Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cavs moving on from Tristan Thompson. SH**

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Yeah, that's all true... but I'm guessing ushering in the ESPN photographer and writer to make it a part of their story today wasn't required by league rules.

It's not bridge burning... just another reminder of how badly Rich Paul has handled this thing.
    I honestly think he figured he had leverage because of his ties with Lebron.
    Either Lebron didn't support it as heavily because he's trying to get next year or the Cavs simply didn't care.
    Either way his arrogance might ruin TT's chances.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    So he can still take the 5/80 deal the Cavs offered?
    Sure.

Banned

But kenneth you haven't worked a day in your life nor will you due to that inheritance money so why should your opinion matter on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    if any of us had a job where we got paid 10$ an hour

and we knew we could get 25$ an hour

but our boss will only give us a raise to 20$ an hour

every single one of us would quit and take the job paying 25$ an hour

period. no ifs ands or buts about it.

anyone hating on TT is a hypocrite
    Except, TT hasn't got another job paying him 25$ an hour.

The Cavs offered him $16 million a year. The only team who has anything close to that in cap room right now are the Trailblazers, with $15.6 million.

So a better analogy is:

You have a job paying $10 an hour

And we knew we could get $20 from said boss but we delude ourselves into believing we could get $21 somewhere else

Boss offers $20 an hour

You quit said job and either go on food stamps because no-one else will employ you or you go to McDonald's for $15 an hour. Or you can eat crow and take the $20 originally offered to you.

Thompson is a complete ****wit. Hopefully he has to go over to Europe for a lot less pay.

NBA lottery pick

5 years 80M for a hustle player and he declines

Very good NBA starter

Lol this is basically Cavs smacking Lebron across the mouth. Lebron has been behind this holdout the entire time. The dude is corrupt and uses his own strength to enrich others, bascially wanting the incompetent Rich Paul (man behind the decision) to get paid through the Cavs wallet.

I honestly don't see why anyone would want to deal with Lebron. The guy is such an utter narcisistic scumbag drama queen.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Lol this is basically Cavs smacking Lebron across the mouth. Lebron has been behind this holdout the entire time. The dude is corrupt and uses his own strength to enrich others, bascially wanting the incompetent Rich Paul (man behind the decision) to get paid through the Cavs wallet.

I honestly don't see why anyone would want to deal with Lebron. The guy is such an utter narcisistic scumbag drama queen.
    Atleast he didnt get his dad killed over gambling debts

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The pot calling the kettle black.

it seems to me the exactly other way around - LeBron stayed out of it and the Cavs made the correct realization that Rich Paul is an absolute nobody without him in the room

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Except, TT hasn't got another job paying him 25$ an hour.

The Cavs offered him $16 million a year. The only team who has anything close to that in cap room right now are the Trailblazers, with $15.6 million.

So a better analogy is:

You have a job paying $10 an hour

And we knew we could get $20 from said boss but we delude ourselves into believing we could get $21 somewhere else

Boss offers $20 an hour

You quit said job and either go on food stamps because no-one else will employ you or you go to McDonald's for $15 an hour. Or you can eat crow and take the $20 originally offered to you.

Thompson is a complete ****wit. Hopefully he has to go over to Europe for a lot less pay.

wrong.. thompson does have another job making more money. its just that he has to wait a year to get it

and the only way to do that is to keep making his minimum wage for 1 more year

he will get the max. i'm willing to bet 100$ paypal on it

NBA lottery pick

heres the problem... another team WILL pay thompson the max.

so thompson isnt being greedy. he just wants his market value

Not this year. Only 2-3 teams could even offer more than 10 per year like Blazers, Sixers and Jazz, so the Cavs are sitting pretty now with all the leverage.

Next year after possibly sitting out all year his value will be demolished and he

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

This actually has nothing to do with LeBron. He had a chance to leverage himself in the TT contract negotiation by holding out himself until Tristan was signed. He didn't do that, despite reports that he would. LeBron signed a long time ago and publicly said he would completely stay out of the TT thing.

In interviews since this madness started, he has sounded like he backs the Cavs more than anything else.

I'd love to blame this on James, but this is all Rich Paul. I guess LeBron could be blamed in a roundabout way, because the only reason anyone even knows Paul's name is because he grew up in the vicinity of LeBron James, but outside of that ... nah.

wrong.. thompson does have another job making more money. its just that he has to wait a year to get it

and the only way to do that is to keep making his minimum wage for 1 more year

he will get the max. i'm willing to bet 100$ paypal on it
    Read RIP's post and educate yourself.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Bran and his fans would love it if Thompson didn't return.

More LeExcuses for them to lean on.

this.

lebron fans spend most of their time trying to discredit Wade Bosh Irving Love etc

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Lebron tarts are between a rock in a hard place.
    If they say he worth the max then bron did have some talented help in the finals. If they say he isn't it makes Bron's management team look greedy and says he didn't help TT game develop.

Ohhh the choices.