Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kleiza Signs $12.2M Deal With Olympiakos

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Give it another 20 years and the EuroLeague will probably become the top basketball league in the world.
    Stop baiting the stupid people. Some of them are from places like Utah or Ohio where it's ok to be slower. They think you are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Dominique Wilkins, Bob McAdoo are notable HOFers who left for the Euroleague.
    Boy oh boy did YOU shoot yourself in the foot with that answer. These players well well past their prime when they left for Europe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    Boy oh boy did YOU shoot yourself in the foot with that answer. These players well well past their prime when they left for Europe
    Nique had just averaged 29 PPG with the Clippers, the year before he left.

He came back and put up 18 PPG off the bench for San Antonio when he returned.

Obviously no player is capable of leaving for the Euroleague at the peak of their career, because players are stuck for years due to their contracts. A player would have to become a superstar and leave once their rookie contract expires after 4 seasons while turning down a huge extension in the NBA that assures them financially rather than the sometimes questionable payment methods overseas.

This is great News!

People who isn't nuggets fans won't understand this, but loosing LK and Jones is the best thing that could happen to this team... I don't think i'm gonna do the whole thing but here are some reasons:

1) LK shoot 30.25% Jumpers (Mid-range and 3's combined) And that is TERRIBLE for a guy who shoots as much as he does.
    2) LK is a terrible defender, the worst in the rotation.
    3) LK is mentaly weak, if he doesn't get 25+ mpg or if he doesn't get the contract he think he deserves will it effect his game.
    4) We only need LK for 10mpg cause melo is gonna play 38, and LK isn't top 50 at any category at PF.
    5) He is gonna score like 3ppg on 37% shooting playing 10mpg. And then it is better to actuallt have someone who can play D and actually spreed the floor.
    6) LK would be great if he got 30mpg at SF, but he won't in denver. So thats why i want an OK+ defender (not a terrible one) and someone who shoot jumpers at a high % and not 30%.

Jones:
    1) His defensive stats is NOT good at all.
    2) He has a low bball IQ, like fouling to much when there is no point or taking a stupid shot that never goes in
    3) He is terrible offensivly (exept dunking), terrible shooter, ball handler & passer.
    4) He would be perfect for this team if he could shoot jumpers. (Afflalo is an equal defender, and guess what he can do? yes, he can shoot jumpers and pass the ball)
    Last edited by kurple; 08-10-2009 at 05:31 PM.

I like this. Kleiza always went off against the Blazers when they played the Nuggets. probably because Outlaw is usually "guarding" him...

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    This is great News!

People who isn't nuggets fans won't understand this, but loosing LK and Jones is the best thing that could happen to this team... I don't think i'm gonna do the whole thing but here are some reasons:

1) LK shoot 30.25% Jumpers (Mid-range and 3's combined) And that is TERRIBLE for a guy who shoots as much as he does.
    2) LK is a terrible defender, the worst in the rotation.
    3) LK is mentaly weak, if he doesn't get 25+ mpg or if he doesn't get the contract he think he deserves will it effect his game.
    4) We only need LK for 10mpg cause melo is gonna play 38, and LK isn't top 50 at any category at PF.
    5) He is gonna score like 3ppg on 37% shooting playing 10mpg. And then it is better to actuallt have someone who can play D and actually spreed the floor.
    6) LK would be great if he got 30mpg at SF, but he won't in denver. So thats why i want an OK+ defender (not a terrible one) and someone who shoot jumpers at a high % and not 30%.

Jones:
    1) His defensive stats is NOT good at all.
    2) He has a low bball IQ, like fouling to much when there is no point or taking a stupid shot that never goes in
    3) He is terrible offensivly (exept dunking), terrible shooter, ball handler & passer.
    4) He would be perfect for this team if he could shoot jumpers. (Afflalo is an equal defender, and guess what he can do? yes, he can shoot jumpers and pass the ball)
    Who would you like to see the Nuggets singing?
    So far they have
    Nene l C. Andersen
    K. Martin l M. Allen
    C. Anthony l R. Balkman
    A. Afflalo l J.R. Smith
    C. Billups l T. Lawson

Bigs: Pops or Aaron Gray SF's: Novak, Udoka, Bowen (Or is he signed?), Rodney Carney, Coby Karl PG: Anyone. There are many others who could fill the role of LK, but we need a 3rd PG, a backup SF (Someone who can defend and shoot) and a Big (Someone who rebounds.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Leon powe.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Bigs: Pops or Aaron Gray SF's: Novak, Udoka, Bowen (Or is he signed?), Rodney Carney, Coby Karl PG: Anyone. There are many others who could fill the role of LK, but we need a 3rd PG, a backup SF (Someone who can defend and shoot) and a Big (Someone who rebounds.
    I like the idea of Pops, Udoka and or Bowen

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Leon powe.
    Hmmm that would be decent

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

any of the above would be adequate. not necessarily better than LK but perhaps a better fit and able to help out. we really only need a solid bench swing man to give us 10 mpg and 5-6 ppg. LK averaged 10 ppg in 22 mpg. we dont have 22 mpg to play behind melo anymore anyways. and if the new guy can play any D, even better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Like the NBA doesn't sign the European players I like Kleiza but the league will do fine without him... He's only a bench player. The day a high level player leaves for Europe then we can get worried.
    I don't know why this myth is endlessly repeated on these boards.

Byron Scott
    Bob McAdoo
    Dominique Wilkins
    Eddie Johnson
    Dino Radja
    Rolando Blackman
    Ricky Pierce
    Xavier McDaniel

The list goes on and on of good NBA players that have left the NBA and played in Europe.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Give it another 20 years and the EuroLeague will probably become the top basketball league in the world.
    How much meth did your mom do while she was pregnant with you?

Value Ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Dominique Wilkins, Bob McAdoo are notable HOFers who left for the Euroleague.
    Late late in career.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Spurs, Lakers, Celts, Cavs, Mavs, Magic all added pieces this offseason...the Nuggets have stood idly by and have only lost players. Jones, Hunter and now Kleiza...and I still don't get the point of the Hunter trade.

I love Melo and Billups and practically that whole team. I rooted for them in the playoffs and it's just irritating how they probably won't meet their expectations this upcoming season.