Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #2011
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputationJohnnySic has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
Beast! Good job man! What's your routine like?
I do a 2-days on, 1 day off routine, and six different workouts (back, chest, legs, shoulders, arms, and a miscellaneous day to squeeze in exercises I couldn't fit in anywhere else.)

I try to do 1 heavy compound (deadlifts, squats, cleans, barbell rows, etc) each workout, followed by isolation stuff with generally moderate weight.

I also like to combine muscle groups (for instance, sometimes I will do extra benching on leg day) and I often mix things up. I think that I respond better to that type of training rather than focusing on just 1 muscle group each time (as all muscle groups are interconnected).

I will do deadlifts on my arms day (deadlifts being the hardest exercise for me, followed by arms which is a relatively easy workout). On back day I do all kinds of rows.

I focus on strength and power, and I follow it up with rep training for hypertrophy.

I prefer barballs to dumbells (although I use both) because barbells lend themselves to compound training.

That's a general outline.

Last edited by JohnnySic : 12-29-2015 at 03:23 PM.
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #2012
TheImmortal
20th Season GOAT

TheImmortal has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I'm up to 6 muscle ups at 200lbs at the moment. Fairly happy with that. A nice show off exercise that I could never really do. Shit is all form. As soon as you get one down, you're able to keep doing more and more.

Lighter than before, and leaner than I've ever been in my life. Still able to bench 3 plates. Squats and Deads have become an endurance type exercises for me. Constantly at two plates and trying to hit 20 reps+.
Long arm problems bro.. I'm 235lbs right now and I struggle to do 5. .

How many reps on 315 brah?

Last edited by TheImmortal : 01-10-2016 at 01:13 PM.
TheImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:02 PM   #2013
plowking
TJ Ford of ISH

plowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat cool

No ones posted in here in a while.

I just made protein pancakes today for the first time in a while. They don't taste too bad, but like always, they're always a bit too dry.

It is really high calorie, but it is fine for the weekend when I'm doing big leg sessions back to back. Chuck in two eggs, 1.5 scoops of whey, table spoon of greek yogurt, a banana, table spoon of peanut butter, and about 40g of oats. Turns out nice, but need maple syrup with it. And an extra banana on top.

Immortal, at the moment only doing about 3 reps of it since I do weighted dips first, but if I do flat bench I usually do 5x5, or go for 6x4.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:05 PM   #2014
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No ones posted in here in a while.

I just made protein pancakes today for the first time in a while. They don't taste too bad, but like always, they're always a bit too dry.

protein oatmeal is the way to go

but it's also crazy dry
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #2015
plowking
TJ Ford of ISH

plowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat coolplowking is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
protein oatmeal is the way to go

but it's also crazy dry

That is the one thing I literally hate with all these protein foods. Even the bars. Look so damn good, bite into it, its fine, then it turns into powder and the Sahara desert in your mouth as soon as you start chewing it.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #2016
ArbitraryWater
Kobe #12 all time lol

ArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation hereArbitraryWater has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That is the one thing I literally hate with all these protein foods. Even the bars. Look so damn good, bite into it, its fine, then it turns into powder and the Sahara desert in your mouth as soon as you start chewing it.

lol
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #2017
Draz
The People's Choice

Draz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation here

I need a 6,000 calorie diet but I can't shit until every 2 days, need help asap
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:39 AM   #2018
KyrieTheFuture
NBA rookie of the year

KyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat cool

My brothers girlfriend made these chia/flax seed breakfast bars. Thank god there's a shocking amount of protein and healthy fats in those seeds because sweet jesus they're incredible.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #2019
Draz
The People's Choice

Draz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation hereDraz has a near all-star reputation here

Alright. Buying my membership this week to Planet Fitness. Hopefully I don't bump into my ex .. >:[
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #2020
D. Toretto
I airball my layups

D. Toretto has no real reputation yet.

Ay! Didn't know ISH is so active in the gym!
I started 4 months ago, going 4x a week, results are very good so far. Its getting more motivating each month.
D. Toretto is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: