Default Re: Cavs moving on from Tristan Thompson. SH**

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm completely confident in these guys.
    Who? Windhorst? Is that your source?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW

windhorst does have a connection to RCF but windy just did a podcast was lowe and doesn't have any clue what's going to happen with the deal.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    Windhorst is saying exactly the opposite, so I guess we'll see.

He also said (1) LeBron would only consider coming back to Cleveland if Kyrie were traded and (2) it was "known" that Kyrie and his family wanted out of Cleveland (he promptly signed a max extension).

His recent track record with Cavs' related stories is not good. Like I said, we'll see what happens. I'm just telling you what I've heard.

Decent college freshman

It would be just guesswork on my part, but I'd say yes... I doubt the Cavs are the ones moving closer to Tristan's $94 million demand. I would put my money on Rich Paul moving toward the Cavs' 5/80 offer. Keep in mind that I also heard from good sources that the Cavs actually upped it to 5/82 a few days ago. That would probably be my guess if I had to pick a number.

We'll find out soon enough.
    I saw yesterday I think on r/nba that TT's gear was put back onto the Cavs' website (may have been early this morning).

Also, I don't know if you listen to the Dunc'd On Podcast, but he had a Cavs beat writer on recently. He said something along the lines that if the Cavs offered in the neighborhood of $80-85M/5 years that Rich Paul/TT would likely take it at this point. He claimed it was a gut feeling and he was distant from the talks, but this sounds kinda similar to what you're saying.

Just wanted to share since it was relevant. Thanks for bringing good info, RBA! I actually trust what you're saying haha

Is it hypocritical in the sense that he was trying to prevent Super Teams from becoming the free agency trend and now he's built a Super Team partly because of free agency? I guess ... but I'm pretty sure every owner in the league is looking out for their own interests depending on where they are on the totem pole.
    That would be the hypocrisy. Threw a temper tantrum over Paul and the last CBA only to go in with this team just like it's the 2008 Lakers or some shit Knicks team paying tax through the roof because he has marketable stars and a blank check.

You are also right with the irony though. He's about to pay an incredible sum of money due to the very rules he worked so hard to implement to "protect" small market or "poor" teams.

Dan Gilbert: The Irony and Hypocrisy

Breaking: Lebron has extended his dick to dan gilbert...waiting for reversal of the decision

Decent playground baller lil jahlil's Avatar

Just lost one of their key players. I'm sure LeBron will find a way to make the team more stacked through his recruiting though.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Hopefully this will be over soon, RBA has been the biggest TT fan.

TT is no superstar but he has shown improvement year after year, dude has played 82 games 3 straight years something that can't be said to who they have on the cavs right now.

His numbers are reduced due to the fact that kevin love is there but TT showed he can deliver and even without K.Love this is a championship roster.

A lot of cavs fans saying that its ok for TT to walk because Varejao is back, as in like hell yeah... wait what if he gets injured again?

My guess is TT will not sign for 5 years, he might sign for 3 years.

Very good NBA starter

It's business. Lebron knows it and Tristan knows it. They are real good friends and Lebron strikes me as the type to help you get paid.

I think Lebron understands you can't have 3-4 20 plus million a year contracts especially to a guy that is just not at that market like him. Tristan should know no one is paying him that money unless a starting big gets hurt and is out the season.

Well, I'll just put it like this... remember when everyone was tracking Dan Gilbert's private jet during the LeBron madness last summer? That all started with a post on a private Cavs forum by a supposed insider. From there, it spread like wildfire onto Twitter and other media platforms, but we may have never known anything about it if not for this one guy making a single post in a Cavs' message board.

And, it was 100% true. Even Dan Gilbert has laughed about how he is going to have to watch releasing his flight plan in the future.
    That night was insane. I love safari's.