Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Default Re: Lebron played on 2 back to back 60+ win teams

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm not saying Kobe doesn't. I never questioned Kobe's effort in the series like I did for Lebron. But like I said, neither one of them had a good series against the Celtics, and even though I think Lebron's cast is great and great enough for him to win a title with, he couldn't afford having a bad series as easily as Kobe could cause Kobe had the better cast.
    That was exactly my point :). I just find it a little weird that people can question Lebron's effort, who is considered the best if not one of the best players in the league.

Banned

Both 08-09 and 09-10 Cavaliers were stacked. Probably the most complete all-around team along with the Orlando Magic. But ive been saying this 2 years the real piece Lebron and the Cavs are needing is a real legit second option, neither Mo Williams, Ilgauskas, a washed up old Shaq, Jamison...etc are close to being second options, third at best.

90 % of the winning teams in history are built around a franchise superstar with a superstar second option who has a big impact on games. See Shaq/Kobe, Jordan/Pippen, Bird/Mchale, Magic/Kareem, Kobe/Gasol, Wade/Shaq...etc etc etc. Once you have your franchise player and your legit second option, its time to get a bunch of good or very good role players, which I think Cleveland already has.

The combination of "Big Superstar" + "Superstar second option" + "good role players" almost always develops into a championship.

You see this playoffs, and the 08-09 playoffs and Mo Williams choked because of the big responsability they made him to had. He doesnt have the heart of a Pippen, a Gasol, a 00-02 Kobe...etc. He cant take over games when Lebron is struggling or simply is guarded by 2 or 3 players. As ive said before, if you can somehow maintain this current Cavs roster and add a guy like Bosh in exchange for lets say Jamison + O`neal, or something like that...Cleveland wins the chip or at least play the finals.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperephania
    Your entire post seems to be based on that LeBron should be able to do it all himself. I disagree. LeBron is human afterall.
    - Correct me if I'm wrong here.
    No player can do it by himself, you need a team. But LeBron has areas where he needs to improve, including leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    So basically LeBron gets all the praise for being the sole reason for the Cavs winning 60 games, but none of the criticism for losing in the ECSF.

lol
    So True

There shouldn't be any BS about Lebron>Kobe until LeBronze actually wins something!!!!!!