie also has to do with Stern showing up in Milan, pushing his influence to NBATV? Can't have Fener beat an NBA team in the USA I guess?

So then right after that though, a few minutes later.......

The same moron announcer got caught in his own lies, when he said this....

"Sergio Rodriguez is not known for his outside shot, you know he can't really shoot the 3." Which is funny of course, because he's probably most known for his 3 point shooting ability............

Then this gem of wisdom and insight came,

"Yeah, he just hit a 3 point pointer, but that is only his first 3 pointer in the game. He's now just 1 for 7 in the game. Of course that's easily explainable, because the NBA court, which we are using in this game, has the further 3 point line than the European court, and the Real players are not used to the further 3 point line, and it's a bit out of their shooting range."

First, as if a 3 point shot, that is just half a step further, would be "out of their shooting range".......oh, so professional players can't hit a shot that's half a step further away, OK, that makes sense.

Second, he played for years in the NBA before, so what? He just somehow forgot how to shoot from that distance anyway?

Third, a few minutes earlier, he claimed that they were using the FIBA court, to make the game easier for the Real Madrid, and they were not playing under NBA rules (even though they actually were), and so that the court was smaller, shorter, narrower, and then just a few minutes later, he claimed they were using the NBA court, when the subject of the NBA 3 point line distance came up, and the fact that they were using the NBA 3 point line distance...........

Caught in their own lies, trying to twist and manipulate what people watching the game think - that "it is played under FIBA rules".......oh look, even under FIBA rules an NBA team won.

No end to their bullshit.

The fact that the NBA brought in a brand new and special court just for the game, you know, an NBA dimensions court, just for the game, which anyone and everyone can compare to Real's normal court and see that it was a DIFFERENT COURT, and would PROVE that was a lie they were telling, was apparently of no consequence at all to them.

Anyone could see that they brought in a totally new and different court for both the games in Madrid and Milan and could compare the courts and see that they are entirely different courts and that they lied in saying they were FIBA courts.

All of this only proves what I have said here all along, that the NBA goes out of its way to intentionally lie about the Euroleague, in order to make it seem worse. And you can't say it is not the NBA doing this, when it is NBATV behind that.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Well, it depends on the definition of burn.
    Getting 5 minutes down 30 or getting 15 minutes like Doncic has been playing in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

But i get what you are saying, we normally try to put potential on the court early.. but it's not that common.
    Doncic was getting playing time only against bad teams in the Spanish League, that Real Madrid is guaranteed to beat every single game. What you describe from above. Garbage time minutes against scrub teams in the ACB.

He played a grand total of 0 minutes in the Euroleague.

This is a discussion about the Euroleague, not the Spanish League. Two completely different levels and especially two completely different scenarios for a big club like Real.

Same goes for Radoncic.

Neither Radoncic, nor Doncic have ever played a single minute in the Euroleague, and we have clowns here like Rooster and catch24 acting like they were stars on the team that won the Euroleague last year.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Inches
    Damn if Real play like that in their regular season they might get relegated from Euroleague.
    They can't get relegated from Euroleague. They have a guaranteed place every season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    They can't get relegated from Euroleague. They have a guaranteed place every season.
    They're bribing Euroleague. ?
    Someone has to report them.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    So, let's assume Rudy Fernandez is as important as Amir Johnson. Where are the other 15 points coming from? Never mind the fact the Celtics played their rookies 12 minutes+, where they won't see burn in meaningful games in the regular season...

Real Madrid played 3 high school players.

Doncic
    Radoncic
    Thiago

Let me repeat that, THREE HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS.

WTF is your point?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Has to be embarrassing for the El for their champ to get trashed like that on their home floor to boot. Yes, it's the pre-season and all but you want to at least make it respectable against a fringe playoff team in Boston.

Real is trying to gain entry into the NBA and this effort can't help their cause. For this idea to work, the NBA will need to accept, not just 1 team, but a slew of NBA ready teams from Greece, Spain, Italy to build a European Conference, not just a division. I believe this could be reality one day, and this should be pretty exciting what with collisions of basketball philosophies and worlds colliding .

Make it happen, Silver.

4 pages of shit in a Celtics thread...this can only mean that EL is doing his thing in here.

The game had a heavy preseason vibe; both teams were running super basic offense.

Can't wait to see regular season Isaiah Thomas. He's smartly not turning the jets on in preseason. Our team is built to last.

Also our players are noticeably stronger--a testament to our strength and conditioning coach Bryan Doo.

Memphis Grizzlies 97 - Maccabi HAIFA 84

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400830100

The game was tied at halftime. It was a 6 point game after the 3rd quarter.

it was a 4 point game with a few minutes left....

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?ga...30100&period=4

Is this even real life?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-09-2015 at 07:38 PM.