Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard game winner

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    was a road game, Duncan 1st game back after a while, Parker out, 2nd night of a b2b, can't shoot lights out every game

Warriors only beat Phoenix by 8...and they are worse than ORL and NYK
    Manu is recovering from a neutering surgery too. Spurs showed some heart in there.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi
    Yet the Spurs have a better point differential than the Warriors.
    Yep pretty much explained that away right there, also there is a lot of really bad teams in the west that the Spurs take seriously and play like the game is 0 0 no matter what. The Warriors like to mess around with their food, but when things get serious they have a gear that Spurs haven't had since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi
    Tim's importance goes further than a clutch basket or anything stat related. Other than blocks, rim protection doesn't show in the boxscore, and neither does leadership.
    Are you implying Kiwi's importance doesnt go beyond stats?

Kiwi is more impactful defender than Duncan now, and even if someone for some reason thinks Timmy is slightly more important on D, then offensively Kiwi is head and shoulders above TD. Thus overall its not even close, Kiwi is a budding superstar, and TD is a solid role player at this stage. Nothing wrong with that either, father time gets everyone.

I just find it hilarious some posters think Duncan is more important than Kiwi now. Take away the latter, and Spurs would strugle to reach Playoffs, take away Duncan, and Spurs remain contender (not as great, but great enough). Whats the record without TD this year? 13-2 or so?
    Last edited by Harison; 02-11-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Thus overall its not even close, Kiwi is a budding superstar,
    I'm not sure he's more of a Superstar than Jimmy Butler, for example. Kawhi is very very good. He's borderline superstar but he's been developed in a system that maximizes his skills and hides his flaws. Yes, he has flaws.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I had the same thought when I saw it. Just measures him, does a simple but effective cross and rises up. Aside from the shot form, looked like MJ.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXN0pbV5MJg

at 5:45 in that little movie you see Logo doing the original torch on my favorite all time player #10 of the Knicks. Listen to ol Bill Russell talking about it
    I doubt he invented it but... he might of tbh. Celtics used multiple screens in those situations, so did Sixers, Bucks got it to Alcinder because he would hit all free throws... Pistons lol they would give it to Dave Bing all right but that was cause.... he was all they had This was patented Logo stuff what Leonard did. Might collect a fee on it !!

So although he had to bring the ball down in that particular clip they still put Clyde out on Jerry's Island. Logo did that... man.... dozens of times. Dozens of game winners and that Kawhi shot it just looks identical.
    all those guys would talk about what a nightmare it was at the end of games... watching the rest of the Lakers drag their defenders away and how lonesome & remorseless it was out there with that dude.

Banned

Banned

stupid ass slowmotion ruined though

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXN0pbV5MJg

at 5:45 in that little movie you see Logo doing the original torch on my favorite all time player #10 of the Knicks. Listen to ol Bill Russell talking about it
    I doubt he invented it but... he might of tbh. Celtics used multiple screens in those situations, so did Sixers, Bucks got it to Alcinder because he would hit all free throws... Pistons lol they would give it to Dave Bing all right but that was cause.... he was all they had This was patented Logo stuff what Leonard did. Might collect a fee on it !!

So although he had to bring the ball down in that particular clip they still put Clyde out on Jerry's Island. Logo did that... man.... dozens of times. Dozens of game winners and that Kawhi shot it just looks identical.
    all those guys would talk about what a nightmare it was at the end of games... watching the rest of the Lakers drag their defenders away and how lonesome & remorseless it was out there with that dude.
    I don't see anything remotely similar. Don't get me wrong, JW was the man. He influenced so many Superstars but they both took different approaches. Kawhi stood in front of his man and created enough space with his crossovers to get a quick release, knowing he would get contested. West just did a simple but effective hesitation and got a clean look. There's more MJ than West in Kawhi's shot. West was more cerebral in his executions and took calculated risks, MJ was more daring and loved the challenge of a contested shot, like Kawhi showed.