Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Star a Franchise : Current "Curry and Kawhi" or Prime "Lebron and Durant"

Curry 2016 & Kawhi 2016 vs Lebron 2013 & Durant 2014
    With coach Kerr ?

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: Star a Franchise : Current "Curry and Kawhi" or Prime "Lebron and Durant"

Kawhi is the weak link, I'll take Lebron + Durant.

Default Re: Star a Franchise : Current "Curry and Kawhi" or Prime "Lebron and Durant"

Lebron and Durant easily. Kawhi is just not on the other guys' levels.

Kids overrating kwahi like crazy these days

Lebron > Durant > Curry >>> Kawhi

Banned

Curry needs a very specific group of players around him to succeed

-Size on all 4 positions

-Elite defenders in all positions

-Elite playmaking teammates

-Tall backup PG

-Spot-up shooters

-Elite rim protection

He needs a very specific group of skillset around him to succeed to mask his deficiencies, you cant just plug him into a team and make them succeed

He's not an All-round machine like LeBron, more like a borderline star that masquerades as a Superstar when put with a very specific group of players that are tailored around his skillset.

Put Curry on any other playoff team in the league, they barely win 50 games

In a game of two on two I'd probably take Lebald and Durant, but since the question is to start a franchise, I'd go with Curry and Kawhi

The reason, because Lebald is too ball dominant and makes other superstars much worse. Durant's role would be reduced to a Shane Battier

Curry and Durant are on a much higher level than the other two, although Kawhi has killed Lebald on several occasions

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    In a game of two on two I'd probably take Lebald and Durant, but since the question is to start a franchise, I'd go with Curry and Kawhi

The reason, because Lebald is too ball dominant and makes other superstars much worse. Durant's role would be reduced to a Shane Battier

I agree, although the Battier reference is a bit much.

It is much easier to fit a team around Curry/Kawhi, even though they don't have as much talent as Lebron/Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDraper
    Curry needs a very specific group of players around him to succeed

-Size on all 4 positions

-Elite defenders in all positions

-Elite playmaking teammates

-Tall backup PG

-Spot-up shooters

-Elite rim protection

He needs a very specific group of skillset around him to succeed to mask his deficiencies, you cant just plug him into a team and make them succeed

He's not an All-round machine like LeBron, more like a borderline star that masquerades as a Superstar when put with a very specific group of players that are tailored around his skillset.

Put Curry on any other playoff team in the league, they barely win 50 games
    It's true Lebron doesn't need any special teammates, he will just transform anyone into Booby Gibson, even a prime Shaq.

Durant past his prime? Damn nobody cared to inform me

Banned

LeBron and Durant, easy.

LeBron and Durant. They are way better than the Beta Boys.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035

Exactly this. Lebron makes other stars worse and as an owner I don't want to deal with lebron jumping to other teams if he doesn't get his way.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I agree, although the Battier reference is a bit much.

It is much easier to fit a team around Curry/Kawhi, even though they don't have as much talent as Lebron/Durant.
    Lebron's ball dominance didn't affect Kyrie as much... I feel like Lebron + KD is just gonna wreck hovac... Could you imagine a small ball line up with Lebron and KD?