Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Why won't the Cavs just wait on Love

I don't understand why the Cavs just don't wait until next year to sign Love long term if he wants to play with Lebron. It absolutely makes no sense to give up on Wiggins, and even with Love they are not winning the title next year anyway.

Cavs would be wise to keep their assets and wait for Love to come to them if he really wants to play with the King.

Default Re: Why won't the Cavs just wait on Love

I have sources INSIDE the Timberwolves organisation. They are pretty clear in that they want Love gone by the start of the season. Don't read into what the media is saying about the organisation. It's a decoy.

NBA rookie of the year

what if lebron leaves them again after 2 years?
    Also lebron is aging

they can wait forever but they will never get my love

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    what if lebron leaves them again after 2 years?
    Also lebron is aging
    He could leave after one year due to his opt-out clause.

I say we keep Wiggins.

If we HAVE to trade Wiggins for Love, I'd only do it if it was with Thompson (want to keep Bennett), and we would need Dieng back as part of the deal.

I really think we should sit pat at this point though, and see how our young guys mesh together. We should definitely not let Lebron come in here and start dictating, that much is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by westsideozzie
    I don't understand why the Cavs just don't wait until next year to sign Love long term if he wants to play with Lebron. It absolutely makes no sense to give up on Wiggins, and even with Love they are not winning the title next year anyway.

Cavs would be wise to keep their assets and wait for Love to come to them if he really wants to play with the King.
    Cap problems

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    He could leave after one year due to his opt-out clause
    even more of a reason, but dont give up wiggins.

Minny is in a weak position
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 07-20-2014 at 12:16 PM.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    I have sources INSIDE the Timberwolves organisation. They are pretty clear in that they want Love gone by the start of the season. Don't read into what the media is saying about the organisation. It's a decoy.
    Did your source contact you via Twitter? We know what that means...

What if they wait and the clippers somehow trade for him while also keeping blake and cp3......Would he choose to play with lebron in cleveland or get a extra 50 million to stay in LA and play with cp3 and blake griffin

This is just a hypothetical situation but a scenario like this is why they will not wait

Minnesota knows Love wont resign. They will seek to trade him to get something for nothing. No way he walks after the season as a Wolve

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    This is it. If they want him they have to go get him or another team will. I'm sure Minnesota knows that once the season is going the amount of teams and what they'll offer will go down.

Learning to shoot layups

Important to start developing chemistry as soon as possible. All these so-called super teams take time to develop the right chemistry. Miami in their first year hadn't yet worked out all the kinks. Irving, James and Love will need time to work out the right balance. Even then they should make it to the Finals in their first year.

College superstar

LeBron isn't leaving after one year, unless it's part of some crazy revenge scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    LeBron isn't leaving after one year, unless it's part of some crazy revenge scheme.
    Wouldnt put nothing past him

Serious playground baller

All Love has to say is that I will only play with Lebron and the CAVS can keep everybody or do a sign and trade that benefits them. Love and Cavs have all the leverage.