NBA Superstar

Default Official ISH Fitness Thread

Inspired by Mallory Edens.

BEGINNERS FITNESS GUIDE THAT WILL ANSWER MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS

No linking to the old thread please. This is the new era of fitness on ISH. Thus the word "Official" in the title. To start we each post our stats and then we update with our improvements every week or so. No excuses.

Me as of 5/22/2014, 12:45 AM.

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 181.6 lbs
    Body Fat Percentage: 15.6%

Will either create or pick a workout routine to start tomorrow and update with my progress every week. Plan on icing my shoulder tonight to be ready to go ham tomorrow.
    Last edited by russwest0; 05-22-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Default Re: Official ISH Fitness Thread

What

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    sounds like you got a nice body russwest
    Thanks. Used to work at UPS doing tons of lifting and shit and was at like 160-165 pounds and 12% body fat. Difference was since then I hit a small growth spurt (20 years old) and grew about 2 inches and my body demanded that I ate a shit ton of food so I did and now I'm up to 15% body fat.

Plan on being back down around 12% body fat in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Thanks. Used to work at UPS doing tons of lifting and shit and was at like 160-165 pounds and 12% body fat. Difference was since then I hit a small growth spurt (20 years old) and grew about 2 inches and my body demanded that I ate a shit ton of food so I did and now I'm up to 15% body fat.

Plan on being back down around 12% body fat in 2 months.

I been lifting and exercising but I got to eat like fcuking 1500cals/day of the healthiest shit or it doesn't make a dent in my bodyfat. Real annoying

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I been lifting and exercising but I got to eat like fcuking 1500cals/day of the healthiest shit or it doesn't make a dent in my bodyfat. Real annoying
    are you being consistent? it usually takes like around 2-3 weeks of consistent work to start to see a difference.

and you don't want to starve yourself or anything like that. consistency is key. now if you want to do a diet where you have like 2 fast days a week where you only eat 1000 calories and eat normally on the other days that is fine, as long as you are consistent with it.

the problem is people try these fasting diet plans and starve themselves on two days and eat like pigs (3000+ cal) on all of the other days and are surprised when they don't see results...

I myself and having a hard time getting into a consistent diet plan. I'm living with my mom right now while finishing up college and she doesn't eat healthy so whenever they make an unhealthy meal I end up eating it as well.

the best way to get fit is just to get into a routine of tracking EVERYTHING (no exceptions) you eat with an app like myfitnesspal. This will eliminate all of the guesswork and help you identify problem areas.

I actually had this done about 2 days ago, since I'm in the middle of a 12 week challenge. Wanted to get a gauge of where I'm at, now that it ticked over week 6. I can do it more regularly now, since my friend is now qualified and knows how to do it. Don't have to pay a ridiculous amount of money just to get a reading of my body.

Haven't had a chance to ask my PT friend the results yet, but I'll get back to you once I do.

College star

Started prohormones a few months ago because i have a lot laying around... i'm about 3 weeks in, another two weeks and i start PCT.

Good results so far, i'm up 7lbs.